Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2005-01-14 14:52:49

zoeglingjulian
Website

Re: mem_glinklist: Grouped Link List

I hate to bearer of bad news again, but now I get an error page saying:
“Fatal error: Call to undefined function: latts() in /www/htdocs/stahnkek/textpattern/publish.php(767) : eval()’d code on line 1119”
Line 767 in publish.php has something to do with the plugins, but I know almost nothing of php so I can’t figure out what’s done there. I don’t even know which line 1119 is meant because there’s no line 1119 in publish.php.

#98 2005-01-14 15:13:13

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

It appears I experienced a cut & paste problem when putting the code in to the plugin template. Anyone who downloaded 0.7.3, should download 0.7.4 (from the same link).

#99 2005-02-01 23:56:39

jenniferg
Website

= <txp:mem_glinklist headwraptag=“h4crumbtrail=:” crumbroot=“1” />

I hate to seem dense, but what exactly is a suppose to go in the crumbtrail=”::” quotes?

I am trying to display my links in a catagory:

Main Catagory: Subcat 1 Subcat 2

etc. I see you talk about it but I am not following the way to output it. I can get it to list the links in catagories but not in crumbtrail.

Thanks

Last edited by jenniferg (2005-02-02 00:50:42)

#100 2005-02-02 02:10:44

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

jenniferg,

the crumtrail attribute specifies how the categories will be separated. If it is “::”, then a heading would have an output similar to “Main Category::Sub Category::Sub Sub Category”.

I’m not sure what output you are looking to have, could you describe it a little bit more.

#101 2005-02-02 02:34:07

jenniferg
Website

Manfre: Ok, I think I am confusing what I want with what a breadcrumb is :)

I want to display all my links in a specific catagory. Which I can do as long as there they are in the main catagory “Parent”. The subcatagories are not showing up. I am sure it is an attribute I am not doing correctly or identifying in the right way.

Jen

#102 2005-02-16 20:08:26

The Safety Inspector
Website

Just installed this plugin to play around with it a bit, it looks really cool. Quick question for anybody who cares to answer: Can this plugin be used to display all child categories of a specific parent? Like, if I have two parent categories each with 5 child categories, and I want to display all of the child categories within only one of those parents, can this help me do that? Thanks for any suggestions!

#103 2005-02-16 20:10:24

The Safety Inspector
Website

PS – This is in regard to “link” categories, not article categories.

#104 2005-02-19 20:53:24

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

I’m experimenting with your plugin on a friend’s site on
http://www.armidapublications.com/en/
What I would like to achieve is a kind of submenu. ie under the ‘books’ category to have a glinklist of books by genre. The publisher of the site is not web savvy, so would like to make it as simple as possible.
My questions.
1. is it possible with this plugin to click on a ‘link category’ heading and for that link to lead to a page listing the list of links under thet link category?
2. is it possible to achive this with the use of one permanent form and one template?
3. For the life of me I just can’t figure it out.

Last edited by colak (2005-02-20 09:27:15)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#105 2005-04-12 08:49:07

nils73
Website

This plugin is really impressive, Manfre! I have to admit that it can do almost everything I wanted to do with it. Except for one thing and I am not sure if it will ever be able to handle this:

Some visitors might want to submit their links and it would be great to have a form where they could enter link, title and description and submit it for review. Right now I am going to use it “as is” and have my visitors submit the links by E-Mail.

If anybody has a good idea how to achieve this, let me know.

Regards,
Nils

#106 2005-04-18 19:17:54

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

jenniferg, post the tag attributes if you are still having a problem.

Safety Inspector, included in this plugin is a tag mem_categories that accepts 2 attributes. Form, which is a txp form name and type, which is the type of category that you wish to list. It currently does not support starting with a specific category—it lists all categories in name order.

colak, this is sorta possible. There is limited support using mem_categories to create the list of category links, and then using mem_glinklist without specifying the category attribute so it pulls from the url. This only supports messy urls, and the links it create point back to the the root of your txp install.

nils, TXP only supports moderation for comments (on the global scope). A status field would be needed for links to allow for moderation. A admin side plugin to approve links would be needed, in addition to a client side form that will submit links for moderation. I will be doing a lot of work involving community submitted content and moderation in the coming months. I’ll post when I have something.

#107 2005-04-18 22:57:42

Jeremie
Website

> Manfre wrote:

> I will be doing a lot of work involving community submitted content and moderation in the coming months. I’ll post when I have something.

That’s a very good news Manfre.

#108 2005-04-19 11:14:36

alicson
Website

> Manfre wrote:

> I will be doing a lot of work involving community submitted content and moderation in the coming months. I’ll post when I have something.

that is really very good news. :)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

Board footer