Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2008-02-07 11:12:37

helsinkifrostbites
Website

Re: TXPhorum: A simple forum solution for Textpattern

I’m setting up txphorum on a site and it’s working like a dream apart from one weird thing:

when I post a new thread or reply to an existing one and click “enter”, I get an error page saying “cannot display the webpage” in IE or “this page can’t be found” in Safari, but the url is correct and when I hit refresh, the page is there.

It’s like I get redirected too quickly before the page has been created or something. Has anybody else had this problem?

#98 2008-02-07 12:10:14

helsinkifrostbites
Website

Would there be a way to add a delay of one or two seconds to the redirect, could that fix it?
I’m fumbling in the dark here.

#99 2008-02-17 22:34:33

jakob
Admin
Website

Just tried to register on the demo forum but received an error (Fatal error: Call to undefined function: generate_password() in /home/benbruce/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(574) : eval()'d code on line 557) when trying to register, so have not been able to try out txphorum or post my question.

1) is there currently a working combination of the most recent txp version and plug-in versions?

2) Gocom posted above he’d made some improvements which sound interesting but his site has been “under maintenance” now for a while so I couldn’t check there either.

3) The question I wanted to ask on the forum as: Have I understood correctly that each reply to a topic on txphorum is an article of its own, i.e. appears on its own in the back-end? In this topic on the demo forum the suggestion is that each thread is an article, so I am slightly confused. If that is so then etz_pg would not work. As txp:article_custom has no pageby attribute, how would one best achieve this?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#100 2008-02-19 23:52:50

linkingarts

Am getting this error w/4.0.6, & latest plugins:

<txp:bab_forum_form type="post" section="txphorum" /> -> Notice: Undefined variable: thing on line 113

I can create and post topics and replies. Changing password (“edit login info”) throws the following:

Tag error: <txp:mem_change_password_form form="txphorum_mem_change_password_form" /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 983

Any help much appreciated…!!!

thx,

_pj

#101 2008-02-20 22:46:24

linkingarts

The more I look into this the more it looks like somehow bab_if_gps not being called? Otherwise $thing would be defined.

Seems strange that nobody else has this issue?

I’ve got latest plugins as far as I can find. Am using the revised TXPhorum 2 templates, and have updated those per the new mem_form plugin.

thx more,

_pj

#102 2008-02-20 23:20:05

jakob
Admin
Website

Am using the revised TXPhorum 2 templates …

Perhaps I missed this. Is this thread then not the most recent iteration of TXPhorum?

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#103 2008-02-20 23:57:49

linkingarts

I may have overstated.. It’s just this one

#104 2008-02-21 01:26:22

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

There is an issue with the latest version of mem_self_register, as I understand it. I haven’t had any time to look into it but will when I have a second. Not likely this week, possibly next week. But Linkingarts, that may be your starting point if you are energized …

Gocom pointed out a few faults with TXPhorum, which I’d like to clean up in a new version. That’s what I have in my head — hopefully a very simplified version that’s easier to maintain and theme.

• Ben

Last edited by benbruce (2008-02-21 01:31:11)

#105 2008-02-21 02:39:39

linkingarts

Thanks Ben, I’ll look into mem_self_register. And I had read Gocom’s comments, which sounded cogent. I’m looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

The error seems pretty basic, guess I’ll just have to step thru the code. Was hoping somebody else might have solved the issue already!

FWIW I’m folding TXPhorum into a larger TXP site that I plan to be able to import/export as templates. Forum, feeds, Postmaster for email lists, etc. Might be able to get my client to donate it; we’ll see.

_peter

#106 2008-02-22 05:34:30

linkingarts

OK I was able to get this working. Something didn’t like line 113 in TXPhorum plugin code:

$form = ($form) ? fetch_form($form) : $thing;

So I replaced with:

if (!empty($form)) { $thing = fetch_form($form);}

and Bingo!

Go figure.

It seemed like that’d be fine since the next step is if (empty($form)) {...}

_peter

#107 2008-02-23 13:00:23

Timid&friendly
Website

Hi everybuddy,

Nice work dudes. Thx ben for this system.

Im justing setting things up and am however getting this error WHEN I CLICK ON A TXPHORM ARTICLE TITLE FROM FORUM INDEX.
tag_error <txp:article_custom post_or_reply="8" form="txphorum_reply" sort="Posted asc" /> -> Textpattern Notice: not existing tag attribute: post_or_reply on line 653

Which means it just outputs everything instead of the id related replies?

I have the wonder tag installed and active.

Any ideas?

I think, therefore I AM, … … er … I think :-?

#108 2008-02-24 21:21:14

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

Timid&friendly,

You need to change the name of one of your custom fields to “post_and_reply” — you can do this in Admin > Preferences.

• Ben

Board footer