Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2008-03-13 03:39:09

lajackie

Re: aam_typogrify - Typogrify: Widon't + CSS hooks for better typography

i’m sure this isn’t really something that has to do with you guys, but i keep getting this error and i don’t know how to fix it :( I’m using the “palpable” template…

Tag error: <txp:aam_typogrify> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 983

#26 2008-03-13 04:01:30

rsilletti

I get errors like that when the plugin that the tag I’m working on is in is not enabled

Last edited by rsilletti (2008-03-13 04:02:05)

#27 2008-03-13 15:44:20

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

@lajackie: What Rick said. Check to make sure the plugin is both installed and enabled. You can find some documentation on installing and activating plugins here (under the heading “Using the Plugin”).

#28 2008-05-21 03:08:27

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

A bug has been found in aam_typogrify’s widont feature. Details and a work-around have been added to the first post in this thread.

Meanwhile, keep your eyes peeled for a new release coming soon. Along with a permanent fix for the bug, the new version will feature a simplified single-tag syntax. Instead of nesting tags to pick which Typogrify filters you want, you’ll use attributes on one <txp:aam_typogrify /> tag. The old tags will still work, too. No need to edit all your templates. :-)

#29 2008-07-18 23:03:58

encry

Logoleptic,

As I understand, I must create by myself the CSS classes?
I’m not writing my articles in english, so the quotes I use in my language are and . How can I edit the source code in order to typography with the needed quotes? Iâve tried, but I can see changes only with english quotes.

A question that is more related to “hunging punctuation”. As I know, not only the quotes need to be hunged up, but also the brackets. You can see here the article of the most famous russian designer Artemy Lebedev about hanging punctuation. As you can notice, they are using hanging punctuation on all site pages. What about adding the brackets in your plugin?

Best regards.

Last edited by encry (2008-07-18 23:07:43)

#30 2010-07-17 06:36:23

ferenczi

Thank you for your great work. I love this plugin.

I also love typography. There’s one thing that I think could make this plugin even better. And that would be the ability to wrap certain strings (specifically strings of three or more letters that are capitalized) in an <abbr> tag that could then be styled in css. Some people would prefer to style such strings as small caps rather than leave them at cap-height. The effect is not quite so jarring and the text flows better thus.

My lack of programming knowledge is embarrassing (I’m a designer, not a programmer), but it seems like one should be able to add a utility function like so

/** aam_typogrify_abbreviate
* my desperate, amateurish attempt to find strings of all-caps and wrap them in "abbr"
*/
function aam_typogrify_abbreviate( $text ) {
$search = '/\b([A-Z][A-Z0-9]{2,})\b/';
$replace = '<abbr>$1</abbr>';
$text = preg_replace($search,$replace,$text);
return $text;
}

and then lump it into aam_typogrify down below like so

$text = aam_typogrify_abbreviate( $text );

and I feel like that should work, but of course it doesn’t.

Could anyone please tell me why this doesn’t work — or point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

#31 2018-02-26 15:15:48

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

Board footer