Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#2053 2012-10-20 10:51:40

roughnecks

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

Bloke wrote:

OK, please try v4.5.x-v02-20121018.

Is there some demo-site to look how MLP actually works? I would like to try it but am a little scared :)
Also, which is the recommended way to uninstall MLP?

Last edited by roughnecks (2012-10-20 11:01:18)

#2054 2012-10-20 18:03:38

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

roughnecks wrote:

is there some demo-site to look how MLP actually works?

Not that I’m aware of. It’s not that scary. Nowadays you only have to replace one core file with the one in the MLP installation so it’s not that obtrusive. Keep a copy of the original file in case you ever want to uninstall…

Also, which is the recommended way to uninstall MLP?

There’s a built-in wizard which allows you to tidy up should you ever wish to remove it either partially or completely.

jstubbs

I updated the post to make it clearer.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#2055 2012-10-20 18:06:24

roughnecks

Thanks

#2056 2012-10-20 20:07:30

roughnecks

Hi again,
I’ve installed MLP and i’ve got a problem with the true_tags plugin:
in the “default” page i have

<txp:tru_tags_cloud />

witch should show the cloud in my right bar.. problem is that i can see the cloud just for the Italian section of the site, not in the English one and i can’t understand why.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#2057 2012-10-20 21:31:22

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

roughnecks

I would expect tru_tags to use core DB calls to get the keywords which should be intercepted by MLP to fetch the keywords from the currently visible front-side language in the URL. Do you mean you see absolutely no tru_tags output in the /en URLs, or do you see output, but it shows the Italian cloud?

I assume your default language / site is Italian, yes? That might have something to do with it, but at the moment I don’t know what, as I’ve never used tru_tags. Does the tru_tags plugin thread give any indication of whether it works with MLP?

Last edited by Bloke (2012-10-20 21:38:22)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#2058 2012-10-20 21:37:55

roughnecks

Bloke wrote:

Do you mean you see absolutely no tru_tags output in the /en URLs, or do you see output, but it lists the Italian cloud?

I see no output at all.

I assume your default language / site is Italian, yes? That might have something to do with it, but at the moment I don’t know what, as I’ve never used tru_tags. Does the tru_tags plugin thread give any indication of whether it works with MLP?

Yes, default is set to Italian; i tried searching for some possible related problems but found nothing interesting in regard.

#2059 2012-10-20 21:46:07

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

roughnecks wrote:

I see no output at all.

OK, as a test then, go to the tru_tags code, find the function called tru_tags_cloud_query (it’s about 1/5 of the way thru the code in the version I have). About 15 lines of code inside that function is this line:

$rs = safe_rows("$tags_field", "textpattern", "$tags_field <> ''" . $section_clause . $filter . " and Status >= '4' and Posted < now()");

Change it to this by adding ,1 to the end:

$rs = safe_rows("$tags_field", "textpattern", "$tags_field <> ''" . $section_clause . $filter . " and Status >= '4' and Posted < now()", 1);

When you refresh you’ll see a splurge of debug output, which should include the query used to get the tags. My guess is that it’ll be targeting the wrong language or the section will be incorrectly set as ‘en’ or something like that. In which case, the tru_tags URL handler needs to be fixed to understand MLP format. Might be wrong, just a hunch based on 20 seconds inside the code.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-10-20 21:46:32)

#2060 2012-10-20 22:09:40

roughnecks

Bloke

lol, sorry for the mess: i had translated just a few pages, so the tags weren’t showing up :-)
As soon as i started updating the site i saw the tags_cloud being populated.

Thanks and good job with MLP, i’m actually enjoing it.
Cheers

#2061 2012-10-21 11:47:03

roughnecks

Good morning,
i have a little issue now with links in sidebar: from my site you can reach some other locations which are part of the same domain, i.e. i am using the “userdir Apache module” and have resources like http://my.site.tld/~users ..
What is happening now is that all the links are rewrited as http://my.site.tld/it/~users and http://my.site.tld/en/~users: is there a way to fix this?

Thank You

#2062 2012-10-21 12:41:08

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

roughnecks wrote:

http://my.site.tld/~users ..

Home dir syntax is kind of like a subdir. From memory, MLP doesn’t officially support subdirectories. This may be incorrect now (I haven’t checked) but the fact your URLs are being rewritten in that way suggests this is the case.

I don’t know of a workaround at present (anyone else?). The URL handling of MLP — perhaps in conjunction with some core assistance — needs a bit of a rethink.

#2063 2012-10-21 12:47:19

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

all

I’ve put my current branch of MLP under git so if anyone wants the lastest bleeding edge code for a 4.5.x site, that’s where to find it. Only a couple of commits so far to fix minor visual things; nothing too drastic to worry about yet.

Feel free to hash stuff out here in the forum as usual, or raise issues on the issue tracker. I guess some of the outstanding problems from Steve’s repo would be prime candidates, but then again perhaps it’s best to start afresh here? Apologies if you’ve raised a long-standing issue and it needs raising again. When I get a moment, I may go through all the open issues on Steve’s master branch and see if any need copying across.

P.S. if anybody wants to be added as a collaborator to the project, get in touch. Could always do with the extra hands.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-10-21 13:06:00)

#2064 2012-10-21 13:15:39

roughnecks

Bloke

I solved with some Redirect permanent rules in my .htaccess, at least for now.
I’ll keep following this thread.

See You.

Board footer