Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#673 2010-01-31 12:11:36

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: glz_custom_fields

aslsw66 wrote:

I do have a fundamental issue with using the article date for a different purpose (ie. the date of an event relates to the content, not the article itself).

Are you using smd_calendar? That overcomes the issue by allowing you to specify a custom field (or two) to hold the date of the event, leaving the article’s timestamp alone. When I get round to fixing smd_calendar to allow distinct times as well as dates, this will become even better.

Also it helps with “how can I use article_custom to get a list of articles with the custom field match today’s date?” by employing smd_article_event which is very much like article_custom but can filter using your custom fields, among other things.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#674 2010-01-31 13:23:16

aslsw66
Website

Are you allowed to “plug” your own plugin in another author’s support thread?!

OK, you’ve got me – I will have a play with the calendar. I take it this means I can use glz_custom_fields to populate the fields, and smd_calendar to use them at the front-end.

I do need to insert times for events, but don’t really need to sort on times – it would be nice for presentation purposes, but we don’t often get more than one event on a day.

Watch out for my questions over on the smd_calendar thread…

#675 2010-02-18 07:42:46

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

speeke wrote:

For some reason, the plugin doesn’t like a custom field name that includes the word “range”.

Range is a trigger keyword for the plugin. If for example you have the following setup:

Price range $
1-10
11-20
21+

The plugin notices the range word and will automatically format the values as follows

$1-$10
$11-$20
$21+

Check the plugin help for more info on the ranges subject.

speeke wrote:

On a separate matter, I’ve changed the type preference for all glz_custom_f events in the txp_prefs table from 10 to 2 (as per Stef’s suggestion), and all appears to working well.

Thanks for confirming this, I have now changed the default behaviour, all plugin preferences will be updated to be of type 2 when you install the next version of the plugin.

#676 2010-02-18 07:49:42

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

aslsw66 wrote:

Are you allowed to “plug” your own plugin in another author’s support thread?!

I am very glad Stef is chipping in on this thread, he can plug as many plugins as he wants here, I honestly don’t mind : ).

On the date & time custom fields note, I must agree that they have been quick implementations without much thought for stuff such as sorting or filtering. I have created a new issue on github, I will try to implement proper support for timestamps in the next version.

#677 2010-02-18 09:49:14

aslsw66
Website

Thanks for looking at this. I really like the implementation of the date and time pickers, but because I need the ability to extract and sort on the basis of dates I’m still having to use the article date as well.

Clearly, the best solution would be to store a date field as a date (because then smd_query can be used for those really tricky situations) but I guess that means the plugin would need to change the database structure.

#678 2010-03-20 10:56:31

vk
Website

gerhard : Just sent you the donation... how to download the plugin ? Thanks! (sent from My paypal email : vikingkarwuryahoo.com)

Viking KARWUR
Textpattern Enthusiast & I run MadebyVK A small web design and web development studio based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
I’m @vikingkarwur and @MadebyVK on Twitter

#679 2010-03-20 11:36:55

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Viking, I’ve just e-mail you all the details : ). Welcome to the club!

ps: I have also added you to the Google Group, you can find all versions of glz_custom _fields there.

#680 2010-03-21 04:19:16

kevinpotts

Now getting this error in my Write tab:

Notice: Undefined variable: custom_11_set in /path/to/mysite.com/textpattern/include/txp_article.php on line 478

Any clues on what is going on? I have been messing with the fields quite a bit, but this startin appearing out of nowhere. And one of my text_input custom fields just is not rendering info at all in an article form.

Now also getting this at the top of the admin page:

Warning: Unknown column 'custom_11' in 'field list' update textpattern set

Last edited by kevinpotts (2010-03-21 04:22:35)

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#681 2010-03-21 10:38:24

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

Hey Kevin, I am pretty sure Non-sequential custom fields will answer your question : ).

#682 2010-03-21 10:43:54

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

gerhard wrote:

I am pretty sure Non-sequential custom fields will answer your question : ).

What needs changing in the core to support non-sequential CFs? Is it a trivial alteration or is it something that needs deeper thought? Or is it something glz_cf can work around with a bit of extra error checking?

Anything I can do to make the ride easier?

Last edited by Bloke (2010-03-21 10:46:21)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#683 2010-03-21 12:55:25

kevinpotts

gerhard — Thanks. So I guess I have to perform open heart surgery on MySQL with my wrecking crane skills.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#684 2010-03-21 15:35:09

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

kevinpotts wrote:

gerhard — Thanks. So I guess I have to perform open heart surgery on MySQL with my wrecking crane skills.

Nope, you just need to create a new custom field. The plugin will figure which is the next custom field that needs creating.

Board footer