Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#109 2008-01-02 13:44:22

Didjee
Website

Re: aro_slideshow v2

Allshookup wrote:

I have read all 10 pages I can’t seem to find anything on creating links from your images.

Same question here: is there a way to add a link to an image?

Didjee

#110 2008-01-09 14:35:27

minius

hi, maybe whos can help me. If are some posibility change this slideshow translation css property. I mean looking at slideshow.js file (about 112 line) see that inner div element, where appear img on action, have css property with position:relative. And my question are how change position:relavite to position:static, that everythig works OK? For me need it on internet explorer 6. If position:relative or absolute, than this image block cover my dhtml drop down menu (i use mygosuMenu, DropDownMenuX). Also i trying manipulate with z-index in css in dhtml menu and in slideshow, but it not solve this problem in IE6. On other browser with this no problem menu no cover.
?????
sory for my english
thanks

#111 2008-01-27 20:10:05

diniscorreia

@Didjee (and the developer),

I was also having issues with two slideshows on the same page (same div ID, for example) and found a bug with the $slideshow_count increment. Don’t really know why, but the ++ operator wasn’t working

Quick fix: edit the plugin and replace $slideshow_count++ with $slideshow_count+1. It did the trick for me :)

Great plugin, by the way.

#112 2008-02-08 01:06:18

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I am sorry, I guess I stopped receiving email alerts about posts in this thread – so I had better catch up quickly:

@diniscorreia

Thank you for that bug fix!

@jstubbs and others

Unfortunately, for better or worse, Mootools doesn’t play well with other JS frameworks. If you search the Mootools site the developers give a lot of sensible reasons for this – however, in the “real” world on the internet, it is often impractical to, say, recode a script you are interested in for your framework of choice – and using multiple frameworks on the same site becomes a necessity. That’s cool that jQuery provides a workaround though!

Also, regarding the fading text on Mozilla / Mac, I believe that is discussed further on the Slideshow thread in the Mootools forum.

Finally, I have posted a sneak preview of the next version of Slideshow. It is still an early beta and there will be a little while before a release candidate is posted (probably to coincide with the release of Mootools 1.2). However please check it out and post your thoughts / suggestions. A new TXP plugin will be released with the new version of course and it will be cool: ex. still a fully functioning slideshow with Javascript turned off…

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

#113 2008-02-08 04:23:24

marios
Archived Plugin Author

@rloadorro, On Safari, both versions didn’t work.

The first example just returns me the main image with a progressbar.
In the second one, nothing happens, if I click on the thumbnails and no progressions either. ???

It’s version 2 (built 419.3)

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#114 2008-02-08 13:11:25

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Thanks Marios,

Can you please tell me what is the error being returned in the Javascript console in the Debug menu? (for the Javascript version natch – If you do not have the Debug menu you will need to enter “defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1” in the console and restart Safari to enable it – it is worth doing just to have it though!). I do not have Safari 2 here but can confirm it works the same as Mozilla and Opera in Safari 3. Edit: Downloading Safari 2 – I will check into this. Thanks again Marios!

Last edited by rloaderro (2008-02-08 13:31:37)

#115 2008-02-08 14:17:37

marios
Archived Plugin Author

I’ve no output in Safari’s Javascript Console Window. ( Very strange )

However, Camino ( 1.0.4 in this case ) just does fine, and both your example samples are working as they ar supposed to.

So what is happening in my Safari Browser ? May be my Install is borked. I’ll try to dig this down over the weekend.

( Hey, before I forget, awsome work, this mootool craziness has so much improved over the last Year, it’s almost cinematografic )

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2008-02-08 14:18:26)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#116 2008-02-08 14:34:48

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

hi Marios,

From what I can tell it is a bug in MT with Safari 2.0 – I (re)opened the ticket here. The second example (without JS) is pretty much browser determined behavior – if Safari 2.0 doesn’t autoscroll the element overflow there’s not much that can be done about that – but that was bonus functionality anyway :) Too bad about Safari 2.0 – Safari 3.0 on the other hand is brilliant!

#117 2008-02-09 06:13:51

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Cool. I’ve never installed Safari3, so I have something where I can test here. I should have it, once I have Leoppard installed on a separate volume.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#118 2008-02-25 20:42:40

cuda
Website

I am getting a js error of “Slideshow is not defined”

you can see the test page here
http://www.fairbankshomebuilders.com/clients/

any ideas? Thanks

#119 2008-02-26 00:07:54

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@cuda,

It’s because the paths to the linked scripts are wrong:

<script src="http://www.fairbankshomebuilders/js/mootools.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Should be:

<script src="http://www.fairbankshomebuilders.com/js/mootools.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

#120 2008-02-26 00:57:59

cuda
Website

Dunce

yeah no kidding!!!! funny I just copy and pasted those and FF resolves them properly….FF is to smart for me..thanks

Board footer