You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2005-01-11 05:14:14

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Re: mem_glinklist: Grouped Link List

> cojitza wrote:
> it works! Thankx!
> How can i use for all my category? Without naming the category?

Can’t yet. For now, you’ll have to name the categories. I’ll add this feature back in soon enough.

#86 2005-01-11 22:41:56

nardo

manfre, this is your friendly neighbourhood mem_glinklist stalker… bumping the request for categories divided (roughly evenly) into n columns…

so if u got 8 categories and you specify 3 columns, output is three divs with 3, 3 and 2 categories + links respectively…

where I’m using your plugin: <a href=“http://www.firecorner.com/link”>http://www.firecorner.com/link</a>

currently floating boxes containing individual category + links, but would prefer to float 3 divs…

hope that makes sense – I think this would be a useful feature for others too

cheers nyc

Last edited by nardo (2005-01-11 22:45:04)

#87 2005-01-11 22:54:59

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

nardo,

I don’t that feature will make it in. What you are requesting is already possible with CSS (as you have shown). Another way to get the behaviour you are looking for would be to use 1 txp:mem_glinklist tag per column desired and specify the columns that will be placed in that column.

#88 2005-01-12 00:11:57

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Blimey Manfre. This one’s getting a bit complex. :grin: Anyway I just upgraded from 0.5 to 0.7.1 (missed some somewhere) and other than renaming my CSS classes it’s all working just as fine as it did yesterday thanks.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#89 2005-01-12 19:29:12

zoeglingjulian
Website

Thanks for this great plugin, but could someone please post version 0.5 again as the new one messed things up big time? I can’t seem to get <pre>
<code><ul> and <li> etc.</pre>
</code> anymore, just divs… or does anybody know how to get unordered lists again? And I don’t want the links to LOOK like they’re in a list but rather BE in a list. Quite important ;)

Last edited by zoeglingjulian (2005-01-12 19:38:10)

#90 2005-01-12 22:59:55

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

The latest version (0.7.2) has been posted.

I added attributes to the tag to allow changing of the various wrap tags and associated CSS classes (listwraptag, listclass, headwraptag, headclass, columnwraptag, columnclass). listwraptag is for each list, not the tag that goes around all lists. Each wraptag defaults to “div”, and the class defaults are “mem_list”, “mem_list_head”, and “mem_list_column” (so those who were happy with 0.7 shouldn’t have to change anything).

#91 2005-01-12 23:11:34

zoeglingjulian
Website

First, big thanks for your quick reply!

The
<pre><code>
<div class=“mem_list”>
</code></pre>
is not closed.

Also the headwraptag, in my case a h3, is placed inside the listwraptag, which is an ul. That’s not quite valid.
And the columnwraptag is also placed inside the listwraptag (a div in an ul). Could you perhaps provide an option to turn off unwanted tags? Or, as much as I admire your efforts, post the 0.5 version for me which did just what I needed?

Greatings Julian

Last edited by zoeglingjulian (2005-01-12 23:19:42)

#92 2005-01-12 23:23:51

zoeglingjulian
Website

Okay, I must admit that I could just leave the listwraptag away and use the columnwraptag for my ul, but that still leaves the open div class=“mem_list”.
And if you leave the category-thing away or empty, no links are shown whereas the helptext says that all categories should be shown.
EDIT: Found out, the div class=“men_list” appears two times, that’s the problem.

Last edited by zoeglingjulian (2005-01-12 23:31:04)

#93 2005-01-13 00:58:54

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

Sorry about that. I missed that while changing things over. I really need to stop doing “quick fixes”. Redownload and there shouldn’t be anymore problems.

Disclaimer: This is the last “quick fix” for today. Once I get home, I will do more validation.

Last edited by Manfre (2005-01-13 00:59:34)

#94 2005-01-13 06:53:56

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

> zoeglingjulian wrote:

Okay, I must admit that I could just leave the listwraptag away and use the columnwraptag for my ul, but that still leaves the open div class=“mem_list”.
And if you leave the category-thing away or empty, no links are shown whereas the helptext says that all categories should be shown.
EDIT: Found out, the div class=“men_list” appears two times, that’s the problem.

> manfre wrote
>> cojitza wrote:
>> it works! Thankx!
>> How can i use for all my category? Without naming the category?

> Can’t yet. For now, you’ll have to name the categories. I’ll add this
> feature back in soon enough.

The extra div has been removed, and it doesn’t appear that I have broken anything else.

To remove the columnwrap tags, set tag attribute to columnwraptag=”“ (empty). The same works for the other wrap tags.

Another option to using &lt;ul&gt; tags, is to wrap the individual links in the template with a div and style=“display: list-item; text-indent: 1em;” since it works nicely with unordered lists (I do this for my links page). I’ve had problems with a CSS solution for mimicing numeric list items.

Last edited by Manfre (2005-01-13 06:55:03)

#95 2005-01-13 22:03:54

zoeglingjulian
Website

Thanks a lot, everything working great now!

#96 2005-01-14 05:50:27

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

> Manfre wrote:
>
>> cojitza wrote:
>> it works! Thankx!
>> How can i use for all my category? Without naming the category?
>
> Can’t yet. For now, you’ll have to name the categories. I’ll add this
> feature back in soon enough.

Version 0.7.3 is posted with the following changes:
  • Specifying category=”“ will (once again) use all categories
  • Added (optional) attribute sortbycat — Specifies whether the categories will be sorted. Default is “0” (disabled).

Board footer