Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2009-08-19 09:40:32

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_pullquote: Magazine-style quotes from article text

candyman wrote:

I have in mind a TXPQ-like version of quotes (they use custom fields)

Sorry, I don’t get it. txpq uses this styling inline in article bodies to pull the quotes out: <span class="pulleft">...</span>

It does have one custom field dedicated to the byline at the top (under the logo) but that’s a special case so is handled with <txp:if_custom_field/>.

Next step is the use of a colorpicker to choose the coordinated colour of the code.

Eh? The pullquote that is generated by the plugin is styled by normal CSS rules. It generates a ‘q’ tag with a class of pQuote. Style/position to taste.

where can I find the updated version?

It’s not released yet.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#14 2010-08-24 06:25:39

tye
Website

nm… could this be used for multiple article images?

I was thinking of someway of inserting multiple article images throughout the article – similar to some BBC stories

ignore the video – if you scroll down there are 2 images on the right hand side of the text

Last edited by tye (2010-08-24 06:28:56)

#15 2010-08-24 08:43:26

tye
Website

I think this might work…. I’ll experiment some more tomorrow, but it wraps the images – I just got to figure the rest of the plugin out :)

#16 2010-08-24 08:54:48

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

tye wrote:

could this be used for multiple article images?

I think it should work. Anything you wrap in your designated class will be grabbed from the article and put in its own wraptag (by default it’s <q>). You can then tell it to remove the original “quote” (image) from the body of the text.

I haven’t time today to try it out (and I can’t find my latest version with support for smd_pagicle and without all the stupid jQuery attributes in it, humbug… must be at home somewhere) but if you get it working please post your method here, thanks.

Last edited by Bloke (2010-08-24 08:55:16)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#17 2017-04-06 15:20:02

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

I’m trying this and I got it working with 1 quote/article. When I put more than one quote in the same article (even if I use different search_classes) an try to put them ‘before’ different ids in the article, they all get showed together, before the last id location.

Maybe there’s something I don’t get, for two or more quotes per article? I’m still on 4.5.7. Any hint or example will help!

Board footer