Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2007-12-17 21:03:36

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] cnk_section_tree - subsection plugin

Oh, I’ve not realized that this plugin exists. But it looks like it is not supported by the author anymore…

I had a quick look at it’s code and saw, that especially the tree rebuilding algorithm is not very well implemented. (But that’s just a performance issue, which also exists in the txp core for categories)

Hmm… So what is different?

• cnk_section_tree integrates nicely into txp’s section and write view as you can see on the second screenshot
  • it can list article links for the active section within the tree
  • it will rewrite urls in a later version (I already contacted gbp_permanent_links’ author for collaboration)

The question is: What do you think how this plugin should work or what features are missing?

#14 2007-12-17 23:49:48

redbot
Plugin Author

Hmm… So what is different?

well, I haven’t had the opportunity to try it yet, but cnk_section_tree seems to be a step ahead of mtp_subsections (which I remember I used in a project a long time ago).
More specifically a great enhancement is due to the subsection tree view in the “write” tab (when mtp_subsections showed only a simple plain section list).
Obviously if it could rewrite urls it would be fantastic…
so, chriloi, thanks for your work, it loooks really promising

#15 2007-12-19 09:39:23

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

oh wow..i just realized the way your plugin outputs your unordered list (nested unordered lists within a list item of the parent section) would coincide perfectly with most standard dropdown menu css techniques.

i haven’t tried to implement it yet but thank you nonetheless!

#16 2008-02-19 14:27:31

draganbabic
Website

Is there a way to “tell” the plugin which parent sections to list? I have a whole bunch of sections and I don’t want to include the entire thing on every page. Thanks.

#17 2008-02-28 17:48:07

mrdale
Website

I’d very much like to use this plugin, but at present (4.06 + glz_custom_fields + sed_section_fields) the write page turns up blank.

Any ideas?

#18 2008-03-01 22:09:29

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

@draganbabic:

I will include an exclusion list in the next version.

@mrdale:

I see that sed_section_fields cannot render in the presentation->section tab, when my plugin is enabled. But that has to be fixed in sed_sections_fields.

Furthermore sed_section_fields isn’t working on my linux firefox system due to a javascript error, even with all other plugins disabled, so I’m not able to test them both working together.

At last, I have no copy of glz_custom_fields and I’m not willed to pay any money for a plugin. In fact I can’t really believe, that “Gerhard Lazu” provides no free copy of his 1.5k lines plugin…

#19 2008-05-19 17:06:07

antipattern
Website

This is essentially just what I need and is very much appreciated, if only it would it was possible to put the sections in order.

I think my prefered approach would be something like Drupal’s floats. (If I remember it correctly)
1.) It is possible to assign a value (eg. 1-100) to each section in the “section”-section of the administration menu (a simple textbox for or a dropdown menu underneath the “parent” menu of cnk_section_tree)
2.) This value is stored in a seperate table in the database
3.) The Plugin orders the list according to these values, lowest value gets top position.

This would also eliminate Textpattern’s lack of a propper order system for the sections menu. Unfortunately my knowledge in plug-in development is limited, or to be honest, non-existent. Thus, it would be great if you could implement it.

Otherwise, a mechanism like textpattern, using the name of the section (not its title) would be great, too.

But thank you very much for your current efforts and keep up the good work!

Ps. can you estimate the release date (month) of the next version?

Thanks.

Last edited by antipattern (2008-05-19 17:32:21)

#20 2008-05-25 15:59:02

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

I’ll have a look at your requirements and probably will release a new (sexy ajax) version within the next 2 weeks.

#21 2008-05-26 00:47:57

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

Ok, added some new tags. Please have a look at my first post in this topic. (Ajax sorting is already in development, but I have to sort out some bugs…)

#22 2008-05-26 11:36:23

uli

Good to hear, that development goes on on this valuable plugin. Thanks a lot, Christian!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#23 2008-05-26 15:52:18

chriloi
Plugin Author
Website

Next version online. Now you can show article counts and exclude sections without articles.

#24 2008-05-26 16:25:28

uli

Have you linked the correct file, Christian? (File contents, link text and announcement text differ in versions)

Edit: Self-service possible. Thanks!

Last edited by uli (2008-05-26 16:28:16)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer