Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#337 2008-02-19 14:34:51

diniscorreia

Re: gbp_permanent_links

sthmtc wrote:

might be a bit of a stretch, but oh well maybe you’re overlooking the same thing i was. also for debugging check if <txp:if_category> returns true.

Just tried both – oddly, <txp:if_category> does return true. Rrrgg so why aren’t articles showing?! :\

Last edited by diniscorreia (2008-02-19 14:39:06)

#338 2008-02-23 10:33:34

diniscorreia

Well, problem solved: in TXP preferences I had the URLs set to /section/article – and I had both an article and a category named ‘metec’, hence the problem. Everything is working now :)

#339 2008-03-01 14:59:19

zhe
Website

hi, graeme! Thanks for this great plugin!

Here is a small problem I faced, but solved already.

I customized gbp_permanent_links to be /section/category/year/title/ format, and I used Permanent link mode in /section/id/title, when I’m using <txp:link_to_prev> (container tag) which generated the permalink by system preference. The single article page can’t be found, the link breaks.

The solution is change the preference Permanent link mode to /section/title, until now it works just fine.

Hope this is useful.

zhe

Last edited by zhe (2008-03-01 15:12:39)

#340 2008-03-05 14:32:46

qrayg
Website

Having a few issues:

I’m using TXP 4.0.6, gbp_admin_library 0.4.669, gbp_permanent_links 0.11.669

Here’s my link list in precedence order:

4. section/category/title/
3. section/title/
2. title/
1. section/category/category/title/

My problem is that all of the links on my site will always try to use the section/category/title rule no matter what. Conditions on the link options do nothing.

There are a few articles on my site that do not have categories assigned. Those articles will always use the messy url scheme.

What is the purpose of creating multiple url rules if only the first one will be used for creating permanent links?

In my case I was hoping it would use the second url rule on article links where the article does not have a category assigned.

I even went so far as to try and create multiple section/category/title rules and setting the Conditions to the 2 specific areas of my site that need them, but again, the Conditions do absolutely nothing no matter the situation.

I understand this is a beta plugin, but is there a way to achieve what I’m trying to do in my examples above?

#341 2008-03-19 16:50:48

dl33
Website

Hi Graeme, is there a way to get this to work with the MLP (Multi Language Pack). Permanent Links break as MLP puts a language identifier in the url. (en, de, nl, etc) I tried adding a plain text component to at least get it working for one language, but that only produces a 404.

#342 2008-03-24 17:02:27

typeshige
Website

I hope this is a basic question… My current project relies heavily on this plugin. The only thing that I’m missing is that it never throws a 404 error when pages aren’t found anymore.

Is there a way to setup the rules to make this happen?

#343 2008-03-24 19:22:34

typeshige
Website

Is there debugging features for this plugin?

I’d like to see what it matched and where what it’s going to do based on that match.

Is this possible? Or does anyone know how to modify the code to “dmp” that information?

Thanks.

Shige

#344 2008-03-25 01:29:02

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

typeshige wrote:

Yes – under the plugins’ preferences there is a debug option which if enabled and if Textpattern’s production setting isn’t set to Live the plugin will output debugging information – hidden as a HTML comment.

The only thing that I’m missing is that it never throws a 404 error when pages aren’t found anymore.

This will depend on the type of rules being used. Can you pass me some examples – or email me your debugging output and I’ll take a look to see what is happening and why.

BTW, I’m thrilled that you’re using gbp_permanent_links for a NASA website :-D

#345 2008-03-25 18:45:11

typeshige
Website

Thanks. I sent you an email through the system earlier today.

BTW, I’m thrilled the plugin enabled the subsection functionality to work. Otherwise, we probably couldn’t have used Txp!

graeme wrote:

typeshige wrote:

Yes – under the plugins’ preferences there is a debug option which if enabled and if Textpattern’s production setting isn’t set to Live the plugin will output debugging information – hidden as a HTML comment.

The only thing that I’m missing is that it never throws a 404 error when pages aren’t found anymore.

This will depend on the type of rules being used. Can you pass me some examples – or email me your debugging output and I’ll take a look to see what is happening and why.

BTW, I’m thrilled that you’re using gbp_permanent_links for a NASA website :-D

#346 2008-03-26 21:55:32

typeshige
Website

I have a custom search function that works with URLs in the form of:

http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/?q=mars&l=all&pg=2

When I make links using that url they become:

http://nims.arc.nasa.gov/2/

Fine, I thought, I’ll go and turn off “clean_page_archive_links”… but now they’re like this:

http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/?pg=2

This plugin seems to be stripping out the search query.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
Shige

#347 2008-03-27 06:58:00

typeshige
Website

Now I really feel bad for being the only one posting here…. but I have another question.

As I become familiar with this plugin, I see that it often does a minimimal match to my rule and then goes ahead and follows it.

For example, if I try to match http://site.gov/A/B/C/articles/[title] going to the “articles” section, this rule is followed if it sees http://site.govA/B/ and maybe even if it sees only http://site.gov/A/

How can I make the rule require a total match before following it? i.e. I’d like A/B/ to go where it went before the rule was added?

Thanks in advance…

Last edited by typeshige (2008-03-27 06:58:52)

#348 2008-03-27 09:59:24

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Don’t feel bad about posting.

I got your debugging info, work busy at the moment but I’m going to look at this when I get back home tonight. I’ll get back to you about it your 404 and search issues.

As for the partial matching there is no way currently to disable this for individual rules. It’s a feature being worked on for the next version. I’ll have a think how you can get around it for now…

Board footer