1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [Archived] bit_rss

#145 2007-07-23 21:35:10

redbot
Plugin Author

Re: [Archived] bit_rss

Markus,
Thanks for your suggestion. Probably I’ll use it in another scenario but for now my problem is solved. And the solution was so easy… Thank you all again for your help

#146 2007-07-24 16:44:04

michael_climactic

I’m encountering an error with txp:permlink as a single tag in my bit_rss form. I want the links to the syndicated site to appear as an unordered list and open up in a new window:

<li><a href="<txp:permlink />" target="_blank"><txp:title /> | <txp:posted /></a></li>

The problem is the form outputs to
<a href="http://www.mytextpatternsite.com//directory_and_page_of_syndicated_post.php" target="_blank">Title Of Syndicated Post | Date</a>

(Note the extra slash put into the above URL) rather than
<a href="http://www.siteIwanttosyndicate.com/directory_and_page_of_syndicated_post.php" target="_blank">Title Of Syndicated Post | Date</a>

My understanding from the instructions is that txp:permlink functions in the bit_rss “exactly like” it would elsewhere, but the single tag doesn’t seem to work. Has anyone else encountered this? Any workarounds to recommend?

Here’s the code as it appears in my page template:
<ul> <txp:bit_rss feed="http://www.girlville.info/?feed=rss2" limit="5" form="prf_girls_on_air"/></ul>

Thanks!

#147 2007-07-25 14:54:06

maverick
Website

michael_climactic

I think that the issue you describe is the same one several of us reported having previously in the forum. The solution was to use the permlink tag as a container tag.

Mike

#148 2007-07-25 17:37:44

michael_climactic

Hi Mike, the problem with using it as a container tag is I want a link with target=”_blank” so the link opens in a new window. using txp:permlink in an href tag allows me to do that, whereas using a container (to my knowledge) does not. If anyone knows if there’s a way to use txp:permlink in a container tag and have it open in a new window that would be awesome.

I can try it with javascript and onclick but that is less than ideal.

#149 2007-07-26 15:03:23

merz1
Website

Did you try (just a guess):

href="<txp:permlink></txp:permlink>"

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#150 2007-08-18 08:04:35

mhulse
Plugin Author

The-Exit wrote:

This is a lovely plugin, which i try to use with the rss_auto_excerpt. But the link, which the plugin generates, does not work. Any suggestions? Or would it be possible to manipulated with thie bit_rss-plugin the body-tag?

I am also having this problem… Anyone else notice this problem? Any fixes?

I am just reading RSS feeds from other TXP sites that I have control over.

Great plugin!

Cheers,
Micky

EDIT: Feedburner does the trick… Works very well. ;)

Last edited by mhulse (2007-08-21 10:10:45)

#151 2007-08-18 09:07:28

mhulse
Plugin Author

Heya all,

I am not able to get <txp:bit_author /> to work… I am trying to read a feed from a default install of TXP.

The feed in question is here. And here is a feedburner version.

Am I doing something wrong? I noticed the raw xml for the feedburner feed has the author up in it… but that does not seem to translate to the <txp:bit_author /> tag.

Any suggestions? :)

TIA!
Cheers,
M

#152 2007-08-21 10:09:18

mhulse
Plugin Author

Not sure why I am not able to get the author to output… I ended-up using a tad bit of PHP to solve my prob:

<txp:php>
	$sites = array("MH" => "http://www.mysite.com/"); // Add more here.
	$site = bit_feed_link(array());
	$locate = array_search($site, $sites);
	$author = ($locate) ? $locate : "";
	echo "by: ".$author;
</txp:php>

Cheers,
Micky

Last edited by mhulse (2007-08-21 10:09:48)

#153 2007-10-03 16:43:05

pompilos
Website

Hello, bit. Thanks for your plugin.

A couple of users of bit_rss are experiencing some problems with it. As far as I know it hasn’t been reported until now. The problem, who gives this error: “Fatal error: Call to undefined function: feed_url()” is described at this thread. Thanks in advance.

#154 2007-10-04 22:03:29

maniqui
Website

Hi.

About the issue reported above by pompilos, I have posted at SimplePie forum and one of the developers told me that the the SimplePie plug-in (the one made by them) wasn’t updated to work with the SimplePie 1.0, so he have updated it.

I think that this is probably the same reason why bit_rss shouldn’t work with SimplePie 1.0.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#155 2007-11-23 16:37:19

variaas
Plugin Author
Website

@bit – I’m looking to slightly modify bit_rss. Instead of caching to a separate file, I would like to cache the feed as an actual TXP article. I’m not sure how difficult this would be, but if you or anyone here can help me out that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

#156 2007-11-27 17:03:20

merz1
Website

FYI

…wasn’t updated to work with the SimplePie 1.0

The original SimplePie for TXP code was updated to version 1.2.1 (Discontinued) to work with SP 1.0.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » [Archived] bit_rss

Board footer