Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2007-03-17 00:02:29

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.19 (old version)

manique, have you set the from attribute to your own email address in the zem_contact_reborn tag? In that case, try changing this line:

mail($from, $subject, $msg, $headers);

into:

mail(($reply ? $reply : $from), $subject, $msg, $headers);

zem_contact_lang and zem_contact_lang_mlp can’t be active at the same time. They both serve the same purpose, so activating just one is enough. The ZCR_mlp plugin should work with the current ZCR version.

#86 2007-03-17 01:26:15

maniqui
Website

ruud wrote:

have you set the from attribute to your own email address in the zem_contact_reborn tag?

Yes, I did.
I think I forgot to say that the sender doesn’t receive the copy. Did I say it?

Ruud, thanks for the suggestion, but I don’t like the idea of changing the plug-in code and remember the change in future updates (but if you confirm me that the change you suggested will be included in the next release I will think about applying it).

For now, I have removed the from: attribute, and added again the copysender="yes" attribute.
I don’t even know why I was using the from: attribute (i mean… I would like to know what could be the benefits of using it).

Now, I have a question that is in my mind since the first releases of this plugin:
What are the purposes of attributes from_form and to_form.

Sorry if those are too obvious but I can’t get them!

zem_contact_lang and zem_contact_lang_mlp can’t be active at the same time. They both serve the same purpose, so activating just one is enough. The ZCR_mlp plugin should work with the current ZCR version.

Ok. I think I will keep with the classic zem_contact_lang by now.
But I would like to ask: Isn’t it the idea that if ZCR is MLP-compatible, then there should be no need to install and additional plug-in (ZCR_lang_MLP, in this case)?
I need some clarification here, hehe.

Ruud, thanks again.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#87 2007-03-17 10:55:44

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

maniqui, the copysender/from thing looks like a bug. If you can confirm that my suggested fix works, it’ll be included in the next version.

The from attribute is used to force the use of one specific email address in the email From: header. This can be necessary if the mailserver on your webhost refuses to send mail unless you to set the From: header to domain that’s hosted on that webserver.

from_form/to_form are there so you can use a TXP form to set values for the To: and From: email headers. The plugin help contains an example of how the to_form can be used (it’s one of the advanced examples)

If ZCR supports MLP natively, then a separate plugin like ZCR_lang_MLP is no longer needed. The reason why that is on the wishlist is to avoid having to change 2 plugins each time a new translation string is added.

Last edited by ruud (2007-03-17 11:01:30)

#88 2007-03-19 21:46:42

tinyfly
Website

I have a couple of requests for the next version if these are not already possible.

It would be fantastic if I could somehow wrap the label in a tag seperately and in addition to a wraptag on the input/select/textarea.

Example:
<txp:zem_contact_text label="Your Name" labelwraptag="dt" wraptag="dd" />

would ouput something like:
<dt><label for="idname">Your Name</label></dt> <dd><input type="text" class="zemText zemRequired" id="idname" /></dd>

Also it would be nice to be able to specify an image button that aren’t inside the <button></button> tags.

Example:
<input type="image" src="../path/to/button/image.gif" value="Submit" />

#89 2007-03-19 22:27:49

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

You can abuse the ‘break’ attribute to do simulate the labelwraptag/wraptag, at least the part that appears between the label and the input field. And the submit button is just a submit button. If you add an image submit button in plain HTML it’ll work just as well ;)

Last edited by ruud (2007-03-19 22:36:35)

#90 2007-03-21 17:06:29

sugoo

Hi, I tried to install the new version, but I’m getting the following error:

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /textpattern/index.php could not be found on this server.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

#91 2007-03-21 17:27:00

sugoo

sorry, guys… I did some googling and found the following fix, which seems to have done it:

http://urbangiraffe.com/2005/08/20/mysterious-406-error/

Last edited by sugoo (2007-03-21 17:27:27)

#92 2007-03-25 10:37:52

theturninggate
Website

What are the server requirements to make this thing work. I have a site hosted on a Linux box, running Apache, but it’s a new setup and the host is inexperienced in Linux. When I use the contact form here, it says the message is sent, but nothing shows up at the destination email address. It’s been more than 24 hours. I suspect something is amiss with the server configuration. What should the host have enabled for this to work?

Thanks,
theturninggate

#93 2007-03-25 12:09:53

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Try setting the ‘from’ attribute in the ‘zem_contact’ tag to your own mail address. Some mailservers block sender addresses that are outside domains hosted on the server. Anything other than that should be investigated by the hosting company (for example by looking at the mail server logs). Normally, just being able to send email is enough for ZCR to function; nothing special is needed.

#94 2007-03-25 13:06:28

redcrew

I’m a new Textpattern user. I set up zem_contact_reborn on the website, but I’m having an issue with the redirect to another URL option on the form.

When I specify the URL (in this example, the about page), the contact form is redirected correctly to the about page. But the URL in the address bar of the browser shows the following:

www.mysite.com/about/#zcr1aa5bb6a7cde70b329101f55221e3759

Clean URLs are showing for all the pages on the website, but when I use the redirect option in the form, the additional text appears in the browser address. Suggestions on what I can do to remove it?

Last edited by redcrew (2007-03-25 13:09:39)

#95 2007-03-25 15:16:01

tranquillo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

What is the purpose of the line:

“else $atts[$key] = intval($atts[$key]);”

in zem_contact_lAtts?

It’s causing a problem with zem_contact_email and a new function, I try to implement that returns zem_contact_select the same way as zem_contact_email returns zem_contact_text. If I set required=“0”, this attribute is recognized as set and not as unset (i.e. == false), therefore the email is always required.

Or am I doing something completely wrong?

#96 2007-03-25 15:40:13

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Tranquillo, that’s not what’s causing problems, but a few lines above, the if/elseif statements that compare to yes/no, those should have === instead of ==. Will be fixed in the next version.

Redcrew, which browser are you using?

Last edited by ruud (2007-03-25 15:48:59)

Board footer