Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2007-02-16 01:09:48

Danw
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

Just a heads up, another place where it’s not appending /en/ or /jp/ or whatever to links is on the “View” button to the right of the post subject on previously posted articles.

Also, regarding access levels: what level of publishing priveledges do you require before you are allowed to clone articles and assign them to people?

-d

#74 2007-02-16 01:18:44

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Dan

thanks for the info. Yes, you are right, language marker injection is missing from that link.

You currently need Publisher or managing editor rights to clone.

Steve

#75 2007-02-16 17:43:10

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

With the new version I get this when I access to the wizard:

Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘’ at line 1 SHOW GRANTS; in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/txp/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 117

The I can’t run the wizard for missing privilege. But the user do have the privileges. Uhm. What can I check?

Z-

#76 2007-02-16 18:39:29

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Zanza

Do you have a pre 4.1.2 version of MySQL?

If so, can you try editing the /lib/l10n_admin_classes.php file and change line 4460 from…

$sql = “SHOW GRANTS;”;

to…

$sql = “SHOW GRANTS FOR ‘$user’@’”.$txpcfg[‘host’].”’;”;

Looks like pre 4.1.2 MySQL doesn’t accept the simple form.

Please let me know if that fixes it for you.

Last edited by net-carver (2007-02-16 18:39:53)

Steve

#77 2007-02-17 00:10:48

lee

The Articles column in the MLP tab is not updated if the primary language article title changes.

#78 2007-02-17 11:12:12

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

net-carver wrote:

*Zanza*Do you have a pre 4.1.2 version of MySQL?

Yes.

If so, can you try editing the /lib/l10n_admin_classes.php file and change line 4460 from… $sql = “SHOW GRANTS;”; to… $sql = “SHOW GRANTS FOR ‘$user’@’”.$txpcfg[‘host’].”’;”;

Now the error message disappear, but still the wizard tell me that the user doesn’t have all privileges on localhost and that wizard can’t run. :-(

I checked once more in my control panel, and the user does have all privileges. The only thing I noted is that the user has privileges on the specific database name, while your plugin is checking on ‘localhost’. I tried manually change this, but with no luck.

Don’t know if this could be a issue.

Z.

#79 2007-02-17 13:09:15

guiguibonbon

Same problem as Zanza over here. Going to check what could be happening too. Steve, about the section issue and concerning your email, i’ve changed everything, so there’s not much use in sending the dump of my txp_section table. I’ll try to reproduce it in a while, when i’ll have a bit less urging work.

#80 2007-02-17 13:25:21

guiguibonbon

Ok, I did the following:

• skipped the can_install() function by having it returning “true” whatever happens

Result :

Many more points succeed in the wizard than previously, but not all yet. Points that fail : 1.1 , 1.2, 5.6 -> 5.9, 5.15 -> 5.22, 6

It also gives this error :

A problem occured while loading the plugin: l10n -> User_Warning: Table ‘promateria_be.abc_l10n_articles’ doesn’t exist
insert into abc_l10n_articles set `names`=‘First Post’, `members`=‘a:1:{s:5:“en-gb”;s:1:“1”;}’ on line 117

which makes sense since it failed at installing that table.

UPDATE: I made the SQL query about the privileges, which tells me the user has all privileges. Conclusion : I guess there both are erros in the can_install() function and in the wizard, e.g. the failures in the wizard are not due to unsufficient privileges. I’ll keep digging into it.

UPDATE II: I think I have the can_install error; see there’s something i don’t get in the whole process. Once it reaches the check_row() function, in my cases the row says “ GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `[db]`.* TO ‘[user]’@‘localhost’ “. The function performs all sorts of tests on it if “GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES” is not foud, but there’s no else {}. Shouldn’t it be something like :

if( false === strpos( $row , ‘GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES’ ) ) {…} else return true;

?? I’m not getting how this only occurs with me and Zanza though. But hey, I haven’t ever worked with mysql privileges, so I’m not really the one to know.

UPDATE III: Regarding wizard step 1.1 & 1.2: it’s still that good’ol charset problem. I’ve run the query manually, even with the correct charset (latin1 in my case) – it doesn’t accept it. I just stripped it, it now works of course. Going to check what’s up with the other steps.

UPDATE IV: It now says step 3 doesn’t work, I guess that’s because it’s done already.

UPDATE V: Right… well basicaly all errors came down to the charset problem again. I just made the charset function to return ‘’; the wizard still indicated errors, but by now that was all due to the steps already having been done. I closed my browser, then restarted it and reconnected, the plugin was working, yet again with the article tab and rendition tab not working. Deja-vu. I’m now going to do a new install, and empty out those bugging functions from the beginning, just to make shure if the two misfunctioning tabs are due to a bad install or are real bugs.

UPDATA VI: Real bug. Install went brilliantly, tabs still not rendering.

Last edited by guiguibonbon (2007-02-17 15:54:39)

#81 2007-02-17 15:50:49

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Zanza

Now the error message disappear, but still the wizard tell me that the user doesn’t have all privileges on localhost and that wizard can’t run. :-(

Ok. What privilage does it say is missing? Can you email me the installer message that appears for you?

The only thing I noted is that the user has privileges on the specific database name, while your plugin is checking on ‘localhost’. I tried manually change this, but with no luck.

That ‘localhost’ is the machine running the MySQL server, not the particular DB in question.

The check routine will then parse all the returned privilages until it finds the ones for the DB that TxP is using and check those so it should find your privilages ok.

For now you could go down the same route as guiguibonbon and try overriding this check and see what happens. To do that just change line 4335 of l10n_admin_classes,php from…

$can_setup_cleanup = $this->can_install();

to…

$can_setup_cleanup = true;

Steve

#82 2007-02-17 15:58:02

guiguibonbon

Zanza:

and afterwards go to line 92 in l10n_base.php and replace

return $result;

to

return ‘’;

Last edited by guiguibonbon (2007-02-17 15:58:18)

#83 2007-02-17 15:59:53

guiguibonbon

Steve:

where are the functions for rendering the write tab? I’m going to comment out pieces of code one by one to see where the problem is.

Last edited by guiguibonbon (2007-02-17 16:04:12)

#84 2007-02-17 16:04:47

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

guiguibonbon

I’ll email them over to you.

Last edited by net-carver (2007-02-17 16:05:12)

Steve

Board footer