Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-07-31 03:58:31

TheEric
Plugin Author

EBL_BatchUpload plugin preview

Update 10/26

• There was an addition of a debugging option to show php error messages. This will most likely remain once this plugin is released.
  • Authentication has been fixed. Uploads will only be alllowed by those logged in.
  • Error messages have been improved. No longer will the script the user be greeted with a blank table if no uploads occured. It’ll respond with the appropriate error message now.
  • I thought about a polish ransom, but have changed my mind. It’ll be a regular dropcash ransom.
BUGS
  • Fix Proportional resizing bug. If user enters only one field for height/width, the missing vaue is defaults to 100px
  • Running out of Memory This has been fixed. I discovered the wonders of the native php shutdown function callback. imagedestroy is called even if the script is aborted.

I just need to package it, setup the dropcash account, and I’ll be done.

Demo can be found here: ericlimegrover.com/textpattern/

Username: Demo
Password: m0fqn6

Last edited by TheEric (2006-10-26 21:08:44)

#2 2006-07-31 09:09:32

masa

Re: EBL_BatchUpload plugin preview

Amazing work – Attractive, straightforward interface.
I like it a lot!

Not being a programmer I’m not sure whether it’s possible, but I could think of two, minor improvements:

1. ability to delete single files from the listing
  2. ability to create new categories from within the interface

Cheers Martin

#3 2006-07-31 12:36:57

squaredeye
Website

The Eric,
Very nice indeed.
Per the resizing, have you considered a “largest side” option? Often I find that the most important element of resizing, where the image then resizes in proportion to the appropriate width (more likely than not).

Just a thought.

:)

Matthew

#4 2006-07-31 13:12:57

masa

ma_smith wrote:

Per the resizing, have you considered a “largest side” option?

That would be a handy option to have.
Since we can’t yet see the results of a resize operation, I was wondering how it currently works.
I usually deal with images taken in various aspect ratios, some landscape, some portrait some
sqareish.

For the web I often want them to fit a “frame” of e.g. 800/600px no matter whether they’re portrait-, landscape- or square format. Is this what the plug-in does at the moment?

Cheers Martin

#5 2006-07-31 17:56:52

TheEric
Plugin Author

masa wrote:

Not being a programmer I’m not sure whether it’s possible, but I could think of two, minor improvements:

1. ability to delete single files from the listing
  2. ability to create new categories from within the interface

Both are excellent improvements that I’ve been toying with. I was planning on adding the ability to create new categories from the flash interface, and that’s entirely doable. Now, deleting single-files from the listing has proven to be a bit more difficult. I’ve poured over the flash doc’s and I can’t find a way to delete an individual file from the listing once it’s already been entered.

ma_smith wrote:

Per the resizing, have you considered a “largest side” option? Often I find that the most important element of resizing, where the image then resizes in proportion to the appropriate width (more likely than not).

Yikes. I hadn’t thought of that – I suppose proportional resizing is in order. ie 800×600 -> 4×3

note I didn’t realize it last night when I posted, but the thumbnail option wasn’t included. I’ll post an update later tonight with that added. It shuffles some things around, but the interface is largely the same.

I’ve been debating including this as a seperate extension tag, or as a link displayed in Images “Batch Upload” that upon being clicked, pops up a window with the flash interface. Any thoughts?

Last edited by TheEric (2006-07-31 17:58:52)

#6 2006-07-31 19:33:30

masa

TheEric wrote:

I’ve been debating including this as a seperate extension tag, or as a link displayed in Images “Batch Upload” that upon being clicked, pops up a window with the flash interface. Any thoughts?

Personally I’d expect it to appear under the content section. However this section is already a bit crowded with tabs (organise, write, … , comments) so perhaps adding it at the top of the images tab as a link to a pop-up would be a sensible solution. It could appear next to the existing Upload file: , labelled Upload multiple images… to clearly differentiate it from the single-image upload button.

Anyway, I’m excited to see your plug-in develop – I already know of a client that will be absolutely delighted with it!

Thanks muchly for your efforts.

Cheers Martin

#7 2006-07-31 23:06:21

squaredeye
Website

I agree with Masa here theEric,
the link should be at the top of the images page so that
one can upload from there, although, if you are able to figure it out,
it would be good to hide the normal parts of the interface that would
become redundant if your plugin is enabled, otherwise this just confounds
some of the other issues of adding image plugins to TXP’s current functionality.

:)

#8 2006-07-31 23:20:32

masa

ma_smith wrote:

[…] , although, if you are able to figure it out,
it would be good to hide the normal parts of the interface that would
become redundant if your plugin is enabled, […]

Yes, that would be the most consequent implementation, if at all possible.

Best Martin

#9 2006-08-04 13:16:41

TheEric
Plugin Author

Update: More work has been done on this plugin, and the actionscript skeleton of this particular SWF is progressing slowly. My GET/POST problems have been solved, and I’m just working on making it fool-proof and hopefully, easy to install.

It looks like this plugin will be one plart plugin, and one part uploading a file to a specific directory. I thought of imbedding the SWF into the database, and out putting it using headers and it just seemed to be a lot of extra work, where the easier option was to just upload the SWF into the textpattern directory.

The SWF can be seen here – Uploads do work, but, obviously the textpattern integration isn’t on yet -.

whoops bad link fixed…

Last edited by TheEric (2006-08-04 14:06:03)

#10 2006-08-04 13:44:54

squaredeye
Website

TheEric,
You’re link is broken :)

#11 2006-08-04 14:06:15

TheEric
Plugin Author

Fixed :)

#12 2006-08-04 14:38:06

soulship
Website

This is looking very promising. I don’t see an issue with uploading the swf. In the long run I think it would also make updating less problematic as well.

Jamie

Board footer