Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2012-04-12 16:34:17

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Standardized Plugin Help

philwareham wrote:

Right, I’ve thrown the starts of a UI page together. Mainly for my own benefit with my own admin theme work, but I’ve also rendered the classic (remora extended) theme in it just to see how unusable the current Textpattern UI is:
My theme

Nice!

One thing though: you’re using multiple H1 on that page. Makes sense, given the font-size used.
But… in the plugin help guidelines, you’re using one H1 and then use H2 for the various sections (fine, that’s what I do myself as well), but the fontsize of the H2 in your theme is a bit small. Can you make it bigger: as big as your current H1 (which would then have to be a bit larger as well).

Urgh. I could beat the classic UI into slightly better shape with a little work, which would go some way to address some of the limitations mentioned previous in this thread (even though I don’t really want to as it’s a bit of a mess quite frankly). Since most admin themes use that as a base starting point I think it would not break backwards compat in any great way.

Please do. The core theme is the reason I do inline styling. This is the style I use for the ZCR plugin help:

li code {font-weight: bold;}
   pre {padding: 0.5em 1em; background: #eee; border: 1px dashed #ccc;}
   h1, h2, h3, h3 code {font-family: sans-serif; font-weight: bold;}
   h1, h2, h3 {margin-left: -1em;}
   h2, h3 {margin-top: 2em;}
   h1 {font-size: 3em;}
   h2 {font-size: 2em;}
   h3 {font-size: 1.5em;}
   li a code {font-weight: normal;}
   .required, .warning {color:red;}

#62 2012-04-12 16:50:13

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Standardized Plugin Help

ruud wrote:

fontsize of the H2 in your theme is a bit small. Can you make it bigger: as big as your current H1 (which would then have to be a bit larger as well).

I can’t up the size of the h2 tags any more than it is now – that would make the instances of it used throughout the admin area way too big (for example on the categories page. The multiple uses of h1 in my UI page are a special case – since I’m throwing all UI elements into there I need to easily distinguish between the different sections. I don’t envisage real pages in the CMS actually looking that busy obviously.

I’ll be adding some more stuff such as coloured text labels soon.

Board footer