2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

#433 2008-03-18 13:19:05

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_slimbox

progre55 wrote:

is it as simple as just renaming .gTxT(‘keywords’).’ to something else.

Eeek! Don’t do that :-)

Anything called with gTxt() means it’s a localised copy and the translation can be found in the lang table. Change stuff like that in your en-gb (or whatever language you prefer) file.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#434 2008-03-18 13:26:13

progre55

Ok. I will take a look.

Last edited by progre55 (2008-03-18 13:26:46)

#435 2008-03-18 13:54:56

progre55

Bloke:

No dice. I looked at the file, saw the Keyword => Keyword entry, but changing it had no effect ….

#436 2008-03-18 14:03:05

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

progre55 wrote:

No dice. I looked at the file, saw the Keyword => Keyword entry, but changing it had no effect ….

Strange, it should do. If you update the text on the right, save, upload the file to your server and then in Admin->Prefs->Languages hit Update under that language it should modify the database from the file. Unless I’ve misunderstood the process. Must admit I’ve not tried it myself.

EDIT: *shrug* maybe that’s what the “install from file” link is for at the bottom? Never used that either. Maybe someone’s posted about it on the forum or it’s in an (un)FAQ list somewhere?

Last edited by Bloke (2008-03-18 14:07:03)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#437 2008-03-18 14:11:04

progre55

Will take a look. Again, thanks for the help.

#438 2008-03-18 14:19:48

kees-b
Website

All textstrings that can be localized are gathered from the RPC server where maintainers of the localizations can update them if needed. Your txp install loads the lang file from the server at the first install or at subsequent updates and also shows you when there is an language update. You can install the language strings from a textfile though. If you only want to change one string you might do that by changing it in the txp:lang table of your own install but it will be overwritten each time when you do a (language) update.

kees

Last edited by kees-b (2008-03-18 14:21:34)

#439 2008-03-18 14:30:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

kees

Thanks for the clarification on that. Always wondered how it knew an update was available…

#440 2008-03-19 15:21:39

progre55

Bloke:

I directly modified the “keywords” record in the “txp_lang” table in the db.

Just wanted to let you know.

progre55

#441 2008-03-27 17:18:21

fangonk

I am using imageid=”?article_image” to display article images using slimbox. However I was wondering if there is any way to override the thumbnail I have uploaded via the textpattern interface and use the actual article image I want to display in the slimbox as the thumbnail as well. Instead of using the normal thumbnail I uploaded, I want to take the fullsize image and scale it down using css (because I am an idiot) and use it as a thumbnail. Does anyone have any suggestions for switching out the article thumbnail for the actual article image?

Last edited by fangonk (2008-03-27 17:29:02)

#442 2008-03-28 18:54:24

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

fangonk wrote:

I was wondering if there is any way to override the thumbnail I have uploaded via the textpattern interface and use the actual article image I want to display in the slimbox as the thumbnail as well.

Not right now, though you can simulate it by resizing the thumbnail to the desired full size (glx_admin_image plugin? lam_dynamic_image?) and using thumb="1" as an attribute to slimbox. Might be too much work though.

Alternatively I could add an option or (if I can figure out the best logic and not make it too confusing) enhance the thumb attribute such that you can decide whether you display the thumbnail and/or the full size image as either the thumb or the full size pic! Let me know if this sounds useful.

I want to take the fullsize image and scale it down using css (because I am an idiot) and use it as a thumbnail.

I assume you don’t mind the resulting degradation in quality… or is that the idea? If you are doing it for image obfuscation or copyright reasons you may be interested in smd_watermark which I’m going to start work on Any Day Soon TM… I hope.

#443 2008-03-30 03:17:23

fangonk

Yeah yeah, I know image quality sucks with CSS resize. I was just being lazy. I solved my problem by using the hak article image plugin to assign extra images to each article. That way I can display different images in different places.

#444 2008-04-01 13:27:00

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

I know it’s been a long time, but I finally got round to revamping smd_slimbox to v0.3.

It’s not quite the all-singing, all-dancing mod I had hoped (see smd_gallery for that) but it’s significant in that I back-ported some of the cooler functionality from smd_gallery while retaining as much slimbox-ability as possible.

Some stuff has inevitably changed which means you may have to revisit your tags after upgrading, but I’ve tried to keep annoyances to the minimum. They key changes are subcats and thumb; the other changes will either issue warnings or are converted internally for now.

The new features:

• Supports glz_custom_fields for even greater flexibility (currently requires a small mod to publish.php but it’s worth it). Many thanks to gerhard for graciously helping me out with his plugin; it is amazing and I’m building that shrine I promised ;-)
  • After overwhelming support from the poll, smd_slimbox_inc has been banished. If you use it, a warning will be issued. Thanks to all who took part
  • Removal of smd_slimbox_inc and libcheck has enabled support for Slimbox, Lightbox, Litebox, Moonbox, Thickbox and perhaps some more besides. Just include your favourite library on the page, check their instructions, give slimbox the necessary details and you’re away
  • catlabel has been removed. With more ? and ! article field codes now available, and the ability to combine them (e.g. ?s-?c) you can now perform the same function as catlabel by using category="article-?id"
  • subcats improved. Now takes an integer “level” that specifies how far down the tree to go. For the same behaviour as before, use subcats="all"
  • showalt/showcaption/altclass/captionclass/textpos have been removed. Use thumbtext, thumbtextwrap and thumbtextclass instead
  • orderby is now called sort in line with other TXP tags, and takes a space-delimited direction modifier instead of the old colon delimiter. orderby is still supported for now and will automatically be converted to the new sort tag but will issue a warning in production/debug modes
  • thumb has changed to allow you to specify whether the full-size image and/or the thumbnail are displayed using the ‘t’ image or not. So you can now swap thumbnail and full-size if you wish, or make them show identical images (thanks fangonk)
  • trigger added. This defaults to “lightbox-” which is what slimbox uses in the rel attribute of the anchors. Other libraries may use other words to identify themselves, so this allows you to modify the string to suit
  • delim added. If you don’t like using a comma as a delimiter, change it. Set delim="|" if using checkboxes and multi-selects with glz_custom_fields
  • navwraptag added so the navigation block can be wrapped in a different tag to the images
  • linkclass added so you can specify a separate class for the image anchors if you wish (thanks marios)

It requires an update to smd_lib v0.32. Note that if you use smd_fuzzy_find you will need to update that as well.

The slimbox plugin help has been revised and (hopefully) shrunk a tad or made clearer. So take it for a spin [ gzipped version ] and let me know how you get on with it.

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

Board footer