Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2005-04-06 04:29:13

alicson
Website

Re: rsx_frontend_edit: Frontend Edit Link

goodness. thank you for that.. i’m not sure how i thoroughly missed that. i apologize for the confusion.. thanks for letting me know

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#38 2005-04-06 12:01:57

ramanan
Plugin Author
Website

Oh i sees. Yes, as swf said, it’s all their now. I will try and make an admin tab for turning the links on or off, but please don’t wait with baited breath. I find I’m much slower and doing much of anything for textpattern now.

#39 2005-04-06 23:05:26

Baseline_Benny
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> alicson wrote:

> oh sorry.. i meant (and that is great news about using txp tags between the link tags..) basically that it would be nice to be able to have text that shows only when the cookies are activated.. such as the edit-link… except you might want some of it to be non-link… as it is right now, it seems everything between the tags becomes part o the link, yes?

Alicson, I use this code:
<code>
<h2><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink><txp:rsx_frontend_edit_link>*</txp:rsx_frontend_edit_link></h2>
</code>

on the article form.

This gives the world the heading, and I get a small <strong>*</strong> to click to edit the article.

If find that this doesn’t adversly destroy the look of the page for me.

Life is what you make it… if nothing changes, nothing changes.
Web hosting http://dynamicwebhosting.com.au/
Web dev & marketing http://wallishamilton.com/

#40 2005-04-06 23:18:05

swf
Plugin Author
Website

This is what i use and I get something that looks like this edit entry

<txp:rsx_frontend_edit_link prefix="[" suffix="]">edit entry</txp:rsx_frontend_edit_link>

Last edited by swf (2005-04-06 23:19:07)

#41 2005-04-07 00:46:28

Baseline_Benny
Archived Plugin Author
Website

:-) seeing as we’re posting code samples….

On an internal site I work with, we use the following code:

<code>
<p><txp:permlink>Peramalink</txp:permlink> <txp:comments_invite /> <txp:rsx_frontend_edit_link>Edit this post</txp:rsx_frontend_edit_link></p>
</code>

Which produces:
Peramalink Comment Edit this post

Not highly original, but it fits with the site look.
Those that don’t have “edit” rights don’t get the link, it doesn’t leave a hole in the page.

Life is what you make it… if nothing changes, nothing changes.
Web hosting http://dynamicwebhosting.com.au/
Web dev & marketing http://wallishamilton.com/

#42 2005-04-29 06:41:57

mikkeX
Archived Plugin Author

Something seems to have changed in the handling – your plugin now produces an error on installing in the latest version of Textpattern.
It seems to have to do with the function doSlash in txp_misc

#43 2005-04-29 22:15:57

ramanan
Plugin Author
Website

I’ll check it out when I get a chance. There is probably some new function that does what doSlash does currently.

#44 2005-05-14 21:26:36

Engelbert
Website

I’ve got a strange error after installing rsx_frontend_edit:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Bertl\Eigene Dateien\webpages\webetc\textpattern\publish.php(796) : eval()’d code on line 1

Doesn’t really know why. If I turn the plugin off everything is fine. I thing that there might be something wrong with the PHP code. I have version 1.2.1

Any ideas? :)

#45 2005-05-16 02:26:11

ramanan
Plugin Author
Website

Not a clue. How are you using it? Anyone else getting a bug like that?

#46 2005-05-16 03:04:15

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Yes. It’s because you’re returning PHP code and the new plugin format doesn’t like that.

#47 2005-05-17 03:03:01

ramanan
Plugin Author
Website

Dis. I’m so out of the loop. Did Zem write up anything about the new plugin format? I’m still not running the new version of TxP, so I haven’t taken the time to check if the plugins I have written still work.

#48 2005-05-17 04:12:11

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

There are quite a few changes, but it is fairly easy to update. There’s been no extensive write-up anywhere as far as I am aware.

&bull; Dean gave an updated template.
&bull; Alex offers a slightly different template form, which you may find as a nice alternative to the above.
&bull; Alex also supplied an example of an admin-side plugin.

&bull; The format the gets output now is the plain base64-ed code by itself, which is just pasted into a textarea to install.
&bull; You don’t use <code><</code><code>?php</code> tags anymore, as they are added when the plugin is eval-ed.
&bull; Instead of escaping quotes, you escape variables (\$var instead of $var) – unless you use Alex’s template, which does escaping for you.
&bull; If you want an admin-side plugin, there’s a new plugin variable, $plugin['type'] which you set to 1 if it is admin-side code. Else you set it as 0 (zero) or leave it out entirely.
&bull; some variables and tags have been changed. You’ll want to use the constant “hu” instead of $pfr
&bull; some new functions are available in taghandlers.php: “dotag” and “dowrap” and “lAtts” in taglib_misc.php. Makes it nice to define and grab attributes, etc

Take a peek at one of my recent plugins if you’d like another example, as its very short.

Board footer