Changes:
  • Set global css variable to the style for the current section

#422 2008-12-14 18:54:06

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Re: gbp_permanent_links

Els wrote:

Thanks Graeme (also for clarifying)! Though now the right css is in the pretext array, it’s still not being used…

I think I’ve fixed it – try the download above. Fingers crossed.

#423 2008-12-14 19:25:52

els

graeme wrote:

I think I’ve fixed it – try the download above. Fingers crossed.

It’s working perfectly now! Thanks very much for attending this so quickly, much appreciated!

#424 2008-12-30 03:04:12

johnnie

Graeme,

Why is that, with this plugin enabled, links in the style domain.com/title/ work even though I didn’t set up this style of link in your plugin? My link mode in txp is set to /section/title/ in order to get jmd_sitemap to work.

#425 2009-01-03 10:28:58

lozmatic
Website

i’m trying to apply the /section/category rule to two sections. it works fine with one but for the other all links are changed, even ones to pages in other sections. the rule is effectively applied to all links.

i’m using TXP 4.0.7.

any ideas?

#426 2009-01-03 22:38:50

lozmatic
Website

OK, well, i was using relative paths in links (eg: ../articles) so I changed the ../ bit to <txp:site_url> and now the links work :)

#427 2009-01-10 07:27:26

Fraser

Question about google sitemaps and recent comments.

My set up:
In my admin site preferences my permanent link mode is set to /section/title.
Rule 1. (highest precedence) section/category/title
Rule 2. (lower precedence) redirect section/title -> rule 1.

My intention is for all permlinks on the site to generate natively as section/category/title.

Most things seem to be working ok. A bit of house keeping like using the default category plugin to ensure that all posts have at least one category set so Rule 1 works most of the time.

The permlinks appear to be being generated as /section/category1/title which is fine.

Q1. Does anyone know of any google sitemap plugins that work alongside gbp_permanent_links. At present I have been using rah_sitemap which generates permlinks according to the site admin settings and gbp_permanent_links doesn’t change them?

Q2. Lists of recent comments – does anyone know how to get the links in <txp:recent_comments/> to work with the /section/category/title rule? At the moment, my second rule is redirecting to the first – but that doesn’t seem very eloquent, and may be bad for SEO.

Q3. How do you get gbp_permanent_links to append things like query strings and anchors to the end of redirections – for use in comments and pages?

Thx

Last edited by Fraser (2009-01-10 07:28:55)

#428 2009-01-15 19:44:32

morgant
Plugin Author
Website

graeme wrote:

Here is a version which fixes a problem reported via the “irc channel”:irc://irc.freenode.net/textpattern. The problem was with rule conditions stopping the rule analyse too soon so perfectly valid rules were being missed.

Am putting it out a test version. This is because it may have an impact on your other rules (changing your precedence values may fix these) and I would like to get some feedback first. You are safe to install this and then revert back to the standard 0.12 release.

gbp_permanent_links v0.12TEST VERSION

gbp_permanent_links v0.13TEST VERSION

This test version did solve the problem for me and I’ve been happily using it ever since. Many thanks!

Does the version 0.13-test include the categories fixes & css fixes that are in 0.13+?

Last edited by morgant (2009-01-15 19:45:08)

#429 2009-01-19 02:20:57

fk

I’m using Textpattern 4.0.7/plugin v0.13, just using this plugin for the first time (shame on me) – so bear with me if I just don’t get it. :-/

I’ve managed to set up a simple rule, section/category/title (yawn ;-)), assigned to one section – basically what Fraser described before (my permanent link mode is set to section/title, too) – just no second rule, all articles have a category assigned.

While section lists articles from all categories, section/category lists all articles within that category and an individual article page contains, among the article itself, a list to articles sharing it’s category. All works fine: All link URLs contain the articles category as expected.

I have one small question though, maybe of understanding: I still had <txp:link_to_next> and <txp:link_to_prev> in the page templates (for the individual article) and noticed that they point to section/title, omitting the category – or don’t they? Because when I switch to the plugins debug-mode, the links point to section/--INVALID_CATEGORY--/title …?

–––

Edit: I switched Textpatterns permanent link mode from section/title to messy (as this explicitly pointed out in qrayg’s post in which he describes a working setup for the scenario described above) and, after skimming the plugin switched into that mode, too) and now <txp:link_to_next> and <txp:link_to_prev> point to section/category/title – hmm.

–––

Update: I just discovered the before (with TXPs permanent link mode set to section/title) working ajw_clean_feed-plugin didn’t do it anymore (which was wrapped in <txp:gbp_disable_permlinks> to make it work if i correctly recall – tried it with and without disable_permlinks in messy mode – no results).
This can be easily fixed with a new section (e.g. “RSS”) dedicated to a new permanent link rule for the feed-component though – set to be used within the dedicated section and forwarded to RSS feed, this works perfectly sweet; at least for those who used ajw_clean_feed with the sitewide-option.

Seems I’m finally getting my head around this, and … damn, this is a monster of a plugin.
Thanks, Graeme!

Last edited by fikifiki (2009-01-19 04:41:20)

#430 2009-02-09 16:03:31

pieman
Website

Apologies if this has been asked before, but how can you amend the privileges for admins to access the Permanent Links tab generated by this plugin?

#431 2009-02-12 17:17:33

sewm
Website

I think there an issue with this plugin and 4.0.8. I can’t seem to get it to install. I was able to install gbp_admin_library but whenever I try with gbp_permanent_links I keep getting the error Badly formed or empty plugin code.

I notice in the 4.0.8 changelog that they did change some behaviour with regards to permlinks:

Developer: Fall back to standard page/permlink behaviour if custom_url_func() returns FALSE.

Anyone have any ideas?

#432 2009-02-12 17:52:54

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

sewm wrote:

Badly formed or empty plugin code.

99% of the time this is due to your host not accepting files over a certain size. Does Graeme off a compressed version of the plugin? You might have more luck with that. If not, someone with ied_plugin_composer and the latest copy of the plugin installed can make a compressed version for you and post it here.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer