Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#469 2009-07-08 12:16:38

alican
Website

Re: gbp_permanent_links

The plugin isn’t aviable. Have someone a copy?

#470 2009-07-09 11:30:58

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

alican wrote:

The plugin isn’t aviable. Have someone a copy?

Files are back up. Sorry about that…

#471 2009-07-26 12:01:16

MyOwn31

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/test/data/www/book.alideria.ru/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()’d code on line 1905

Non-compressed version has errors too.

#472 2009-07-26 20:24:46

mrdale
Website

greame> quit dicking around and add image categories to your plugin. ;)

OK, I’m 95% kidding.

#473 2009-08-08 10:13:34

skamuel
Website

Just wanted to mention that the tab navigation links in the admin interface for gbp_permanent_links breaks when you’re using the multi site feature in 4.2.0. Since the gbp_admin_library plugin relies on the hu constant to render the links, it will the base the urls on the public url. If I for example have my admin interface at admin.foo.com, and my public site is at www.foo.com, the tabs for gbp_permanent_links have links for “http://www.foo.com/textpattern/index.php?event=permlinks&tab=build” instead of http://admin.textpattern.local/index.php?event=permlinks&tab=build. For now, you can just enter the urls manually, and the form submissions works just fine, but it would be convenient to update it for the final 4.2.0 release at least.

#474 2009-08-16 20:49:51

RipvanFish

Hey,

first of all:
That plugin is gorgeous!
It saved me alot of work to do by even renaming all existing URLs.
Thanks for all the time you had to waste for this.

But there is one little thing, that I can’t fix on my own:
I’m using gbp_permanent_links to create a URL-Structur like this: /section/category/id/
But when I have entered once a category, for example: index.php?s=SECTION&c=CATEGORY, shown as /SECTION/CATEGORY/ I am stuck in that category.
Leaving it means to edit the URL and remove /CATEGORY/ from /SECTION/CATEGORY/ in my browser.

Can I somehow force the Plug-In not to add the category if it is not noted in the link?
So when im in /section1/category1/ and clicking on a link (index.php?s=section2) it is shown without the category: /section2/ (not: /section2/category1/) ?

Last edited by RipvanFish (2009-08-16 20:51:52)

#475 2009-08-19 12:48:10

RipvanFish

No solution for my problem?
No understanding of what my problem is? :)

#476 2009-08-19 16:44:50

els

It shouldn’t do that. I’ve got a similar scheme working on a site. I just looked at my settings and I see that I created permanent link rules for each section. Not sure if this is really necessary if you want it to work on all sections (I only needed it for two), but at least it works ;)

These are the rules I have:

• /section/category/; conditions: only in section ‘section1’
  • /section/category/; conditions: only in section ‘section2’
  • /section/category/title/: conditions: only in section ‘section1’ and category ‘category1’

The rules all have the same precedence: 1.

It works for me, hope it helps you.

#477 2009-08-22 13:36:17

hoho
Plugin Author

Update 1: I realized this is not my first contribution to this thread. Graeme, thanks for your response back in April :). So much has happened since then, I completely forgot.

P.S. I checked that I do not want an oppsite of what I wanted back then :).

Update 2: I think this post answers some problems reported earlier in this thread, e.g. #453 by driz.

Hello,

could someone explain the permanent link construction algorithm to me, please? In particular, I have doubts about evaluation of conditions. I even dare to think there is a bug in the _permlinkurl function which renders a section condition useless if a category condition is missing.

The condition immediately preceding the “New highest match!” debugging message is as follows

if (
    (empty($s) && empty($c)) ||
    (empty($con_section) || @$s == $con_section) ||
    (empty($con_category) || @$c == $con_category)
) {
    $this->buffer_debug[] = 'New highest match! '. implode('/', $out);

while I think it should better be like this

if (
    (empty($s) && empty($c)) ||
    (
        (empty($con_section) || @$s == $con_section) &&
        (empty($con_category) || @$c == $con_category)
    )
) {
    $this->buffer_debug[] = 'New highest match! '. implode('/', $out);

The latter does what I expect at least, which is the following: I have two sections, section1 and section2. The former should use permanent links of the form /section/title while the latter of the form /section/category/title. Thus I have two rules as follows

Form Precedence Conditions
/section/title 20 section1
/section/category/title 20 section2

With the original condition in place, the <txp:section link="1" name="section1" /> tag used in the context of /section2/mycategory/ applies the second rule just because it has the highest match. However, this rule should not be applied at all in the first place, right?

The problem is fixed with the aforementioned modification in place. Moreover, I can always resume the original behaviour by adding another rule like this

Form Precedence Conditions
/section/category/title 10 section1

Do I do anything wrong? Thanks a lot.

Last edited by hoho (2009-08-24 21:58:56)

#478 2009-08-29 14:11:43

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

hi,

I’m experimenting with this plugin on localhost (MAMPPHP 5.2.6) and it unfortunately returns an error in the front end when using the stable txp 4.2.0 release.

I reported the error in the 4.2.0 release thread and it was Robert who suggested that it might be caused by a plugin.

I deactivated all plugins and it is this one/or the gbp_admin_library causing the error.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#479 2009-08-30 08:00:27

LetterHoofd
Website

Same here (PHP 5.2.0).

#480 2009-08-31 18:19:56

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

How strange. Working fine for me on PHP 5.3.0.

I’ll do some more testing. Can you check you’ve got the latest version of my plugins. Thanks

Board footer