Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#493 2009-10-15 13:20:33

maniqui
Website

Re: gbp_permanent_links

Hi si.b,
not sure if gbp_p_l would help on the task of redirecting old links to new ones.
But there are two other options, in the shape of plugins:

• rah_metas (I think it includes some functionality for redirecting old links to new ones
  • zem_redirect_pro (an old plugin, not sure if it will work with latest TXP releases, and there is no public download link for it, as it was a paid plugin, but now it’s abandonware)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#494 2009-10-15 15:25:28

si.b

Many thanks for the suggestions maniqui,

That’ll be why I was stumped – wrong plugin!

Tried both others, but just seem to get 404s whatever I do… Thanks for the help though.

#495 2009-10-15 16:43:32

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Are you sure you meet all the server requirements? Can you post your diagnostic tab?

#496 2009-10-15 16:46:39

si.b

Of course – I considered upgrading txp, but didn’t want to risk buggering something up without knowing it would actually make a difference!:

Textpattern version: 4.0.4 (r1956)
Last Update: 2007-05-18 15:13:40/2007-05-18 15:10:26
Document root: e:\domains\j\juliaarmstrong.com\user\htdocs (E:\domains\j\juliaarmstrong.com\user\htdocs)
$path_to_site: E:\domains\j\juliaarmstrong.com\user\htdocs
Textpattern path: E:\domains\j\juliaarmstrong.com\user\htdocs\textpattern
Permanent link mode: messy
upload_tmp_dir: C:\WINDOWS\Temp
Temporary directory path: e:\domains\j\juliaarmstrong.com\user\htdocs\textpattern\tmp
Site URL: www.juliaarmstrong.com
PHP version: 5.2.6
Server Local Time: 2009-10-15 17:44:37
MySQL: 5.0.77
Locale: English_United Kingdom.1252
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
PHP Server API: cgi-fcgi
RFC 2616 headers: 0
Server OS: Windows NT 5.2
Active plugins: zem_contact_reborn-4.0.3.16, zem_contact_lang-4.0.3.02, dca_pop-0.1, wet_quicklink-0.5, wet_peex-0.4, SimplePie Plugin-1.2.2, rah_metas-1.1, jmd_sitemap-0.1.2

Pre-flight check:
————————————
E:\domains\j\juliaarmstrong.com\user\htdocs\textpattern\setup\ still exists
Missing files: E:\domains\j\juliaarmstrong.com\user\htdocs\textpattern/publish/atom.php
Some Textpattern files have been modified: /include/txp_category.php, /include/txp_plugin.php, /include/txp_auth.php, /include/txp_form.php, /include/txp_section.php, /include/txp_tag.php, /include/txp_list.php, /include/txp_page.php, /include/txp_discuss.php, /include/txp_prefs.php, /include/txp_log.php, /include/txp_preview.php, /include/txp_image.php, /include/txp_article.php, /include/txp_css.php, /include/txp_admin.php, /include/txp_link.php, /include/txp_diag.php, /include/txp_file.php, /include/txp_import.php, /lib/admin_config.php, /lib/txplib_misc.php, /lib/taglib.php, /lib/txplib_head.php, /lib/classTextile.php, /lib/txplib_html.php, /lib/txplib_db.php, /lib/IXRClass.php, /lib/txplib_forms.php, /lib/class.thumb.php, /lib/constants.php, /lib/txplib_update.php, /lib/txplib_wrapper.php, /publish/taghandlers.php, /publish/log.php, /publish/comment.php, /publish/search.php, /publish/rss.php, /publish.php, /index.php, /css.php
The following PHP functions (which may be necessary to run Textpattern) are disabled on your server: shell_exec,exec,system,passthru, popen,proc_open,pass_thru,pcntl_exec,proc_close,proc_get_status,proc_nice,proc_terminate,dl,pclose,pfsockopen,posix_kill,posix_mkfifo
————————————

.htaccess file contents:
————————————
#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
#Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php </IfModule>

#php_value register_globals 0

————————————

#497 2009-10-15 18:10:02

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Uhm… There should be a clean url test message in the page, above textarea, if I remember right. Anyway, your txp install is heavily modified! Are you aware of this? Plus, a lot of function are disabled on your server, even if I don’t know if they are related to clean urls.

You should try a fresh install of 4.0.4, if you don’t want to upgrade (but why not?). At the moment, it could be anything: try an unmodified install and then you can see what’s wrong.

#498 2009-10-15 23:43:45

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Zanza wrote:

Uhm… your txp install is heavily modified! Are you aware of this? …. try an unmodified install and then you can see what’s wrong.

In Txp 4.0.4 those unmodified files could have been uploaded incorrectly. Wrong line endings etc… I’ve seen that many times probably nothing to worry about.

Plus, a lot of function are disabled on your server, even if I don’t know if they are related to clean urls.

Those functions aren’t required by gbp_permanent_links and shouldn’t be required TXP (95% sure).

Maybe you could test a fresh install of TXP 4.2.0 to see if this is a problem with 4.0.4. Or upgrade it shouldn’t be too painful if at all. Be sure to back everything up first tho!

#499 2009-10-17 08:08:41

si.b

Thanks for the comments guys – will try an upgrade and keep you posted.

#500 2009-10-18 20:43:29

mericson
Website

For some reason when gbp_permanent_links is enabled bad URLs are being generated for txp:link_to_next and txp:link_to_prev the generated URLs look something like the following…

http://website/blog/—permlink_format_error—/203/

#501 2009-10-18 21:00:35

mericson
Website

I think I know what the problem was… the error in the URL was because I was in debug mode of gbp_permanent_links. And I believe the reason there was an error is I had “automatically_append_title” turned on, but I didn’t have a rule that used the title. At least I think so.

Things are working fine now.

mericson wrote:

For some reason when gbp_permanent_links is enabled bad URLs are being generated for txp:link_to_next and txp:link_to_prev the generated URLs look something like the following…

http://website/blog/—permlink_format_error—/203/

#502 2009-10-18 21:07:32

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

mericson wrote:

That’ll change if you’re in live mode.

#503 2009-10-26 20:37:34

maniqui
Website

Hi graeme,

you early mentioned that gbp_permanent_links should be compatible with MLP.

I’ve set up a TXP install wih MLP + gbp_p_l, but haven’t try any crazy thing yet.
So far, I’ve noticed that when gbp_p_l is active, some tags that should output clean URLs are returning the messy one. For example, txp:section_list.

Anyway, I’m not here to report findings (yet) but to ask for any advice-in-advance on using MLP + gbp_p_l that you or any other user may know.
So, here are some questions:

1) regarding plugin load order, what should come first? I usually load gbp_admin_library + MLP first (order=1, as suggested on MLP thread). Wonder if gbp_p_l should be loaded before or after them.

2) Once everything is set up and ready to start creating gbp_p_l rules, I wonder if you have any basic tips for the rules to work, being that MLP already rewrites them to include the lang chunk (ie. /en/, /es/, /fr/, etc). Shall those chunks be included in the gbp_p_l rules I create? If so, how? As text? or better as a regex?

Thanks.

#504 2009-10-31 21:51:48

maniqui
Website

So far, I’ve noticed that when gbp_p_l is active, some tags that should output clean URLs are returning the messy one. For example, txp:section_list.

Mmmm, this happens with or withouth MLP activated. I can’t understand why. If plugin is enabled, most built-in tags that generate links (<txp:section>, <txp:section_list>, <txp:file_download_link>, etc), are generating them using messy URLs.

This plugin is so indomitable. The only person I know that tamed this beast is pieman, and he taught me a few good tricks.

Last edited by maniqui (2009-10-31 22:04:42)

Board footer