Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#253 2009-03-14 13:56:10

gomedia
Plugin Author

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

trenc, thanks for your reply and for your “to do” list updates.

With regards to my other question about Postcode & City:

the markup for all the input fields is <p><label>FIELD</label><input></p> which is great, but the markup for Postcode & City fields is <p><label>Postcode</label><input><label>Suburb</label><input></p> – it’s making styling very awkward

trenc wrote:

No real reason. I’ve done this, ‘cause it’s something like a standard here in germany (on envelopes), but I did not think about it.

In other parts of the world – e.g. UK, Australia – the convention is to have the Postcode after the city or suburb. I wonder if this could be a configurable option? (and to have individual enclosing <p> tags consistent with the other fields also)

#254 2009-03-16 02:14:33

amoensia

Hi, I would just like to ask if it is possible to add Philippine Peso to the currencies available.

The format is the same with USD just different symbol $ —> Php

Would greatly appreciate this! Thanks!

#255 2009-03-17 18:37:44

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Tiny update v0.6.1:

• enhanced <txp:yab_shop_add_message /> (subtotal, product-count, item-count; see plugin help)
  • support for PHP (Philippine Peso)
  • changed html code in checkout form (all input now wrapped by p with an individual class)
  • added anchor for error messages

Last edited by trenc (2009-03-17 18:38:05)

#256 2009-03-17 19:10:19

kevinpotts

Trenc — I think I speak for everyone when I thank you for your hard work and diligence. It’s smart people like you (and not dumb people like me) that make the world go round. I also speak for everyone when I ask about the administrative ordering interface and moving the options into an extensions tab, because I am currently having to reconfigure all the options everytime you give us one of these beautiful updates. I know I am being annoying about this, but it can’t hurt to ask, right? :) Thanks in advance.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#257 2009-03-17 19:23:01

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

I am currently having to reconfigure all the options everytime you give us one of these beautiful updates. I know I am being annoying about this, but it can’t hurt to ask, right? :)

Right, it doesn’t hurt. :)
But all I can say is, I’m not the fastest but it will come. :)

Btw. you don’t have to reconfigure your options all the time. This update was only relevant to yab_shop_core. You can see this by the version suffixes of the plugin files (no need to replace yab_shop_config).

Sometimes when the config is changed too, it’s better to copy the old config code in an editor, install the config plugin and copy it back line for line to see changes of the config file. YMMV.

But yes, it would be really easier with a database driven config, that’s true.

Last edited by trenc (2009-03-17 19:24:45)

#258 2009-03-18 00:22:45

gomedia
Plugin Author

kevinpotts wrote:

Trenc — I think I speak for everyone when I thank you for your hard work and diligence.

Well said.

I also speak for everyone when I ask about the administrative ordering interface and moving the options into an extensions tab, because I am currently having to reconfigure all the options everytime you give us one of these beautiful updates.

Just as an aside, I’ve been using adi_notes to store a copy of the config, just in case I overwrite it during an upgrade.

#259 2009-03-18 00:53:51

gomedia
Plugin Author

Hi trenc, thanks for the update. Everything works great except:

• enhanced <txp:yab_shop_add_message /> (subtotal, product-count, item-count; see plugin help)

I might have missed something but I’m using:

<p>Subtotal: <txp:yab_shop_add_message output="subtotal" /></p>
<p>Products: <txp:yab_shop_add_message output="products" /></p>
<p>Items: <txp:yab_shop_add_message output="items" /></p>

on every page and after adding one product I get:

Subtotal: 0.00
Products: 0
Items: 0
     Yarns - Product - Softa
           Price: $10.00
           Quantity: 1
Basket subtotal: $10.00

The “Basket subtotal: $10.00” is the output from <txp:yab_shop_cart output="cart" />.

When I try to add another product, it doesn’t get added. And if I go to the checkout, it’s empty! In fact if I go to any other page the cart gets emptied.

If I remove the <txp:yab_shop_add_message output="..." /> tags everything starts working properly again.

Also, there’s a minor typo in the help:

<txp:yab_shop_add_message message="your message here" ouput="ouput" />

#260 2009-03-18 13:01:13

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Argh … crap!

I’m so sorry that sometimes you are more beta-testers than productive users. :(

Bugfix version 0.6.2

#261 2009-03-18 21:28:37

gomedia
Plugin Author

trenc wrote:

I’m so sorry that sometimes you are more beta-testers than productive users. :(

No problem – that’s what we’re here for. And we really appreciate the work you’ve done.

It’s working much better now. Couple of things to note though:

• if <txp:yab_shop_add_message/> is placed on the page before <txp:yab_shop_cart/> then the cart claims that there’re no items
  • if <txp:yab_shop_add_message/> is used on the checkout page then no items are displayed

On reflection think I prefer the behaviour of the <txp:yab_shop_cart/> tag, i.e. when the cart is empty a simple message “No items …” is displayed, but when the cart contains something we get the Subtotal and a link to the Checkout. If it optionally displayed the number of items/products as well it would be ideal (for me anyway). Maybe it could be a container tag – so that users can customise the information and the order?

As it stands:

• using <txp:yab_shop_add_message output="items" /> results in some output regardless, even if there’re no items, so I would have to use some txp:if tags to stop it from displaying zeroes
  • I can’t display the number of items before the subtotal because of the tag order requirement above

Cheers,

Adi

#262 2009-03-20 01:41:15

gomedia
Plugin Author

midmood wrote:

As an example, the “proceed to check out” link ( “vai alla cassa” in italian”): I tried to put the class .yab-to-checkout in my css, as in trenc’s one… but nothing happens.

Putting:

.yab-to-checkout {
color:red;
}

at the end of your css.php file works for me …

#263 2009-03-20 03:42:33

gomedia
Plugin Author

Hi midmood,

Here’s the problem:

a .yab-to-checkout {
background-color:#990000;
}

should be:

a.yab-to-checkout {
}

No space before the dot.

#264 2009-03-20 11:16:42

midmood
Website

gomedia wrote:

Hi midmood,

Here’s the problem:

a .yab-to-checkout {
}

should be:

a.yab-to-checkout {
}

No space before the dot.

Really sorry :) I deleted my previous message cause I realized the code error and I was really emabarassed having bothered you guys :)
Anyway… this is the demonstration you can alwais count on TXP community, even for silly questions…

Board footer