Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#145 2008-07-22 09:42:28

AndrijaM
Website

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

Hi,
I was wandering if it is possible to implement this plugin but without paypal? At the end, when visitor choose all the product that he wants, on submit order, an email shoul be sent to site owner, with the visitor data like name, address, phone etc.
Thanks!

#146 2008-07-23 09:58:01

rink

great plugin, exactly what i’m looking for.

i’m new in paypal, knows someone what kind of api i need to use this plugin, the api certificate or the api signature?

bye,
reg

#147 2008-07-23 10:58:22

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Sorry for the delay,

grinstead wrote:

Just a quick question, I don’t seem to be getting email notification on orders. Is this done on completion of Paypal payment or once the checkout redirects to Paypal? Either way both don’t work, my host does allow php mail function!

Hi grinstead,
In case of paypal or google checkout payments there will no mails be sended by the shop plugin. This has the following reason: The transaction/purchase process is not complete on the paypal/google site. It can always be cancelled during the process on their site. So if the plugin would send an affirmation on a successfull order but the customer has cancelled the paypal/google checkout process this would cause confusion and maybe trouble you don’t really want. :)

Normally paypal or google have to send a message to the shop owner and the customer. But I’m not sure wheather is possible by paypal or google. I don’t use it.

AndrijaM wrote

I was wandering if it is possible to implement this plugin but without paypal? At the end, when visitor choose all the product that he wants, on submit order, an email shoul be sent to site owner, with the visitor data like name, address, phone etc.

Hi AndrijaM,
you can choose to use payal, google or not. Simple disable it in the config of the plugin. An email to the site owner can be sent too, see plugin help and plugin config.

rink wrote

i’m new in paypal, knows someone what kind of api i need to use this plugin, the api certificate or the api signature?

Hi rink,
you don’t need access to the paypal api. All what you need is described here Encrypting Buttons Dynamically with Encrypted Website Payments, here and in the plugin help.

Last edited by trenc (2008-07-23 11:00:16)

#148 2008-07-23 11:47:08

rink

thanks for your quick answer.

bye,
reg

#149 2008-07-31 01:37:39

fowler

i’m skimmed through all of this..

seems like the only payment methods are paypal and google check out? is it possible to do credit card transactions without using these services?

#150 2008-07-31 08:04:47

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi fowler,

sorry but credit card payments are not implemented this time, ‘cause the methods are too different for the countries and the the providers.

#151 2008-07-31 08:42:59

rink

Hi again,

after installing and using this plugin, I’m still enthusiastic about it.
But now, I have some proposals for further development:

- I was not very easy to style the forms. In my case, I wanted the order form like this:
ZIP Code / City [______] / [_________]
I could not add this additional slash between both input fields. More liberties for adding addtional css / tags / “words” would be great

- I had another problem with the option fields for my items. For example the German word for size has umlauts, but I can not use umlauts in my css (in this case: .yab-add-select-XXX). Of course, I can write “oe” and “ss” , but in this case the label for this option has also the “oe” and “ss”. I changed it in the php-code, but that it is not very comfortable if I will change the option in the future.

- I think it would be better to have the possibility to change or delete item in the cart. Otherwise, I have to go to the checkout also if there is a mistake (“ooops, I only want 2 instead of 3 items…”). The customer do not know, that he can change it in the checkout and maybe he do not want to click on the checkout button.

- finally I have a problem when I checkout with paypal. Everything works, but while I have to wait for the redirect to paypal, I get this error message:

Tag error: <txp:yab_shop_checkout/> -> Warning: tempnam() [function.tempnam]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s):

When I check the diagnostics, there is no error for my tmp directory, but the following functions do not run on the server:
“The following PHP functions (which may be necessary to run Textpattern) are disabled on your server: show_source, phpinfo, shell, symlink”
Maybe this is the reason for my problem?

Nevertheless, thanks so much for this plugin!

#152 2008-07-31 19:46:18

fowler

understood, thank you

#153 2008-08-12 14:53:14

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

I’ve released a new updated version v0.4.3:

• paypal encryption now uses temp directory from txp advanced preferences
  • html class and id names are now css compliant (ascii)

#154 2008-08-12 15:31:37

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi rink,

- I was not very easy to style the forms. In my case, I wanted the order form like this:
ZIP Code / City [______] / [_________]
I could not add this additional slash between both input fields. More liberties for adding addtional css / tags / “words” would be great

For a complete selfstyling checkout form I have to rewrite the checkout form etc. But I can’t do this today. Maybe you can style the complete form in a further release, will see.

- I had another problem with the option fields for my items. For example the German word for size has umlauts, but I can not use umlauts in my css (in this case: .yab-add-select-XXX). Of course, I can write “oe” and “ss” , but in this case the label for this option has also the “oe” and “ss”. I changed it in the php-code, but that it is not very comfortable if I will change the option in the future.

Yes, you right. Little bug I’m not thought of it. It touches all non-ascii text.
Try out the new version (v0.4.3)!

- I think it would be better to have the possibility to change or delete item in the cart. Otherwise, I have to go to the checkout also if there is a mistake (“ooops, I only want 2 instead of 3 items…”). The customer do not know, that he can change it in the checkout and maybe he do not want to click on the checkout button.

I can implement this, but in a later version.

finally I have a problem when I checkout with paypal. Everything works, but while I have to wait for the redirect to paypal, I get this error message:
Tag error: <txp:yab_shop_checkout/> -> Warning: tempnam() [function.tempnam]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s):
When I check the diagnostics, there is no error for my tmp directory, but the following functions do not run on the server:
“The following PHP functions (which may be necessary to run Textpattern) are disabled on your server: show_source, phpinfo, shell, symlink”
Maybe this is the reason for my problem?

Yes, open_basedir is a security issue which can be enabled by web hosting companies. If enabled you have only access to directories which are in the open_basedir directive. Unfortunately your /temp directory is not in this directive and tempnam() want to create a tempfile in this directory.

You have some options:

1. Change your hoster (I prefer this option)
  2. ask you hoster to include /tmp in open_basedir directive
  3. grab the new version (v0.4.3) and change in admin->preferences->advanced preferences your temp directory to directory, which is not affected by open_basedir (it’s not really receommended if only DOCUMENT_ROOT is in open_basedir, ‘cause of security, but it should work)
  4. use the non-encypted paypal version (not recommended, ‘cause of possibilities of fraud)
  5. don’t use paypal as payment method at all

Hope this will help you.

trenc

#155 2008-08-14 20:53:47

hkdivine
Website

Hi, thank you so much for this great plugin!

I would like to ask for the addition of the BRL (Brazilian Real) currency.

EXAMPLE: How “one thousand brazilian reais and zero cents” should look like:

R$ 1.000,00

I thank you in advance!

#156 2008-08-15 12:44:44

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

hkdivine wrote:

I would like to ask for the addition of the BRL (Brazilian Real) currency.

Your wish is my command!

Try out the minor update release v.0.4.4, now with support for brazilian real.

Board footer