Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#157 2008-08-29 09:13:01

grinstead

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

Many thanks trenc for your reply. I see, logical :)

#158 2008-09-12 16:14:31

georgeM
Website

Hi trenc,

I have just installed and configured yab_shop for the first time, and I must say that it is truly kick-ass! It’s a breeze to style, and all of your coding looks great. I did have a couple of (small) suggestions to make it that much better however:

- Allow products in the checkout page to link back to their original article page (this can also be done in the cart too)
- Give the option to append a custom field (such as product #) to the listing of the product in the cart and checkout

That’s really all I would have liked to see, but otherwise, this is such a great plugin!

Thanks again for your hard work!!

#159 2008-09-20 21:25:32

fuls
Website

Hi,
I’m having a problem with storing products in the shopping cart.
When I click add, the product is inside shopping cart and if I click proceed to checkout or return to any other page the cart is empty.
I have txp 4.0.6 and the latest version of your plugin, I also have MLP installed but I doubt it has anything to do with that.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited by fuls (2008-09-20 21:27:34)

#160 2008-09-21 11:52:09

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

is it possible to output the number of items in the cart? I’m wondering if I can out put a message like “Cart (3 items)” or “you have 5 items in your cart”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#161 2008-09-23 15:56:28

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi there,

I’m working on a new feature: Additional prices for product properties.
Work is almost done. I only have to write some help stuff and some code comments, so I think I can release it these days.

But first some short replies.

georgeM wrote:

I have just installed and configured yab_shop for the first time, and I must say that it is truly kick-ass! It’s a breeze to style, and all of your coding looks great.

Thanks! :)

Allow products in the checkout page to link back to their original article page (this can also be done in the cart too)

This is a feature that I also like to see implemented. I think it could be included in one of the next releases (after the next one).

Give the option to append a custom field (such as product #) to the listing of the product in the cart and checkout.

A unique product id is planned with an admin order interface (order management).

fuls wrote:

When I click add, the product is inside shopping cart and if I click proceed to checkout or return to any other page the cart is empty. I have txp 4.0.6 and the latest version of your plugin, I also have MLP installed but I doubt it has anything to do with that.

This could be possible. The plugin was not tested against MLP and full MLP-compatiblity is not given this time.
But maybe your problem depends on another issue. Try to test it without MLP! If it works, so it won’t work with MLP. If not so maybe you have any wrong entry in the plugin config. And note: Disable in the admin area in textpattern the last-modified header option.

kemie wrote:

is it possible to output the number of items in the cart? I’m wondering if I can out put a message like “Cart (3 items)” or “you have 5 items in your cart”

I could add this this feature with the output attribute of <txp:yab_shop_cart /> in one of the next versions.

#162 2008-09-23 18:29:35

JasonUK
Website

I’ve been playing around with the yab_shop on this demo site – http://www.aspirecreate.com/ShopTest/ and then click products. I’m a webdesigner/wannabe developer, I want to learn more about ecommerce, currently my knowledge is limited. I recently learnt alot about osCommerce but it seems quite difficult/slow to update.
I come back to this thread every once and a while to see the development of the Yab_shop.

#163 2008-09-27 10:25:09

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

As promised here the new version 0.5.0

What’s new?

Hope you like it …

#164 2008-09-27 15:53:30

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

thank you trenc! and may i just say, I love the humor you put into your demo shop :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#165 2008-09-27 20:19:04

whaleen
Website

Thanks!

txtstrap (Textpattern + Twitter Bootstrap + etc…)

#166 2008-09-30 14:31:15

freischwimmen
Website

awesome plugin all in all, must have taken a fair share of time – THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!

i just started playing around with version 0.5.0, really easy to setup so far, great!
the only problem i have is that the property prices dont change on the site when i select a different property from the variant pulldown menu (with different price).
To take the example from the demo shop page, my problem would be that the outputted price does not change when i switch between “wooden” or “stone”. I added the header call and everything i think, this is what i have (stripped down):

<head>
<txp:yab_shop_property_prices price_id="pricevariants" />
</head>
<body>
<span id="pricevariants"><txp:yab_shop_custom_field name="price" /></span>
<txp:yab_shop_add />
<br />
<txp:yab_shop_add_message message="Product added to cart." /> 
</body>

anyone who cares to help? much appreciated!

#167 2008-09-30 14:43:58

freischwimmen
Website

ah i forgot

First go in yab_shop_config and change the use_property_prices to ‘1’.
>> Did that!

The first property price should be the same as the base price.
>> Ok, it`s like that.

The property prices i gave show up in he pulldown, its just that the outputted price above always stays the base price i gave to the product, no matter which property (=price) is selected.

Should be more clear now i guess. Thx!

#168 2008-09-30 15:24:37

LeonNet
Plugin Author
Website

First, thx to trenc for the great plugin!

I’got one question, it is possible to add a fieldset for “function yab_shop_checkout_qty_edit” at line1233 ?

Board footer