Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2004-09-16 23:07:24

obeewan
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: TextilePHP -- port of Choate's "Textile 2" available

Wow!

Mayor issue. I have done my first article that when getting Textiled kicks the memory roof set for PHP.

There are some 76 rows of <ul>/<li> Textiletags, 77 headers and about the same number of paragraphs.

My host currently offers 8MB to PHP and I don’t know if this is standard or not .. But it’s an issue nontheless.

Have this happend to anyone else? Even interested in the ones using the vanilla Textile?

Plugins: ob1_advanced_search 1.032b, ob1_search_score 1.0, ob1_pagination 2.5, ob1_title 4.1, ob1_modified 2.1

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
— Sun Tzu

#38 2004-10-06 22:42:55

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ve updated TextilePHP for TXP

It’s now the latest version of TextilePHP, some bug fixes, and I changed the way I went around actually adding TextilePHP so updates will be easier. I was hoping to add SmartyPants capabilities (and the code is in there to do it), but PHP kept telling that functions were being redeclared when they didn’t. So the next version should hopefully contain smarty pants support.

#39 2004-10-06 23:07:23

hafnius
Archived Plugin Author

Hey thats cool, Greenrift
Two things
1. theres a small and probably insignificant error on line 195 where it says “Preserve Spaaces”, notice the double (a). I dont even no if is implemented.

2. whats SmartyPants, what can it do for us?
/Hafnius

– Nobody puts Baby in the corner !
Johnny Castle, Dirty Dancing

#40 2004-10-07 03:29:20

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

could you tell me a little more about the error? Like is it just a regular PHP error that is showing up, or something else? I thought I turned error reporting to a really low level (because there was a bunch of “variable undefinied” notices and stuff when report everything), but anyways.

“SmartyPants easily translates plain ASCII punctuation characters into “smart

#41 2004-10-07 14:45:36

hafnius
Archived Plugin Author

i should have explained this more carefully, Greenrift. I am not getting any errors – i am merely pointing out the typo. Thats way i thougt it was not implemented cuz typos normally cause php errors. Hope this is clear. Sorry if i scared you ;)
And thanx for the link on Smartypants
/Hafnius

#42 2004-10-08 03:18:00

Cantide
Website

Rockin’ update greenrift!:)

#43 2004-10-08 21:01:44

backspaces
Website

Greenrift: Thanks a bundle! Very clean design too.

I had almost decided to give up on textile .. great idea but I kept finding cases where it failed. I was getting ready to use pure html instead!

So stumbled upon your stunt and wow! Works really well and textilePHP is a very nicely thought out upgrade.

Owen

#44 2004-10-08 22:07:28

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I added SmartyPants support

That’s the only thing that has changed though. The support is optional, so if you want to remove SmartyPants just delete smartypants.php.

PHP SmartyPants is what I’m using, original SmartyPants info is available here.

#45 2004-10-14 18:33:21

hafnius
Archived Plugin Author

I cant seem to make the smartypants to work. Word ads some quotes that are not getting transformed by the smartypants. Dont i have to inc. the file somehow to make it work?
/Hafnius

#46 2004-10-27 05:20:41

Cantide
Website

Greenrift: it seems that this new version still ignores TXP tags. Will there be a version where it stops ignoring them, or does it not for a reason? I’m using utf-8, but unlike obeewan, it still ignores ‘em.

Also, is there any step-by-step instruction for adding your auto-acronym plugin to classTextile.php? I would love to be able to have more than one of your plugins working simultaneously.

Hafnius: SmartyPants works fine for me and I followed the instructions exactly. Is there some leftover in your TXP from your last round o’ hax that could be interfering?

Last edited by Cantide (2004-10-27 06:21:37)

#47 2004-10-28 03:29:31

greenrift
Archived Plugin Author
Website

You say that it ignores TXP tags, like txp:image and stuff? I’ll look into it, shouldn’t be terribly difficult to fix.

The auto acronym plugin won’t be added to my Textile2 class, and thats because Textile2 would require a lot of time, energy, headaches and mountain dew to figure out and add auto acronyms for. Regular textile was easy because it was all broken into nice functions with easy to read names, Textile2 is signifigantly more complex and confusing (or atleast seems so initially). Maybe in the future, or if someone wanted to figure out where exactly Textile2 handles acronyms and tell me.

Smartypants doesn’t need any additional configuration, but you will have to place the smartypants file into the textpattern/lib/ directory (where you put Textile2). Check to make sure that you’ve properly changed all the lines that call Textile.

Maybe someday I’ll write a script that searches through the current Textpattern release and SVN versions and outputs the lines that will need to be changed.

#48 2004-10-28 04:44:38

Cantide
Website

Yeah like txp:linklist.. anything I think. Just prints them as plain text. I hope it’s not just something stupid I’m doing on my setup. Thanks for the reply!

Board footer