Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2007-02-19 21:27:15

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

colak

My diagnostics say that “clean_url_data_failed” but the urls actually work in the front end.

Does that happen without the MLP installed?

Also in the Renditions tab the “view” link does not link to the localised text…
What I have done: I have a localised text whose url is …/el/587/abstraction-gr whereas the original text is on …/587/abstraction. The url linking from the “view” link points to …/587/abstraction-gr resulting in a 404…

Thanks for pointing that out.

feature request
I would find the <txp:l10n_lang_list"/> more useful if It would just show the alternative languages ie. If I am in the english site to show greek and turkish (i know it’s not a supported language yet)…

One other person has contacted me with this problem and it should be very easy to do using a simple CSS rule.

Try adding .l10n_current { display: none; } (or similar) to your stylesheet to make the current language list item non-visible.

Steve

#98 2007-02-19 23:08:35

marios
Archived Plugin Author

colak wrote

(i know it’s not a supported language yet)

The translation is a snap with the PACK from the search-tab. The only thing you need is a translator.
( Downside is, that’s no documentation yet)

I think within 2 weeks, you can get it done.

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2007-02-19 23:09:29)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#99 2007-02-20 06:01:03

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

net-carver wrote:

Does that happen without the MLP installed?

nope but it might be a problem with my setup. I guess I have to wait until I have a live site before persuing this

One other person has contacted me with this problem and it should be very easy to do using a simple CSS rule.
Try adding .l10n_current { display: none; } (or similar) to your stylesheet to make the current language list item non-visible.

The css rule will do:)

marios wrote:

The only thing you need is a translator.

Yep. that’s the million dollar observation

Last edited by colak (2007-02-20 06:02:34)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#100 2007-02-21 19:31:57

jmk

very nice plugin! i was waiting for that a long time…

now, i am playing around with it and have a quick question:

is it possible (and if so, how) to display all, or more than one rendition of an article on the same page at the same time?

thanks again for this fine plugin/mod

jmk

Last edited by jmk (2007-02-23 10:07:58)

#101 2007-02-23 00:10:46

sbonzix

1 – I get “clean_url_data_failed” under diagnostic (clean urls seem to work fine though) – which I didn’t get before installing MLP.

2 – I get the MySql privileges error message which many others seem to get

3 – txp tags don’t get parsed in my textiled renditions (while they do get parsed in articles written in the main language using textile)

Everything else is cool

PHP: 4.4.4
MySQL: 5.0.27-standard-log
Locale: it_IT.UTF-8

#102 2007-02-23 16:59:36

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

jmk

Thanks for the feedback.

is it possible (and if so, how) to display all, or more than one rendition of an article on the same page at the same time?

Not at present.

If that were to happen, would you also want to be able to view them one rendition at a time too (perhaps in another section of the site?) Also, how should comments be handled in this case? At present each translation is totally segregated, comments included, but having a page with multiple renditions; would that need a merged comment stream too?

These things would need some thought before any movement were made toward this as a feature request.

Stefano

I’ve emailed you a new version to address your second issue, please let me know how it goes. I haven’t seen issue 3 yet.

—Edit—

Re Issue 3: The <txp:permlink> you were reporting as not working in the article bodies seem to work fine for me.

Last edited by net-carver (2007-02-23 20:49:35)

Steve

#103 2007-02-23 22:58:44

jmk

thanks for your reply.

the site i am working on is along the lines of http://wellstyled.com/about.html. it is also more or less static – i have completely switched off the comment functionality.
does that answer your questions.

thanks again,
jmk

#104 2007-02-23 23:13:38

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Hello jmk,

the site i am working on is along the lines of http://wellstyled.com/about.html. it is also more or less static – i have completely switched off the comment functionality.

If it’s only for a single article or a top-level page (basically static) you could take one of these approaches…

1. Use an article … Go to the write tab and write up the body to include all the translated text you need — all within one body section — and publish it. Then clone that new rendition to each language you want and again publish each one. Now your about text is visible across all languages but at the cost of some duplication (BTW, I plan to address this duplication issue when possible so that the article table can include links to existing renditions so that they can be re-used across many languages.)
  2. Static section containing all the text (not really recommended but possible) … create a new page for the about section and put the copy (in all languages) straight in the page.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by net-carver (2007-02-23 23:14:09)

Steve

#105 2007-02-24 07:49:27

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

jmk

I might be wrong for this but I don’t know if it is advisable as the character encoding in the head of the document can only determine one language for the page. If there are two languages in the body of that page there may be a confusion in some browsers/search engines/etc.

Last edited by colak (2007-02-24 07:49:53)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#106 2007-02-24 13:26:55

lee

Steve, when a section is renamed the article(s) associated with it stop displaying. Only by re saving the article will it re appear.

#107 2007-02-24 22:04:28

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

lee wrote:

Steve, when a section is renamed the article(s) associated with it stop displaying. Only by re saving the article will it re appear.

Found and fixed in 0.6.595 — you’ll have to wait a few days for this to go on the website though :O)

Steve

#108 2007-02-25 20:12:21

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

All

Just posted build 0.6.597 on the Pack’s homepage. This should fix the client 500 Internal Server Errors some of you were getting with the Pack on CGI/FastCGI platforms — or blank output pages if you run php as an Apache module. Sorry, it would have been sooner but Dreamhost (my sites’ host) has been down for hours and I only just regained access.

Steve

Board footer