Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2008-06-30 10:50:47

uli

Re: aro_myadmin

Zanza, could you please kindly post your mod at Steves thread?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#62 2008-06-30 11:22:20

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

uli wrote:

Zanza, could you please kindly post your mod at Steves thread?

Done. Using rvm_modified I also discovered another mod that I forgot I made… :)

Z-

#63 2008-06-30 14:00:09

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I guess the problem is the admin uses tables for layout – if it were semantic XHTML then I would be able to apply the admin facelift with CSS only. So if aro_myadmin runs before other plugins, and since it changes the HTML, the other plugins lose the hooks they need to implement themselves. If it runs after other plugins, since it re-generates part of the page structure (top / bottom nav, etc), than it will over-write where those plugins have been inserted. In other words, it would be difficult for me to make aro_myadmin work with every other plugin out there. I think the best I could recommend is hacking other plugins – just changing the hooks based on the HTML created by myadmin – on a case-by-case basis. Unless someone could recommend another way to achieve a different layout without affecting HTML or JS used by other plugins?

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

#64 2008-07-01 20:22:07

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks Aeron for your thoughts.

I think you’re right about hooks and that sort of js trickery, but still I cant’ find the problem (I’ve also posted on bas_img_sel thread). bas_img_sel doesn’t like something in your navigation block rewriting. Maybe it’s the div id=“body”, but I’m not sure. If I change it, your plugin stops working (and the select shows again). Actually there are too much body instances in the code to understand what and where needs to be changed.

bas_img_sel uses json format to load the data for building the select with the images, and that’s behind me to fully understand. The funny thing is that the only thing that seems not working is that select. It’ a pity: both plugins are masterpieces.

Maybe in the future you or someone else would be able to address this.

In the meantime, I can’t recommend anything, but is the id=body value mandatory or you could substitute it with a value that doesn’t have any meaning in the html vocabulary? Mind that I’m just speculating, here…

#65 2008-07-01 20:30:13

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Zanza wrote:

In the meantime, I can’t recommend anything, but is the id=body value mandatory or you could substitute it with a value that doesn’t have any meaning in the html vocabulary? Mind that I’m just speculating, here…

Sure, I think someone else commented earlier in this thread – change the ID to whatever you want in the plugin and the adjust the stylesheet accordingly.

#66 2008-07-01 21:50:44

duchamp
Website

grinstead wrote:

Cheers. I simply added a handler to the htaccess file. The server is running both 4 & 5, so txp is now running on 5. Thanks again.

Oh! Surprise Surprise! I finished a website, logged out and what? … no login! … just a blank empty page ummmmh … what happened here? I disable aro_myadmin from PHP MyAdmin and everything works good … ok but I have exactly the same website also running in my local server with aro_myadmin enabled and works great!
Whats the difference between sites?
PHP 5.2.5 in my Local Server and PHP 4.4.2 in the other server!

What’s the problem and what can I do?

grinstead, is this the same problem as yours?

What do you add to the access file?

Thx in advance!

Last edited by duchamp (2008-07-02 22:32:36)

#67 2008-07-01 22:37:03

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

rloaderro wrote:

Zanza wrote:

Sure, I think someone else commented earlier in this thread – change the ID to whatever you want in the plugin and the adjust the stylesheet accordingly.

Unfortunately this isn’t working, as I previously mentioned: if I change the ID, then aro_myadmin stops working! :(

But I found a solution: using bas_img_selector 0.71-p2 does the trick! It works fine with your plugin. So the problem is exactly in the way v.0.8 of bas_img_sel rewritten the data handling with json. Before that, with 0.7x versions, the html was built with more “traditional” methods, that is ok.

Bye

Last edited by Zanza (2008-07-01 22:37:43)

#68 2008-07-03 08:54:08

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Aeron, I need to correct myself. Actually, changing id="body" to id="body1" both in plugin code and in css selector is working (maybe I have previously missed something, it was late night…).

This doesn’t fix bas_img_sel. But one can use bas_img_selector v.0.71, that is working with your plugin and that doesn’t use json: so there is the problem, I suppose.

Anyway, I suggest that in the next version you change id="body" to something else, because, from xhtml point of view, id must be unique in a page, and id="body" is already taken by the first textarea in write tab.

This may rise issues with other plugins. I.e., it makes autogrowing from Gocom not working in the main textarea. The problem is solved changing body to body1 both in plugin code and in css, as I said. But maybe you want to consider this for future versions.

Thanks again, bye.

#69 2008-07-13 00:15:27

duchamp
Website

Any solution or hack to use this fantastic Plugin with PHP 4.4.2?

Thx

#70 2008-07-13 15:46:04

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

hi Alex,

AFAIK the problem was resolved here.

#71 2008-07-13 17:33:23

duchamp
Website

rloaderro wrote:

hi Alex,
AFAIK the problem was resolved here.

Thank you Aeron,
the problem is that I’m not so sure if what I’m going to replace is right…

Changed this line (inside the plugin):

$replace = str_ireplace('textpattern', $sitename, gTxt('login_to_textpattern'));

with this one:

$replace = str_replace(strtolower($search), $replace, strtolower($subject));

is that ok?

#72 2008-07-14 13:16:20

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

duchamp wrote:

the problem is that I’m not so sure if what I’m going to replace is right…

hi Alex,

Basically wherever you see str_ireplace, you’ll want to wrap the first and last params with strtolower. Something like:

str_ireplace(what_to_replace, replacement_string, what_to_search);

Will become:

str_replace(strtolower(what_to_replace), replacement_string, strtolower(what_to_search));

Board footer