Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#565 2011-04-27 09:34:04

Dimitri

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

Hi guys, I have very little time to try out whats the best for me.
i have no experience working with gateway payment system but I am confident.

I need to develop a webticket site for events. The clients doesnt want Paypal but with Sage Pay payment gateway.
And i want to use this plugin yab_shop.

Is there any way i can develop with this plugin and proceed to the checkout page with all the values been entered by a customer and pay by “Sage Pay”?
Please let me know if it’s possible.

Thanks, any help much appreciated
My other option is ticketscript but i am leaving this as my last option

<txp:way_too_cool />

#566 2011-04-30 16:55:28

Manaus
Website

Hello,
I just installed a plugin version on 4.3.0 (on the way of upgrading soon), but the page returns a Errore tag: <txp:yab_shop_cart> -> Notice: Undefined index: wfcart on line 23 for each product in the page.

Thank you for any suggestion…

#567 2011-05-02 07:44:14

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Dimitri,

Is there any way i can develop with this plugin and proceed to the checkout page with all the values been entered by a customer and pay by “Sage Pay”?
Please let me know if it’s possible.

I think so. It’s all PHP, if you have some knowledge and a Sage Pay API you can develop a connection to the API.

#568 2011-05-02 07:49:11

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Mauaus,

I just installed a plugin version on 4.3.0 (on the way of upgrading soon), but the page returns a Errore tag: <txp:yab_shop_cart> -> Notice: Undefined index: wfcart on line 23 for each product in the page.

Do you have installed the yab_shop_3rd_party plugin?
If so, then it ‘seems your webserver have some problems starting a session.

#569 2011-05-02 11:12:09

Manaus
Website

Oh my, what can I do? I’m using MAMP on mac, latest versions of both…

Thanks!

#570 2011-05-09 08:36:57

nj318

Hi there,

I also use this great plugin for quite some time now but I wonder if there is a bug with orders using PayPal checkout.

If it is selected, the customer is redirected to the PayPal website where he can confirm his payment. After confirmation the payment is sent. The PayPal confirmation site redirects the user back to our shop-url.

After redirect the user is back in our shops checkout section where it shows just an empty cart.

Then the process stops. No confirmation mail is sent to the customer or us. The payment however is done correctly so we can track the order via PayPal.

Any ideas how we can complete the order process correctly confirmation emails sent to customer an us after the (PayPal) payment process is completed?

#571 2011-05-09 12:40:21

miles
Website

trenc wrote:

Hi miles,

1. Everytime I put something in the shopping basket and then go to the checkout nothing seems to be there unless I refresh. http://www.booenterprise.com/shop
Can anyone see what I mean?

Disable the the »Send Last-Modified-Header« in the TXP preferences and try it again!

2. Is there anyway to control quantity of an item. For example if I only have 10 of an item and then they are all sold out it removes it from the site or something?

No sorry, a store or warehouse management is not implemented.

Thanks mate. Problem Solved.

#572 2011-05-09 16:14:27

CeBe
Plugin Author
Website

nj318 a écrit:

I also use this great plugin for quite some time now but I wonder if there is a bug with orders using PayPal checkout.

Same issue here, and I wonder if Paypal changed something since the plugin has been released.
All I can say is that confimation emails are sent by the function yab_shop_shop_mail() but I haven’t determined yet the conditions.

If someone knows about Paypal arcanes, further help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by CeBe (2011-05-09 16:52:15)

#573 2011-05-10 08:47:10

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

About the Paypal issue I cite myself:

An email will not be sent if the payment methods are Google checkout or Paypal checkout for the following reasons: If a customer is on the third party payment page (say Paypal) and he decide not to finish the order so yab_shop have no feedback from Paypal about the cancel of the order. So it would be logical Paypal would manage the customer and admin order mails. But Paypal does not. :(

If you want that always an email is send, regardless of the success of the Paypal process, you have to edit the plugin an I refer to this thread: http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=217097#p217097

#574 2011-05-10 09:31:03

CeBe
Plugin Author
Website

I’ve just read the paypal documentation.
It says that you can set the cancel_return variable to redirect to a specific page when the order is cancelled.
Does it help ?

#575 2011-05-10 11:03:22

CeBe
Plugin Author
Website

nj318 a écrit:

After redirect the user is back in our shops checkout section where it shows just an empty cart.

I think I got this one.
The user should be redirected to the thanks page as set up in the plugin’s preferences. This is conditionned by the presence of a GET parameter called merchant_return_link when returning from Paypal. I guess that, once upon a time, this parameter was returned, but is not anymore. Or at least, I don’t receive it for some reason. [1]

I don’t provide any solution yet, maybe it’s not my job :) But at least we know what happens.

1 The reason is : you should use yab_shop with a business Paypal account.

Last edited by CeBe (2011-05-10 15:14:23)

#576 2011-05-12 08:05:45

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

CeBe wrote:

I’ve just read the paypal documentation.
It says that you can set the cancel_return variable to redirect to a specific page when the order is cancelled.
Does it help ?

No. Maybe it would catch some user who cancel the process. But most of them (as I do, too) simply close the browser/tab.

Board footer