Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2007-12-28 20:36:09

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

Re: TXPhorum: A simple forum solution for Textpattern

zooeyripka,

It’s url issues you’re having, as you suspect. Bugs in the plugin — these shouldn’t affect you (but obviously they do).

Do you have any experience with PHP?

• Ben

Last edited by benbruce (2007-12-28 20:43:22)

#86 2007-12-28 22:22:11

zooeyripka

The only experience i have is writing the php for that bird list you see on my sight. And I did that by piecing together online tutorials. If you can give me a clue I might be able to work it out.

#87 2007-12-28 23:33:24

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

I just wonder why doesn’t the TXPhorum (that should be named bab_txphorum) use page_url() to form links and redirecting, as it would work in any case, as currently it uses unnessasery 303 Redirect and hand-coded urls, as the posting/reply form’s action could do the same.

Same comes to the Textile, as it uses TextileThis, when it should use TextileRestricted, as TXPhorum doesn’t parse any code by itself. Hackers wet dream, so said. Also known issue is that you can edit any article or post on the site, just by typing the correct ID to the edit-gps-function. You also can call plugins via TXPhorum, or query site till the fallout. Not so secure, so said. Well, I’m working on new forum plugin that cleans those issues, and outputs valid code.

Cheers!

Last edited by Gocom (2007-12-28 23:38:34)

#88 2007-12-31 06:34:23

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

Gocom, glad to hear you’re working on it. TXPhorum was always meant as community project — the reason all of those items you mentioned haven’t been done is because no one’s done them (and I didn’t know about them).

zooeyripka, it sounds like Gocom’s new version will have these issues ironed out (plus he’s got some other very neat upgrades done on his site) so it may be wise to wait.

• Ben

#89 2007-12-31 13:07:04

zooeyripka

i never do the wise thing!!

I actually had it 90 %working, then I changed something, now it doesn’t work. The login, logout, edit profile all work cuz I went into the ign_user plugin and changed the a href areas to my messy txphorum url section. I figure the forum is all i’m using ign_user for.

Now, the only problem (well the biggest problem) is posts go into my content area as section “index.php?s=txphorum” instead of just “txphorum”. Is there somewhere in the txphorum plugin I can just change a reference so all posts set the section to “txphorum”? I think that would do it.

I don’t mind this being a temporary forum until a new one comes out or I learn php!!

#90 2007-12-31 15:32:34

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Now, the only problem (well the biggest problem) is posts go into my content area as section “index.php?s=txphorum” instead of just “txphorum”.

There is $form-codes in the plugin (three times if I remember correctly). And there is the path added as static action="index.php?s=txphorum" / action="index.php?s=$s". You could change that to use page_url() etc that outputs the URL by pagerequest. Or just change that to /txphorum.

PS. Maybe I don’t remember corretly, because it have been 4 months since I looked the original code ;)

Cheers!

Last edited by Gocom (2007-12-31 15:36:13)

#91 2007-12-31 17:48:15

zooeyripka

Thanks, but that doesn’t seem to be it. It’s already going to the right page when a post is made, it’s in my textpattern articles tab I can see the posts are attributed to section “index.php?s=txphorum” instead of just “txphorum”.

I did notice that if I change the line Section = ‘$section’, to Section =“txphorum” the posts will go up, but the replies also populate the forum (they get a section of “txphorum” instead of “txphorum_replies”.

There has to be a way to hard code the section the post gets attributed to as “txphorum”…

#92 2007-12-31 18:02:35

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

There is an attribute you can set in the tag itself:

<txp:bab_forum_form type="reply" section="txphorum_replies" />

Set it to the different sections in your Page or Forms.

• Ben

#93 2007-12-31 18:47:22

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

Here’s a hack to fix the “just type in the edit url to any article”:

function bab_if_author($atts, $thing='') {
	global $thisarticle, $ign_user;
	$bab_author = $thisarticle['authorid'];
	if ($ign_user == $bab_author) {	
		return $thing;
	 } else {
	 	 return "Sorry, you're not authorized.";
	 }
}

You can add this function to your txphorum plugin, and then wrap your edit form in these tags:

<txp:bab_if_author>edit form here</txp:bab_if_author>

Edit return "Sorry, you're not authorized."; to have it display something else (this should be updated to be a regular TXP <txp:else /> function, but as I said this is a hack.

• Ben

#94 2008-01-01 14:02:13

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

benbruse,

$ign_user is the old deprecated tag, so should it $ign_current_user instead? And doesn’t that have exploit as it works only in single article / when you have made the topic?

So it must have done with safe_row when edit-form is loaded. Then pulling the $AuthorID and comparing it to $ign_current_user.

Cheers!

#95 2008-01-29 22:49:04

rsskga
Website

I’m using glx_gravatar with my comments. I was hoping to also use it with authors in txphorum. I couldn’t get it to work by using the standard glx_gravatar tag even if I used an email address for every field author field (name, user name and email address) in txphorum. It seems like it should be quite possible, but I don’t really understand how glx_gravatar is working behind the scenes. Any thoughts out there?

BTW… My site is www.pilatesforthepeople.com in case that helps to visualize things, examine code, etc.

*** Figured it out *** I’ll post the plugin soon.

Last edited by rsskga (2008-02-02 23:19:27)

Swim Kitten, A Magento Site
When nothing but incredibly revealing dresses and swimwear will do

#96 2008-02-04 18:22:58

rsskga
Website

Hi Ben,

I just gave Manfre a head’s up. His newest version of mem_self_register won’t work with Txphorum. The “create an account” form goes MIA—probably just because the form or tag names changed and it’s no longer being referenced correctly. I suggested that his change log might point you in the right direction? He sounded pretty excited about the improvements from the previous version.

Swim Kitten, A Magento Site
When nothing but incredibly revealing dresses and swimwear will do

Board footer