2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

#505 2008-06-09 20:26:41

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_slimbox

robin746 wrote:

Well, I am back to this plugin until I can get smd_gallery to show anything at all on my pages. :-(

Haven’t got a clue about the smd_gallery yet. Everything looks peachy in the SQL. Will continue to think about it.

the thumbnail displayed when the page first loads is not the correct one but rather the lowest numerically.

Bollox, you’re right. I screwed up the limit attribute when using paging. I’ve found the bug (at least I hope so, this one’s gonna be a “patch and hope” job). Gimme 15 mins to run a few tests and get it uploaded. Thanks for finding this, and sorry for the inconvenience.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#506 2008-06-09 20:54:54

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Patched to v0.31 | zipped to fix the problem robin746 highlighted (thanks for that). order="fixed" should actually work as advertised now.

Since it’s quite a big change to the code (logically, not in terms of actual lines of code), please everyone be vigilant and check if the output does what you expect. I can’t foresee any major issues with this change but there may well be some corner cases (hope not, but I’m only human).

EDIT: This’ll probably affect smd_gallery as well so I’ll see if that needs patching too.

Last edited by Bloke (2008-06-09 20:57:44)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#507 2008-06-09 23:18:18

robin746
Website

Bloke wrote:

I think it’s to do with the size of the plugin vs the size of a POST request set by the server. If the plugin is large it exceeds the size, the upload is cancelled and returns a blank page?

Must be something obscure like this. But it is consistent… only the compressed code loads.

Patched to v0.31 | zipped to fix the problem robin746 highlighted (thanks for that). order=“fixed” should actually work as advertised now.

This is rockin’ — works as advertised now. Your responses and quick turnaround are really commendable.

robin

#508 2008-06-13 15:40:54

strawberryfusion

Sort order not working for me.

Currently I have this:

<txp:smd_slimbox category="headboards, sofas, bedroom-furniture, wooden-beds, metal-beds, leather-beds" imagecaption="?alt in ?category" wraptag="li" linkclass="thickbox" sort"leather-beds, metal-beds, wooden-beds, bedroom-furinture, sofas, headboards" />

As soon as sort is added, it jumbles all the thumbnails from all the image categories. If I remove sort completely they are organised by image category but it does it in this order, no matter what I change in category?

headboards, sofas, bedroom-furniture, wooden-beds, metal-beds, leather-beds

Any suggestions on something I could try?

Thanks
rajiv

#509 2008-06-13 16:35:33

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

strawberryfusion wrote:

As soon as sort is added, it jumbles all the thumbnails from all the image categories.

Aha. You don’t use sort like that :-)

Sort can take either category, id, name, ext, date, etc, etc. Plus fixed or random. If you want them in the order you specified in the category list, put sort="fixed".

#510 2008-06-14 08:12:38

strawberryfusion

Hi,

Thanks, I tried that:

<txp:smd_slimbox category="leather-beds, metal-beds, wooden-beds, bedroom-furniture, sofas,headboards" sort="fixed" imagecaption="?alt in ?category" wraptag="li" linkclass="thickbox" />

It still jumbles everything, anything else I can try?

#511 2008-06-14 09:04:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

strawberryfusion wrote:

It still jumbles everything, anything else I can try?

Hmm, are you using the latest v0.31? I updated the sort="fixed" to work with categories a couple of days ago.

Also, when you say “jumbled”, what do you mean exactly, i.e. what do you expect to see? Are they just not showing up in category order? Or do you mean they are all in one block and not separated into different groups? If you mean the latter then it’s because that’s the way the plugin works. It gets all images from all categories you specify and lumps them together into a gallery, sorting them by whichever method(s) you choose. If you want to separate each category into its own block on the screen you’ll need to use some of the onchange functionality to group them and insert some heading around each block (example 6 in the plugin help).

#512 2008-06-14 11:31:13

strawberryfusion

Hi,

Yes I updated to the latest v0.31 but i’ll remove it and re-install it.

Sorry for my unclear explanation of “jumbled”. What happens is that the images do not show in this order:

leather-beds, metal-beds, wooden-beds, bedroom-furniture, sofas,headboards

You get something like this:

headboards, bedroom-furniture, leather-beds, headboards, metal-beds, wooden-beds

Now if I remove sort from the code then the images display in this order and without a category being broken up, no matter which order they are written:

headboards, sofas, bedroom-furniture, wooden-beds, metal-beds, leather-beds

So they all display correctly but I just want to order the categories like this:

leather-beds, metal-beds, wooden-beds, bedroom-furniture, sofas,headboards

Thanks

Last edited by strawberryfusion (2008-06-14 13:31:17)

#513 2008-06-14 13:55:02

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

@strawberryfusion:

D’oh, you know what I’ve just noticed. This is smd_slimbox and I changed the category sort order in smd_gallery the other day, not this plugin. That would certainly explain why it doesn’t work because sort="fixed" only functions on image IDs. If I can, I’ll back-port the modifications I made to smd_gallery into smd_slimbox. I think it’ll work, but I’ll have to try it and find out because they operate in different ways.

Sorry for the mix up / me being so dense and not spotting this sooner. If it’s any consolation, smd_gallery will do what you want :-)

Last edited by Bloke (2008-06-14 13:56:11)

#514 2008-06-15 00:51:59

mauricenaef

Quick question, is it possible to hook up the image linked to the current article? Somehow a replacement to <txp:article_image>? I cant get it to display that?
Sorry if I missed something…

regards Marcel

#515 2008-06-15 07:20:40

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

mauricenaef wrote:

is it possible to hook up the image linked to the current article?

Yes, try using id="?article_image".

#516 2008-06-15 09:24:58

strawberryfusion

Many thanks – I used smd_gallery and it works exactly the same but now with the correct order! :)

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

Board footer