You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

#613 2009-04-09 22:36:22

_n

Re: smd_slimbox

Bloke wrote:

Ummm, that’s smd_gallery syntax. The replacement variables don’t work in smd_slimbox, as it’s a much simpler plugin with limited output scope :-)

LOL….no wonder it didn’t work. Thanks.

Mental note, when you are forgetting what plugin you are using, its time to go have a tea and get away from the machine. :)

great set of plugins btw.

#614 2009-04-14 00:51:42

owenswain
Website

Hello,
I tried to find the answer to my query by searching the TXP Textbook and by browsing this thread but as it is massive I am going to dare to ask away…

1. The site in question is http://onionboy.ca/blog/
2. The template I am using is Palpable http://browser.textplates.com/index.php?id=30 though that’s probably not that relevant
3. Preferences, Production Status is set to debugging
4. The following Tag Error messages are displayed in relation to slimbox.

>>>THIS ONE REMAINS UNSOLVED<<<
Tag error: <txp:smd_slimbox wraptag=“li” orderby=“date:desc” category=”!articles” groupname=“gallery” limit=“30” libcheck=“0” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: libcheck on line 649

textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:649 trigger_error()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()’d code:75 lAtts()
textpattern/publish.php:1090 smd_slimbox()
textpattern/publish.php:1012 processTags()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:3039 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:1090 if_section()
textpattern/publish.php:1025 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:496 parse()
index.php:33 textpattern()

UPDATE: THIS ONE IS SOLVEDSEE NOTE IN MY FOLLOW UP POST
Tag error: <txp:smd_slimbox wraptag=“li” orderby=“date:desc” category=”!articles” groupname=“gallery” limit=“30” libcheck=“0” /> -> Textpattern Notice: ‘orderby’ is now renamed ‘sort’. Use a space instead of a colon to specify sort order (e.g. orderby=‘category:asc’ is now sort=‘category asc’). on line 81

textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()’d code:81 trigger_error()
textpattern/publish.php:1090 smd_slimbox()
textpattern/publish.php:1012 processTags()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:3039 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:1090 if_section()
textpattern/publish.php:1025 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:496 parse()
index.php:33 textpattern()

That’s it. I do not know how or where to proceed to make the necessary corrections. Any help is most appreciated.

Last edited by owenswain (2009-04-14 01:44:19)

#615 2009-04-14 01:17:53

owenswain
Website

Well, I just impressed myself. I solved one of the two tag errors. For the benefit of others who may have the same problem the solution for the second Tag Error shown in my previous post is to go to Pages, default, and that’s where you will find the error and be able to edit and save. I don’t know why it occurred to me to begin looking in the Pages but I did and was rewarded.

Now, I still need help on the first of the Tag Errors:
Tag error: <txp:smd_slimbox wraptag=“li” orderby=“date:desc” category=”!articles” groupname=“gallery” limit=“30” libcheck=“0” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: libcheck on line 649

UPDATE
I found the above Tag Error located on the ‘default’ page. It’s actually another part of the same lines of code where the other error was. However, there is no instruction in this Tag error notice so I don’t know how to proceed.

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by owenswain (2009-04-14 01:49:01)

#616 2009-04-14 02:06:03

owenswain
Website

2ND UPDATE
I searched libcheck in this forum and was lead to read http://stefdawson.com/smd_slimbox a little closer. There I noticed in CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS VERSION where Stef notes: Accordingly, libcheck has been removed

So I thought, what heck, I will remove each instance of libcheck="0" and sure enough the Tag Error vanished. Hurray.

However, now that that problem is solved there’s still the fact that the slimbox isn’t functioning. So, I am going to need help with that.

#617 2009-04-14 03:12:41

owenswain
Website

I may move this to a new thread but for now I will continue to ask here as it continues on from my original post here :)

Again, I am using the Palpable template and from that template (http://browser.textplates.com/index.php?id=30) I followed the links to install smd_slimbox and the necessary smd_lib and have made both plugins Active

I ran a CSS validation on my site to find out why slimbox might not be working…

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://onionboy.ca/blog/#errors

…and got this error notice http://onionboy.ca/blog/src/css/slimbox.css

Next I went to my SFTP to have a look at that path and found the css file is empty, the filesize is zero. Then I went to the same css file in the Palpable template download and the css file is also blank, as are the images and scripts files.

Any ideas as to why slimbox is clearly not working on my blog?

See http://onionboy.ca/blog/

Thanks.

UPDATED: using firefox’s web developer tool on the Palpable demo site I found the slimbox.css along with the other css; layout, color, etc.

I copied the slimbox.css and in Styles I created a new style called slimbox and pasted the code in and saved. It was a long shot and didn’t work.

I also went to the bother using my SFTP to create that exact path to file (http://onionboy.ca/blog/src/css/slimbox.css) using the code noted above to make a slimbox.css file and still slimbox doesn’t work and the CSS fails to validate.

I’m stumped and probably tried too hard and I can remove all that, no problem.

So, um, I definitely need some help in getting my images to load with slimbox in Palpable.

Thanks.

Last edited by owenswain (2009-04-14 03:43:51)

#618 2009-04-14 07:49:51

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

owenswain

I don’t know much about the templates themselves as I’ve never used them, perhaps someone else will be able to chime in here but I can give some generic guidelines on what to look for.

It certainly sounds like the template has been built with an older version of smd_slimbox and as such is out of date. Good bit of detective work on your behalf to find out about the deprecated elements and things. Assuming you now have the latest versions of smd_lib and smb_slimbox installed (check my site for the latest) you’ll need to verify a few things:

1. You have uploaded the latest versions of slimbox.css and slimbox2.js from Christophe’s site to your server. I do not know the directory structure of the template so you will need to browse around with your FTP client to find where they are
  2. If you are using the mootools version then you need to have uploaded mootools.js as well. If you intend to use the jQuery version (recommended: it’s the link above) then you can ignore this bit because jQuery is shipped with Textpattern
  3. Once that is done, one thing that may help you find all instances of the various tag you will need is smd_where_used. If you install that and go to the Extensions tab on the admin side you can search for smd_slimbox and it’ll show you every place it’s referenced. You can then edit those pages/forms/articles to make the slimbox tag take the correct, most recent attributes
  4. A few attributes have changed: libcheck you have found already. Also, when you search for smd_slimbox, if there is an smd_slimbox_inc tag anywhere in the template then remove the entire tag as it’s no longer required. Further, orderby is now called sort. You would need to change that attribute to sort="date desc" now, because the ‘colon’ syntax has been deprecated
  5. You need to make sure that jquery.js (or mootools.js, whichever you choose), slimbox2.js, and slimbox.css are all installed and have relevant <script src="/path/to/file.js"></script> and <link rel="stylesheet" href="/path/to/slimbox.css" /> tags in your HTML <head> element. Again, if you use smd_where_used it should help you find which Form or Page your <head> is in and then you can go and look there. Make sure the scripts are being called and the paths are correct — they should point to the same directory where you uploaded the slimbox2.js, slimbox.css, etc in your FTP client. Christophe’s site gives all the info about what tags need to go on your page
  6. Finally if you are still having trouble with paths and you have the excellent Firebug installed in Firefox, go to the ‘Net’ pane (you may need to enable it first). When you do a full (CTRL-F5) refresh you will see a list of all files that your server is trying to locate. Any ones it cannot find will be in red and you can see where it is trying to find them, compare that to where you have actually installed them, and then either move the files on the server to match or change your tags to match the correct paths
  7. One final thing, make sure the scripts or loaded in the correct order: jQuery (or mootools) first, then slimbox2.js, then slimbox.css

See how you get on with that lot. Congrats on your sleuthing so far, it sounds like you’re nearly there and probably just one or two of the above points will get you flying.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-04-14 07:50:39)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#619 2009-04-15 03:07:30

owenswain
Website

Stef, thanks for the help. I’m working my way through it.

1. Done and located to the correct directory structure using my SFTP
  1. I not using the mootools version because I used the most recent versions from the link you provided in #1
  1. Installed your smd_where_used and searched for smd_slimbox and the only place where smd_slimbox appears is in the default page. And, as far as I can tell the attributes where correct as per your instruction #4 per my sleuthing about yesterday.
  1. OK, to the best of my ability I have done this: Found tags you noted in the HTML <head> element which is located in the default page and corrected the path/to/file to match the directory structure locations using my SFTP
  1. Installed firebug and am using the CRTL-F5 refresh but the list of files is not showing.
  1. Again, to the best of my ability the scripts now load in the correct order (as you gave it) in the default page.
    OK, I made sure that I have installed the latest versions of the latest versions of smd_lib and smb_slimbox from your site.

HERE’S THE RESULT:

I received the following message which had not appeared before;

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /users/home/onionboy/public_html/blog/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()'d code on line 15 The above errors were caused by the plugin:smd_slimbox I am able to locate that path using my SFTP but I do not know what to do about it

I also received a new error message I am guessing is in the default page – even though Textpattern tells me the line # I don’t know how to identify that.

Tag error: <txp:smd_slimbox wraptag="li" sort="date desc" category="!articles" groupname="gallery" limit="30" /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1104 textpattern/publish.php:1104 trigger_error() textpattern/publish.php:1012 processTags() textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:3039 parse() textpattern/publish.php:1090 if_section() textpattern/publish.php:1025 processTags() textpattern/publish.php:496 parse() index.php:33 textpattern()

Thanks again for your help Stef.

#620 2009-04-15 07:59:18

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

owenswain wrote:

I made sure that I have installed the latest versions of the latest versions of smd_lib and smb_slimbox from your site.

Ahem *cough* except the latest version wasn’t the one on my site, sorry about that. I was a version behind, but there’s only one line changed so it’s not that important. It’s fixed now anyway.

1. Installed firebug and am using the CRTL-F5 refresh but the list of files is not showing.

OK, if you go to your site front page and hit F12 to bring up the Firebug panel you’ll see six tabs: Console, HTML, CSS, Script, DOM and Net. Click ‘Net’, then enable it via the tickbox. Once you have done that you should see the list of files your page is loading.

@Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /users/home/onionboy/public_html/blog/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()’d code on line 15

Very odd.

@Tag error: <txp:smd_slimbox wraptag=“li” sort=“date desc” category=”!articles” groupname=“gallery” limit=“30” /> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1104

Even odder. That implies there’s now a problem elsewhere on the page (or in the slimbox plugin itself) that is causing the plugin to appear to be missing. Hmmm, difficult to diagnose.

Could you post here the three tags you are using in your <head> that import the jquery.js, slimbox2.js and slimbox.css files please? I’ll see if that sheds any light on it. I can’t see your site right now so I can’t check (it says Database Unavailable).

Last edited by Bloke (2009-04-15 08:00:54)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#621 2009-04-15 08:04:07

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

OK, it’s back. Just had a look on your site. There are a couple of other things to tend to.

1. search for sitename using smd_where_used. This tag has been deprecated and it is now site_name so you’ll need to fix that: the template is out-of-date
  2. jquery.js, slimbox2.js, effects.js and slimbox2.css are not being found so the paths are still not correct.

EDIT: In your FTP client you should see

siteroot directory
  |--> files
  |--> images
  |--> rpc
  |--> textpattern

Do you also see a ‘src’ directory? That’s where I think your tags are trying to read from. My guess is you’ll need to put a leading / in the src/href attributes in the lines in your <head>, e.g:

<script type="text/javascript" src="/textpattern/jquery.js"></script>

Notice the slash in front of textpattern? Check you have that in your tag. Possibly the same for the others too, but it’ll depend where the ‘src’ directory is in in relation to your site root.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-04-15 08:14:12)

#622 2009-04-15 13:19:41

owenswain
Website

Bloke, before I post my reply can you tell me how to get the text in this forum to show as you have in a dashed box? It will make displaying the information I have for you more clear. Thanks.

#623 2009-04-15 13:32:16

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

At the start of the line put bc. then a space and then paste in your code. If it has empty lines in it you’ll need to either remove them or use bc.. (in which case you’ll need to start your next non-code paragraph with p. to ‘break out’ of code display mode and return to normal paragraph mode). More info on Textile

Last edited by Bloke (2009-04-15 13:32:47)

#624 2009-04-15 14:12:13

owenswain
Website

Thanks for the link to more info on Textile (I should have thought of this myself based on being familiar with Textile notes in the Content – Write section of my admin. Now,

1. oddly the reverse of what you noted happened. When I changed from site_name to sitename I and refreshed I received two error notices about that tag. When I reversed it back to site_name the error messages when away.
  1. Below please find both the directory tree and the related tags in the <head></head>
public_html
  |--> blog
    |--> files
    |--> images
    |--> rpc
    |--> textpattern
        |--> ...
        |--> js
             |--> slimbox.js
        |--> ...
        |-->lib
             |--> txplib_misc.php (location of the unexpected T-STRING)
        |--> ...
        |--> src
	     |--> slimbox2.css
        |--> ...
        |-->
        |-->
 <script type="text/javascript" src="<txp:site_url />/textpatten/jquery.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="<txp:site_url />/textpattern/src/slimbox2.js"></script>
	<script type="text/javascript" src="<txp:site_url />/textpattern/src/scripts/effects.js"></script>

<txp:css format=“link” /> <link rel=“stylesheet” href=”<txp:site_url />/textpattern/src/css/slimbox2.css” type=“text/css” media=“screen” />

So, thanks for looking at that. Please note in @<script type=“text/javascript” src=”<txp:site_url />/textpattern/src/scripts/effects.js”></script>

Also, I did not find an effects.js file in the slimbox downloads

1. Thank you, the firebug F12 worked. The information in the ticketbox (the box I see on the right hand side, I assume) are far too lengthy to post here and beyond my sleuthing ability. I don’t know if you are willing to look at it or not…don’t want to push your good graces too far :)

Per the Pars error and the Tag error, if you are at a loss I am at a total loss.

Not wanting to bail too soon but would there be any point in trying to begin from scratch (as in revert totally to the default design and load everything back in)?

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

Board footer