Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#985 2011-04-07 21:30:48

frickinmuck

Re: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

Running into a problem with the multi form element of this plugin. I test it and it works fine, but I notice that email addresses that have a dot in them (i.e. firstname.lastname@emailaddress.com) do not work. Do I need to escape that first dot, or what can I do to get this working? Any ideas?

The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else.

#986 2011-04-08 08:45:35

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

There should be no relation between using multiple forms and the email address used. ZCR uses TXP’s built-in is_valid_email function to check if the email address is valid. Do you get an error message?

#987 2011-04-08 18:07:24

frickinmuck

I don’t get any error message, but no one with a . in their email address receives their message. And I should maybe make it clearer – I’m not talking about using multiple forms, I’m talking about the version of the contact form that uses multiple addresses with a menu to select the recipient.

The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else.

#988 2011-04-08 19:13:36

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

What happens if you use a standard ZCR contact form where you set a recipient address that contains a dot in the username part of the address?

#989 2011-04-08 19:30:22

frickinmuck

Never mind – I just created a test email address with a dot in it, added it to the select form and it worked just fine. The issue is that all the people who have dots in their email addresses are not getting the inquiries from that form, while those without dots are. But obviously it’s not the dot, since I can get it working with an email address that has a dot in it.

This is clearly something on the client side, or on the email server or something, not a problem with the form itself.

#990 2011-04-09 11:36:47

masa

aslsw66 wrote:

I think you’ll find there is an attribute called subject_form which will allow you to create a customised subject line for the email. The help documentation even includes an example of a subject line derived from a select menu.

Perfect, thanks!

#991 2011-04-24 19:50:40

Karsten
Website

Hey guys,

I found after installing IE9 today, that in IE9 ALL layout as specified in the CSS had gone. I just got an outline with randomly placed input fields and labels. Very nice. The form was simply posted as txp:zem_contact_text tags in an article body with all basic settings.

I found that when I changed the default “Use Textile” setting to “Leave Text untouched” the form did suddenly show correctly, albeit with messed up layout as of course textile didn’t do its job. So I went about adding some basic HTML tags such as <h2> </h2> and <br /> in order to get things in order.

Than, I found on another page I use, that the form placed there worked perfectly… how peculiar… I copy pasted the form to a new article to see if I had done something differently there… but after posting, again all layout had vanished in IE9….

After a while I found that the reason the form had initially worked was because above the form I had placed an image using basic textile: . However, as I wanted to center the image and couldn’t be bothered to find the correct way to do it I had added a <center> </center> html tag around the image only. The presence of both the opening and closing center tag however subsequently caused the form to display properly in IE9.

So, if I post a contact form now it looks messed up, but when the form is preceded by a basic html tag like <center> image </center> and than the form tags… than everything works perfectly….

Does anyone has any idea what is going on? Is it it just me being a newby with textpattern/zem_contact, or did MS mess things up again with IE as usual…?

> cool note with regards to the latter… IE9 does now apparently support CSS3 rounded corner tags which I used… however, my form also has a border in another color… this however is too complex for IE9 so the main fill displays a rounded corner, but the border around it follows the contours of a rectangle… very strange…

the page I’m playing around with is posted at http://www.scriptieprint.nl/test/contact/ it will be online for a short while…

#992 2011-04-24 20:31:43

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

^^ Carsten, this is probably not related to ZCR, but more a generic CSS problem. You may want to start a fresh topic to get support for this. Before doing so, make sure your CSS validates

Last edited by ruud (2011-04-24 20:33:34)

#993 2011-04-24 21:17:27

Karsten
Website

Not sure that I agree. How can it be a CSS problem… if I post a regular article with just ZRC tags to make a form, none of the CSS gets implemented. If I change the settings for the same article to “Leave Text untouched” the CSS it does… even when in textile mode, the CSS gets implemented as long as the ZRC tags are preceded by some html tags such as a <center></center>…

The CSS elements that do not validate are mostly double codes used to get IE along, one for all browsers (transparent background colour), and one for IE <9 (non-transparent background colour)… technically double, but otherwise things don’t work… but more importantly, none of these have anything to do with the ZRC CSS.

All other elements on the site work fine by the way, it’s just the ZRC that’s messed up suddenly.

Any help is much appreciated

#994 2011-04-24 21:59:07

Karsten
Website

Well, although not really understanding why things were getting messed up in IE9, I did find a solution. I used the .zemContactForm fieldset class to define a nice background for the form, nice colour, rounded corners, border, that sort of stuff.

I now completely stripped the .zemContactForm fieldset class to only include border: none; width: 520px; all the rest I just moved to a new div which I named #zemdiv. Now by just putting all the ZRC tags within this div the resulting form displays nicely as it should, and as it did in IE pre-9.

#995 2011-05-02 12:30:01

kevinpotts

Has anyone pulled in a category list as the value attribute to zem_contact_select? The tag parser keeps erroring out. Something like this:

<txp:zem_contact_select name="Categories" break="" list='<txp:category_list parent="whatever">,<txp:category title="1" /></txp:category_list>

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#996 2011-05-02 12:49:49

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

It looks like you’re missing the end quote for the list attribute, and the end /> of the zem_contact_select tag:

<txp:zem_contact_select
	name="Categories"
	break=""
	list='<txp:category_list parent="whatever">,<txp:category title="1" /></txp:category_list>'
/>

Board footer