Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1705 2011-02-15 06:28:34

Teemu

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

My production status is set to ‘live’ and I get notices with a red font on the front end top.

I just noticed that with status to set to ‘testing’ similar red notices appear also on back end. So status ‘live’ seem to remove the notices from back end but not front end.

I have toggled the settings, re-installed MLP… the problem persists.

#1706 2011-02-15 19:17:23

frischmilch
Website

Hello,

I recently noticed a problem with <txp:site_url />.

In the standard comment_form <form action=”… the URL for the post action (comming through txp:site_url) does not contain the language prefix /de or /en. it just begins with the textpattern-url-scheme /section/id.

During comment_preview the site_url points then to my /favicon.ico wich gives totally wrong results when posting a comment (in fact, the browser asks me to download the favicon).

I am curious, because I could not find anything about this through google and wondering if that is a known problem?

• using textpattern 4.30
  • Had the same results/problem with MLP 0.9.13-gp with additional tweaks and the mlp-4.3.0.12 wich I am currently on.

any ideas?

—Johannes Henseler
—nordsueddesign.de

#1707 2011-02-15 21:42:20

els

frischmilch wrote:

I recently noticed a problem with <txp:site_url />.

In the standard comment_form <form action=”… the URL for the post action (comming through txp:site_url)…

Where do you see that? As far as I know it’s not in the default comment_form (or maybe the one there is not up to date?)

…does not contain the language prefix /de or /en. it just begins with the textpattern-url-scheme /section/id.

That’s right, but commenting still works.

During comment_preview the site_url points then to my /favicon.ico wich gives totally wrong results when posting a comment (in fact, the browser asks me to download the favicon).

That is very strange. When I click ‘preview’ the URL loses the language marker, and adds #cpreview to the end. I do have a favicon.ico, but I can’t reproduce the error. How are you linking to the favicon.ico on your page?

#1708 2011-02-15 23:43:44

els

Teemu wrote:

I was wondering if replacing all deprecated calls would be a relatively simple task or requires complete rewrite.

I hope someone else can answer this question for you, I’m afraid I have no idea…

#1709 2011-02-16 01:08:12

frischmilch
Website

Els, thank you for your quick and comprehensive answer!

Where do you see that? As far as I know it’s not in the default comment_form (or maybe the one there is not up to date?)

the comment_form wraps the actual form inside a <form> tag with the described action. I thought the lost language tag was a hint for an error.

That is very strange. When I click ‘preview’ the URL loses the language marker, and adds #cpreview to the end. I do have a favicon.ico, but I can’t reproduce the error. How are you linking to the favicon.ico on your page?

here is the solution. I reffered to the favicon with a “/favicon.ico” in the link rel head tag. an absolute path www.domain.com/favicon.com solved this: the site_url never gets confused.
so it is obviously a strange server/textpattern-issue.

thank you, Els. this resolved a headache for me.

—Johannes Henseler
—nordsueddesign.de

#1710 2011-02-16 07:00:25

Teemu

Els, thanks for noticing anyways.

Digging deeper I came up with a solution. The problem originates from the ‘Use browser “accept-language” headers?’ setting in the MLP preferences.

So if someone gets notices about deprecated split() functions with PHP 5.3.x, setting this to ‘no’ will get rid of them.

However, in my case I wanted to keep using language headers, so what I did is edited the l10n plugin code slightly.

There’s two ‘split’ funtions, in line 237 and 242, which I replaced with ‘explode’. I’m not a php coder, by no means, but this seems to be working.

#1711 2011-02-16 08:24:11

els

Teemu, thanks for posting your solution. I hope it will help others who encounter the same problem.

frischmilch, glad you solved it. I think that losing the language marker when commenting is not as it should be, but so far I haven’t noticed any negative side effects, so we’ll just have to live with it ;)

#1712 2011-02-16 23:07:15

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Teemu

Noted, thanks. Will be included in the next build.

Steve

#1713 2011-03-03 18:40:44

Manaus
Website

Hello,
I wrote a series of articles before installing the MLP. Now I’d like to pass these articles to different languages, but the MLP table is empty.

Thank you very much

#1714 2011-03-03 19:49:33

els

It shouldn’t be empty as far as I know. Did you follow these instructions when you installed MLP?

Last edited by els (2011-03-03 19:50:30)

#1715 2011-03-04 10:10:01

Manaus
Website

Thanks Els, run the cleanup wizard, then installed back, and now it’s ok. ;)

#1716 2011-03-04 11:17:26

Manaus
Website

Hello again,
I’m trying to make some links to the different language homepages, as l10n_lang_list would, but with images. I’m hacking with code such as

<a href="<txp:link_to_home />it/"><txp:image name="it.png" /></a>

but link_to_home returns already homepage.tld/it/. Is there any way to dynamically/tag link to language homepages?

Thanks for suggestions…

Board footer