Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2006-11-15 21:47:10

NyteOwl

Re: My TXP Soapbox

Algaris wrote:

I’m just glad my host doesn’t limit me to only one or two databases or this would be a bigger issue for me.

AFAIK, you can solve this aspect at least by using a single database but a different prefix for the tables based on which site they belong to.

Obsolescence is just a lack of imagination. / 36-bits Forever! / #include <disclaimer.h>;

#26 2006-11-15 23:18:33

Algaris

How interesting. I never would have thought of that.

#27 2006-11-15 23:39:03

merz1
Website

In one database you can set up as many tables a you like.

All good database based systems I know allow you to set a prefix for their tables. But the more applications are using one database the more you have to monitor performance issues … or the provider will do it for you – sometimes with negative consequences for all applications.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#28 2007-07-22 10:55:32

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

according to the wiki this is the latest and apparently active thread about the admin redesign…
the screenshots here looked very promising. has this project also just died?

#29 2007-07-24 20:35:56

jakob
Admin
Website

I dunno. It pops up here and there again where people want to change or contribute, then seems to founder. Perhaps it will be picked up again with “crockery”. There used to be way more examples in that Flickr gallery (many from Ace of dubs ‘soapbox thread’) which ‘Hazel’ had uploaded but she seems to have taken them off (no idea why), so there are only my examples still left up there which were actually just custom setups for own projects. I’ve built derivations off those back-ends since then. All require hacks.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer