Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-06-17 12:33:09

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Advanced plugin manager

Mary wrote:

they don’t provide the server support for them.

I know, but with these libs tar and zib could be supported.

I had no experience working with compressed files.

How many servers don’t support neither zip nor tar.gz ?

#14 2006-06-18 00:29:48

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

I don’t know numbers. I do know Zlib is not a part of the default PHP install, the host has to choose to install it. PHP on Windows has it installed by default, though. All I’m saying is to let people know up-front so you can save on support time later. :)

#15 2006-06-19 22:08:11

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

Download bas Plugin Manager BETA

Download archive.zip Upload all files contained into <strong>/textpattern/lib/archive/</strong>

I finished this first version last night and this afternoon i spend some time to test it at a localhost and at samisdat.org. But i strongly recommen to test it local! it is over 1000 lines of code and i would wonder if it would be free of bugs.

However this first version is a point to start from and everyone is invited, to test, report, request and use my code!

Install and active bas Plugin Manager, create an folder plugins in your txp-root and make sure that plugins and textpattern/tmp are writeable. Find the plugin manager at the extensions tab.

I wrote a little plugin.zip for the manager. Without the testing would be short :)

Download bas_a_plugin-01.zip

This .zip contains a plugin.txt, plugin.xml and some images and files.
Upload the .zip via plugin manager and i hope it works :)

TO-DO

• Like Mary suggested, there should be a bypass for users without Zlib. Uploading the extracted plugin via ftp as option.
  • Support for txp in subdirs
  • File-Parsing: After uploading js and css files should be parset once, to addjust pathes
  • Include Plugins code to the xml instead of using an seperate .txt within the zip (??Noz sure about that)
  • Adding support for forms, pages, css etc. At the moment only txp_prefs are supported

Much more things to do, but for the moment i wait for your feedback.

Editing: Forget the archive.zip, sorry

Last edited by Bastian (2006-06-19 22:12:53)

#16 2006-06-20 03:51:09

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Bastian,

thanks for the work. Have downloaded the plugin, archive zip and test zip and am following through your instructions. When I activate the plugin and navigate to any tab outside of the plugins tab I get this…

<pre>Fatal error: Cannot redeclare admin_processtags() (previously declared in W:\www\nc\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(379) : eval()’d code:31) in W:\www\nc\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 748</pre>

If I deactivate the plugin all is well.

Steve

#17 2006-06-20 08:32:14

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

thanks for testing, net-carver

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare admin_processtags()

The xml parseing is based on mem_admin_parse and i guess you have installed it.
However, i renamed this one to bas_admin_processtags()

#18 2006-06-20 08:50:23

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Bastian wrote:

The xml parseing is based on mem_admin_parse and i guess you have installed it.

You are right! I am running with two of Manfre’s plugins. Ok, turning off mem_admin_parse allows your plugin to run now. Sorry I can’t put in any more time right now but will post back with some testing results as soon as I can.

Steve

#19 2006-06-20 14:10:45

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Hi Bastian,

thanks for the fast response on that. I tried installing the new version of the plugin you posted and there is a line break at line 78 in the txt file that knocks the install out. Can be edited out manually easily enough.

Installs fine now. BTW, I think the extension of the ‘event’ field in the prefs table will be useful for plugin authors :)

I can now get to the plugin manager and see the table headings fine. But the rest of the table is blank and there are no buttons below the table. Screenshot

Your instructions say…

Upload the .zip via plugin manager and i hope it works :)

Ok, ergh, how? I tried uploading your example to the /plugins subdir under the root of my TXP installation but that doesn’t seem right, sounds like you have a file upload control for the zip on the plugin manager page somewhere but I can’t see it.

I think I followed the instructions you posted so far.

Edit: Looks like the page source has some extras in it that just aren’t showing up on my page. I can see some extra details with onClick events in them at the top of the table definition but they don’t show up on my page. Perhaps it’s because I’m using Wilshire’s replacement txp_head QuikPik hack.

I’ll experiment some more and let you know.

Steve

#20 2006-06-20 14:39:44

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Success! Yes, the txplib_head Quickpick hack hides the tabs you placed at the top of your table.

Some instant feedback …

1. I think uploading zips with ‘(’ or ‘)’ in the name causes an upload failure but it’s ok if you rename the file to remove those chars. (I downloaded your example zip twice, and on WinXP it puts the download number in brackets just before the ‘.zip’ I tried uploading this and it failed.)
  2. Uploading zips works fine. Perhaps a ‘cancel’ button on the review page might leave users who don’t want to accept the upload with an obvious way out?
  3. I get some warnings after hitting the continue button. This leaves a partially installed plugin in the table with the status set to missing.

Having said that, it’s looking very promising. Once the glitches are out and it’s stable I think this has the potential to be a very useful plugin to me Bastian, thank you!

Last edited by net-carver (2006-06-20 14:41:21)

Steve

#21 2006-06-20 21:48:20

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

hey net-carver,

thanks for testing, i will have a look at the warnings.

Have good night!

Board footer