Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-11-18 17:45:15

Destry
Website

Re: [wiki] Textbook Upgrades week of Nov. 13th

I think I figured it out. I resaved the sidebar page (all our changes were still there they just were not showing up) and then everything went back to normal,

Ah, I think I know what’s happening there, if I understand you right, and if so then this is just normal MW behavior. I’ve noted for a couple of versions now that when I make an edit to the sidebar, add/remove/change link(s), the change does not reflect for me until I logout and relogin again. I’m sure it reflects fine to everyone else, but as the admin making the change, you have to reset a session to see it yourself. Maybe that was it. Stupid, but that’s the way it’s been working in the past. Took me a couple times to figure that one out.

#14 2006-11-18 18:07:36

jakob
Admin
Website

Re: [wiki] Textbook Upgrades week of Nov. 13th

hakjoon: if you need a hand understanding the German, just let me know but it’s not all that interesting. The sidebar shows up in the FF sidebar exactly as you see it in the area marked “vorschau” (preview).
The self-html sidebar is much more complex than is required for txp as it shows HTML/CSS/JS and a couple of others and links to various articles depending upon whether it’s the description (b) or attribute (a), reference ® or w3c-spec (w)…

For TXP all you’d need is the list of tags with a link to the relevant textbook entry and to make it open in the main content window of the browser. If you want to get really keen, you could make a second tab with other important txp articles or a tab with common plug-in tags…

I used to use the word extract of the textbook entries made into a hyperlinked PDF as tag reference but it’s no longer up to date.

The rest of that page in German details how to install their sidebar in all the different browsers.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer