Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#2245 2013-08-25 08:41:39

mikulas

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

Bloke wrote:

For anyone experiencing the article edits not saving (jens31, Axel, wornout, Teemu, pretty much anyone…) I apologise wholeheartedly for my stupidity. In the process of fixing Kjeld’s strange buffering issue I was inadvertently too heavy-handed and broke the saving ability so article renditions don’t get updated upon Save (but Publish is fine, as everyone has noticed).
bq. I’ve applied a slightly modified patch to a local install and on Teemu’s server and it has restored the saving ability. I have asked Kjeld if he wouldn’t mind testing it also to see if it still works on his server without re-introducing the errors he had previously. Kjeld’s very busy so that might take a few days, but providing it works I’ll update the Github master at that time. If not it’ll be a bit of back-and-forth form server to server until I find a fix that works in all situations.
In the meantime, for those that aren’t plagued with the ‘Form cannot be submitted’ error, the fix is simple: just undo the edits I made. Simplest thing for now is to comment out the return ''; on Line 18 of lib/l10n_admin.php like this:
if ($app_mode === 'async') {
// return '';
}
That will restore saving ability until I can get an official fix for the bad fix.
Incidentally, if anybody else has the ‘Form cannot be submitted’ error and the latest Github version installed (with or without the above return statement commented out) feel free to get in touch and I’ll see if I can figure out why it’s not working. It might require me to have access to your server (a Txp login, possibly an FTP login as well if you don’t mind so I can upload any MLP files) but I’d like to try and get this sorted for everyone, so the more installations I can test it on, the more confident I can be that it works. Thanks.
Again, very sorry for the screw up and the fact it’s taken me so long to attend to it. Between the day job and not being in my house for three weeks while work was being carried out, Internet access has been a little haphazard.

Thanks Stef. Now everything works perfectly.

#2246 2013-08-26 10:24:42

jens31
Plugin Author
Website

yo

saving works again. thanks bloke!!
one thing: i downloaded latest github stuff, but there were no .txt plugin files, just the raw stuff. i used those and it works now. (commented out the return ''..)

thank you!!
jnz

#2247 2013-08-27 15:10:26

gfdesign

Bloke wrote:

Erm, well spotted. That search feature isn’t very good is it! I’ll add that to the list of things to fix/improve.

I’ll look forward. That should be very useful :D
Many thanks

#2248 2013-08-28 10:11:00

hildebruns

Hello

i have a strange problem on site E-Speicher”. If i change the front-end Language (especially from DE to EN), sometimes i get a 404. After refreshing the site is shown correctly.

#2249 2013-08-28 11:06:56

uli

hildebruns wrote:

If i change the front-end Language (especially from DE to EN), sometimes i get a 404. After refreshing the site is shown correctly.

Even weirder: Some pages don’t change language (I’ve seen that in “Lösungen”, all the pages ending in Storage). But after refreshing these pages the English version is displayed.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#2250 2013-08-28 11:22:17

hildebruns

Even weirder: Some pages don’t change language (I’ve seen that in “Lösungen”, all the pages ending in Storage). But after refreshing these pages the English version is displayed.

If I delete all cookies and empty the cache, I can not display the English articles and the page doesn’t change the langueage at all. After a reload, the article will be always displayed in english version. Is it something with the cookies?

Last edited by hildebruns (2013-08-28 11:22:57)

#2251 2013-09-02 08:49:21

jens31
Plugin Author
Website

kienes schrieb:

2nd i set up a 4.5.0 with versioning and mlp wich leads mit to following alert box:
Internal error “Array to string conversion”.
the error is caused by _initiate_callbacks in l10n_admin_classes and could be removed by imploding the return value of the function … is that a proper solution, or do i miss smthg?

@els had the same problem at the beginning … use this file … don’t know where i got it from …
http://pastie.org/4656059
i hope this helps

… whatever i said … wrong …
its a problem of the xampp version … if you run 1.7.3 everything is fine on 1.8.0 i get the errors …

i have the same problem, but not on xamp, but on a regular shared 1and1 hosting. php 5.4.19, mysql 5.1.71-log, txp 4.5.4 (r4919), l10n-4.5.2, gbp_admin_library-0.4.2
everytime i enter the mlp tab or switch inside the mlp tabs, i get this alert box.

any ideas?

#2252 2013-09-02 09:49:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jens31 wrote:

everytime i enter the mlp tab or switch inside the mlp tabs, i get this alert box. any ideas?

My money is on the fact that PHP 5.4 (which ships with XAMPP 1.8.0) changed the way it alerts people of code bugs which would have previously been handled silently. It now throws a notice instead, which Txp passes onto the browser.

If I can track down the line(s) of code (one of which may be the one that kienes spotted) then I’ll fix it today and let you know how to do it. I have XAMPP 1.8.0 installed locally, so should be able to test it there. Thanks for highlighting this again.

Still waiting for Kjeld to get back to me on whether the fix-for-the-fix I mentioned a few posts above works, so we’re in a weird limbo state where GitHub is the most up-to-date version, but has that known bug in it. I’m in two minds whether to just go ahead and fix it today, then worry about Kjeld’s obscure error messages later by issuing a fix-for-the-fix-for-the-fix.

Bah, software!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2253 2013-09-02 10:32:28

jens31
Plugin Author
Website

thanks for your work stef. contact me, if you need any help, testing, server access..

#2254 2013-09-02 15:22:43

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Hmmm, can’t get it to misbehave on XAMPP 1.8.0 with the latest GitHub version so either I’ve squashed it already or there’s something else amiss. jens31 and anyone else with this issue, please would you mind reporting if the issue remains or goes away with the GitHub version plus the fix proposed above. If it’s still there, any further details about which line of code is complaining (you can get that from the error logs, with luck) would be really helpful. Thanks.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2255 2013-09-02 15:27:35

jens31
Plugin Author
Website

yo are right, stef. everything is working fine. and didnt even uses the “fix from above”..
thank you for the support!!

EDIT
errr. too hasty. needed the fix, since it did not save my changes.. now it does.

Last edited by jens31 (2013-09-02 15:31:25)

#2256 2013-09-02 17:11:38

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Bloke wrote:

Still waiting for Kjeld to get back to me on whether the fix-for-the-fix I mentioned a few posts above works, so we’re in a weird limbo state where GitHub is the most up-to-date version, but has that known bug in it. I’m in two minds whether to just go ahead and fix it today, then worry about Kjeld’s obscure error messages later by issuing a fix-for-the-fix-for-the-fix.

Why don’t you just use branches? Create feature branch, test it, if its okay, merge it to master.

$ git checkout -b fix-cookie-error
$ git add -am "Snoop dog ate cookies?"
$ git push origin fix-cookie-error

And then merge later on:

$ git checkout fix-cookie-error
$ git merge master
$ git checkout master
$ git merge --no-ff fix-cookie-error

While at it, can you please tag versions? Without tags we can’t really consume the code base on production. We can’t know what are releases.

Board footer