Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#349 2009-07-19 13:33:00

dl33
Website

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

I have a custom field yab_shop_price and the following in the config: 'custom_field_price_name' => 'Price', 'custom_field_price' => 'yab_shop_price', Not entirely sure what custom_field_price_name is for… (Did I get them the wrong way around?)

I updated to 0.7 and everything started working…

Last edited by dl33 (2009-07-19 14:44:58)

#350 2009-07-19 16:20:04

dl33
Website

One more thing: I don’t know if it has been done before, but I decided to customise <txp:yab_shop_add />. It works (so far) and there is no need to hack txp or the plugin.

<txp:php> echo '<form method="post" action="#yab-shop-form-'.$GLOBALS['pretext']['id'].'" id="yab-shop-form-'.$GLOBALS['pretext']['id'].'">
	<div class="clear">
		<label for="qty">Amount:</label>
		<input type="text" value="1" name="qty" size="1" />
	 </div>
	<div class="yab-add-select-yabshopkind clear">
		<label for="select-yabshopkind-'.$GLOBALS['pretext']['id'].'">Kind:</label>
		<select name="yabshopkind" id="select-yabshopkind-<txp:article_id />">';

$pieces = explode(“; “, $GLOBALS[‘thisarticle’][‘yab_shop_kind’]); foreach ($pieces as $value) { echo ‘<option value=”’.$value.’”>’.$value.’</option>’; } echo ‘<option value=”“>&nbsp;</option> </select> </div> <input type=“submit” value=“Add to Cart” name=“add” class=“submit” />
</form>’; </txp:php>

Last edited by dl33 (2009-07-19 16:21:33)

#351 2009-07-21 19:38:42

dl33
Website

Is there a way to customise <txp:yab_shop_checkout />?

#352 2009-07-22 08:49:49

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi dl33,

Is there a way to customise <txp:yab_shop_checkout />?

Only by CSS or by modifying the plugin code.

#353 2009-07-26 03:34:16

bio

Hi Trenc,

sorry to come out with such a basic question after 36 pages of discussion, but i didn’t really find an answer to my problem yet. I’d love to try and implement yab_shop on my txp site, which is music related. Usually when you want to sell a track, the customer adds it to his cart and checks out. Let’s say he pays with Paypal, after the transaction is done, the customer is redirected to the website, and the download link is available. As far as i understood Yab isn’t offering this option yet, right?

(i noticed it may have something to do with the IPN – Instant Payment Notification – you want to add)

cheers and thanks :)

#354 2009-07-26 09:38:48

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi bio,

As far as i understood Yab isn’t offering this option yet, right?
(i noticed it may have something to do with the IPN – Instant Payment Notification – you want to add)

yes and no. Yab_Shop is not yet prepared for selling digital (downloadable) goods. It depends not only on the IPN. It depends also on a database driven order management, where a unique order number can be stored.

But I’m on it. I’m on the first steps for the admin interface. I think I can release the next two weeks a version with the a first admin ui for the config and language settings.

#355 2009-07-27 00:21:26

bio

Cool! Looking forward, and many thanks for yab :)

#356 2009-07-29 17:14:00

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

New Version v0.8.0:

• new feature: configuration and language/localisation now stored in database
  • new feature: admin UI for configuration/preferences and language/localisation
  • new feature: support for selectable languages and localisations (depending on Textpattern language)

For an update please read the plugin help.

If anyone willing to help: I could need translations for language the optional language file plugins. I’m not really polyglot. :)

Last edited by trenc (2009-07-29 17:14:53)

#357 2009-08-09 03:26:05

hidalgo
Website

Great work Trenc! The new features are excellent and will make installing updates much easier.

I have a few suggestions I hope you may consider:

• Include each item ID in the order. This can be passed through to PayPal via item_number_x (same setup as you have for item_name_x, amount_x & quantity_x)
  • Currently the phone and message fields on the checkout page are only used with the ‘email’ payment methods:
    • The phone field can be passed to PayPal with night_phone_b
    • The message label and field could be passed through to PayPal via the custom passthrough variable
  • Include a language setting to customize the label that appears above the note field on PayPal (replaces the default “Add special instructions to merchant.”). This can be passed to PayPal with cn. If the message field is passed to PayPal as above this suggestion is probably unnecessary as the note field is no longer needed.
  • The ability to included more article information/tags in the item title e.g. Title (Category1 Category2). This is useful where there are many similar products but in different categories.
  • ‘Use images in checkout form’ doesn’t work where multiple article images are used e.g. 1,2,3. This can be fixed by using only the first article image ID. I adapted some code from Mary’s great upm_image plugin and placed it right before the if (is_numeric($rsi['Image'])) line:
if (strstr($rsi['Image'], ','))
{
	$rsi['Image'] = join('', array_slice(explode(',', $rsi['Image']), 0, 1));
}

Many thanks!

#358 2009-08-09 11:07:40

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Kalon,

many thanks for the hints and suggestions. I will try to respect them in one of the next versions.

This time there are only an internal item id, the txp article id. But I want to implement a management order, where you can set your own item id. So probably this feature will come later.

Last edited by trenc (2009-08-09 11:08:23)

#359 2009-08-09 11:33:32

hidalgo
Website

Hi Trenc,

This time there are only an internal item id, the txp article id.

This is fine and what I was referring to. I’m happy with the internal/article ID as it’s easy to search with and use within TXP.

Thanks again for all your work on this plugin.

#360 2009-08-14 02:00:22

kevinpotts

Trenc — quick question. Does the plugin support donations, or would that have to be handled by a special PayPal donation button? I understand I could create arbitrary “products” at fixed amounts, but my impression is that PayPal donations are a bit different than standard product purchases. Your expertise would be appreciated.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

Board footer