Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#31 2008-03-03 18:13:15

TheEric
Plugin Author

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

As an aside, the application of a shopping cart as seen in the demo is bloody brilliant. If you need help or anything, let me know! I would definitely be interested in helping further with Paypal/Google Payment integration.

#32 2008-03-03 19:10:14

progre55

trenc:

Add me to the list who think your plug fills a definite void in the TXP arsenal.

As of last week, I was searching for a simpler shopping cart solution to integrate into a TXP website that I am building. Then along comes your plug in. : )

I like many others who posted would like to see Paypal integration. I am open to any and all solutions, even if it is temporary so I can finish off the current project. I am hoping either Bloke (yes we meet again) or TheEric can give some guidance on this topic.

I am a little curious on the statement of it not being secure, since I would only be looking to port the information over to Paypal, but the actual credit card processing could be handled on their end. Again, any input from the commmunity would be greatly appreciated.

The nice thing is that I do not have a ton of products, so I am hoping to be able to roll out fairly quickly if I can get the Paypal thing ironed out.

Thanks for the effort/hardwork and contribution to the community.

progre55

#33 2008-03-04 17:32:17

trenc
Plugin Author
Website

Minor update is done.
I’ve extended the iso 4217 currency support for the paypal provided codes.
But I need feedback about the localized number format output. I don’t know all the country specific used number formats. Would be nice.

#34 2008-03-05 12:45:42

Pat64
Plugin Author
Website

Hi trenc.

Very amazing and useful plugin :)

I’d made a version of ours with a paypal form in it. Cause I’m not a PHP developer, this version need some professional’s corrections.
If you want my file (yab_config.txt customized and yab_shop), drop me a line.

Cheers,

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Simplr theme | Wait Me a maintenance theme

#35 2008-03-05 17:56:30

shayne
Website

trenc wrote:

Minor update is done.
I’ve extended the iso 4217 currency support for the paypal provided codes.
But I need feedback about the localized number format output. I don’t know all the country specific used number formats. Would be nice.

Canada – CAD is the same as US $ $

On another note I am having a problem where the little cart and checkout are not showing price or doing the math. When I use txp:yap_shop_custom_field the price is shown properly?? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

#36 2008-03-05 19:30:53

trenc
Plugin Author
Website

Canada – CAD is the same as US $ $

Oh, ‘erm … yes you’re right! I must have missed the independence. ;)
I will fix it next release.

On another note I am having a problem where the little cart and checkout are not showing price or doing the math. When I use txp:yap_shop_custom_field the price is shown properly?? Any thoughts?

I suppose the custom_field_price in your config are wrong.
Use it like this (depending on your custom field for price): 'custom_field_price' => 'Custom_1'
So here the prices are stored in »Custom field 1«.
And be sure the name for custom field for price is same as in config 'custom_field_price_name' => 'Price'.

Last edited by trenc (2008-03-05 19:39:35)

#37 2008-03-05 19:55:19

shayne
Website

trenc wrote:

bq. Canada – CAD is the same as US $ $

Oh, ‘erm … yes you’re right! I must have missed the independence. ;)
I will fix it next release.

I suppose the custom_field_price in your config are wrong.
Use it like this (depending on your custom field for price): 'custom_field_price' => 'Custom_1'
So here the prices are stored in »Custom field 1«.
And be sure the name for custom field for price is same as in config 'custom_field_price_name' => 'Price'.

Thank you, I had them both set as Price…Does the little cart need to be present or can you simply put a link to check out?

#38 2008-03-05 20:40:47

trenc
Plugin Author
Website

Thank you, I had them both set as Price…Does the little cart need to be present or can you simply put a link to check out?

No, sorry! The little cart is needed. But thanks for the feedback, I’ve marked it on my list. So maybe next release is not needed and optional.

Does math work now?

Last edited by trenc (2008-03-05 20:41:51)

#39 2008-03-06 03:17:06

shayne
Website

Everything is working great now, thank you for your help!

#40 2008-03-06 16:43:11

fk

Very nice stuff.

Got it implemented and running in the blink of an eye – although i initially ran into the same problems as shayne, but got that sorted out quickly thanks to the post by trenc here. Maybe you should update the documentation regarding that point, everything else is just like butter.

Thanks for the beautiful markup, too; its a breeze to style this thing.

Def. looking forward to the next releases.

Board footer