Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2006-12-09 13:38:19

guiguibonbon

Re: [archived] Postmaster -- A simple email-on-post / newsletter manager

Hello; I’ve just tried this (with the example form from the docs), but the email looks empty in Thunderbird; in gmail, it shows the whole content (raw code) starting from “MIME-Version: 1.0”.

I don’t know a thing about mime-emails; but from what I’ve come to understand for the last half hour searching the internet, there’s no closing boundary tag in the emails sent. How could that happen?

#62 2006-12-11 12:58:58

gerhard01
Plugin Author

benbruce wrote:

[…]

Only paste what FOLLOWS the last line of dots …

• Ben

tried this – however in vain. Still same error message

#63 2006-12-12 06:57:50

cellseven
Website

No matter what I do, how I try to talk nicely to my computer, buy it flowers, try different versions of this plugin, remove # commented lines, etc. I get a 403, am I missing something in privs? Not allowed to access /textpattern/index.php on this server.

jack [at] cell7*orgCRAP

#64 2006-12-12 20:49:54

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

@guiguibonbon: The “end” mime will be added in the next versiom; that is an oversight.

@gerhard01: Have you checked out rbe’s comment about mod_security? Unless others are experiencing the same thing — indicating that there is actually something wrong with the file — there’s nothing I can do. Please make sure that when you highlight the plugin on the page, you are highlighting ONLY the plugin, and that you are highlighting ALL of the plugin (all of the text underneath the last line of dots). Sorry I can’t be more help.\

@cellseven: This is something with the Postmaster tab only, correct? Not with other tabs? The permissions on Postmaster are set at “1,2” which means anyone with less permissions than that will not be able to view the page. This has to be changed manually in the code and it was supposed to be referenced in the Help file (but is not). This will be added in the next version. The quick fix is to go into the Postmaster code, and right at the top you’ll see a comment about “PERMISSIONS” — and change the 1,2 to “1,2,3,4” or whatever you like.

#65 2006-12-12 21:13:36

cellseven
Website

This is something with the Postmaster tab only, correct? Not with other tabs? The permissions on Postmaster are set at “1,2” which means anyone with less permissions than that will not be able to view the page. This has to be changed manually in the code and it was supposed to be referenced in the Help file (but is not). This will be added in the next version. The quick fix is to go into the Postmaster code, and right at the top you’ll see a comment about “PERMISSIONS” — and change the 1,2 to “1,2,3,4” or whatever you like.

It won’t even install, I go to the plugin page, paste inside, hit Install Plugin and then I get an error.

jack [at] cell7*orgCRAP

#66 2006-12-12 22:21:50

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

@cellseven: I’m not clear what your issue is. I get what you’re writing — you get a 403 error — but it’s not making sense to me.

• Is it the same thing as gerhard01 is experiencing (look earlier in this thread)?
  • Have you installed other plugins, and you’re sure this one is being entered correctly?
  • Has anyone else ever experienced this issue?
  • Ben

Last edited by benbruce (2006-12-12 23:40:43)

#67 2006-12-13 09:49:32

gerhard01
Plugin Author

benbruce wrote:

[…]

@gerhard01: Have you checked out rbe’s comment about mod_security? Unless others are experiencing the same thing — indicating that there is actually something wrong with the file — there’s nothing I can do. Please make sure that when you highlight the plugin on the page, you are highlighting ONLY the plugin, and that you are highlighting ALL of the plugin (all of the text underneath the last line of dots). Sorry I can’t be more help.\

[…]

Thanks a lot for your comments. I have not received any update on mod_security from my provider yet. But I will keep you update once I got the info.

Meanwhile, I was poking my nose into your download directory, and interestingly, I could install bab_postmaster.php (date: 03-Aug-2006) without problems, but no newer postmaster version residing in your download directory. Maybe that could provide a clue?

#68 2006-12-13 11:23:09

gerhard01
Plugin Author

gerhard01 wrote:

benbruce wrote:

[…]

@gerhard01: Have you checked out rbe’s comment about mod_security? […]

Got the info now: no, mod_security is off :-( …

#69 2006-12-20 16:26:16

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Hi, first thanks for this quite comprehensive work. The documentation does a pretty good job, to get this working right out of the Box.
I am using this plugin successfully on this Demonstration Site
After a couple of e-mail configurations on Text-Drive it is running without errors and without negative side-effects with the other plugins, that are used on this Test-Install.
( Subscribing , unsubscribing and subscriber notices tested only so far on a couple of pop3 and IMAP mail accounts )
If you wish, you can also subscribe ( picking the technews option ) to get a feel for it.

I’v e come accross a problem that concerns the unsubscribe tag, used in an unsubscription article.

The documentation states, that this tag will not output anything, yet it generates the word “deleted”, when following an unsubscription link.

As a workaround, then I use it like this then:

Your subscription has been:
<txp:bab_pm_unsubscribe />
Thanks for your Interest in Generico Tech-News:

However, is there a way I can modify the code, that it doesn’t output anything ?

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#70 2006-12-20 16:50:10

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

marios,

This is fixed in the next version. For now, the fix is supplied by pieman

• Ben

#71 2006-12-20 18:36:44

marios
Archived Plugin Author

benbruce wrote:

marios,

This is fixed in the next version. For now, the fix is supplied by pieman

Ok, thanks.
I will try to to testdrive as many features I can , once I get the time to. So far it has been working great.

Merry christmas also

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#72 2006-12-21 09:27:03

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

Marios,

Thanks for the Test site. Great idea!

• Ben

PS. I noticed the “This is not spam” line is underneath the checkbox [and the checkbox is next to the dropdown menu].

Board footer