1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plugin Requests

#61 2006-06-23 03:09:01

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: Plugin Requests

marios

did you read this post from guiguibonbon? There are a few interesting ideas hidden in there re dual language work.

I would be interested in at looking into this area but can’t claim it yet, there’s too little info about a potentially big area (considering things like language switching/write tab presentation/storage/custom fields/keywords/time/date/number formats in localisation etc).

Steve

#62 2006-06-23 04:15:51

marios
Archived Plugin Author

net-carver wrote:

marios

did you read this post from guiguibonbon? There are a few interesting ideas hidden in there re dual language work.

I’ve seen that brilliant post today, that proves that he is really experienced in those matters, but I can hardly understand half of what he’s talking about.

I still have to take a look at the nifty solution, that Bastian came up with.

What I really would like though is a very simple solution, that can be handled quickly and without too much pain for small scale things like 5-6 standard sections , one frontpage , two level hierarchy and limited stuff at the backend as not to confuse the clients.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#63 2006-06-23 05:56:04

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

mormir wrote:

Extension Idea: Add in administrator panel, possibility to define what sections user can edit or no. Maybe it can be a new level of user?

Do you mean restricting editing access to articles within a given section and not within any other sections? Or am I misinterpretting what you mean?

My Photoblog, and my personal site. Got nav? ako_nav.
Thanks for taking the time to look…

— vc3 —

#64 2006-06-23 06:02:58

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

mormir, akokskis,

I think that Inspired (Yura) is working on something like this already. You might want to write an email to him via the forum to check up on it. Check out Matthew’s original post and read down the thread a little to see Yura’s replies.

Steve

#65 2006-06-23 06:21:28

akokskis
Plugin Author
Website

Aha! Good call, net-carver.

My Photoblog, and my personal site. Got nav? ako_nav.
Thanks for taking the time to look…

— vc3 —

#66 2006-06-23 18:02:15

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

marios wrote:

Basically I want the possibility of complete parallel content architecture with a symmetric URL scheme
e.g.: www.example.org/en/section/title/ and www.example.org/el/section/localized-dyrified-title/
From the backend this needs to be visible possibly from one pane.

I’ve got a multilingual plugin which does stuff like this.

Still in development but the website I was making it for fell through and since then I haven’t need it since or had time to complete it. I’ll be happy to release the code to anyone who wants it.

Might spend some time on it this weekend and get something out there so people can see what’s been done.

#67 2006-06-24 01:24:02

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

graeme

I’d be interested in some more details of your plugin please! I’m interested because I am considering this area as well and am looking at three potential schemes that might handle it and I would like input from people who have gone through this before. Please feel free to email me any details you have via the forum mail feature or post more details in Textpatter for a wider audience.

marios
You mentioned a scheme Bastian has to do this, is there a link to anything for that?

Steve

#68 2006-06-24 10:14:10

Destry
Website

I am so glad you guys are picking up on the multilingual plugin. I’ve been pushing for work in that direction for a while. I had a complet article ready to publish about a current means of adding in “some” multilingual abilities based on a little conditional tag work that Yuri first introduced. It works nice for sites that do not intend to be completely translated (just the occasional mirrored article). I hadn’t published the article yet as I’m translating it into the second language…felt it would be a better tutorial if it actually appeared in the two languages it used as a model ;)

Anyway, I think you guys are going to make this article obsolete. By the time I finish translating, you might have a cool plugin done.

You guys did see the multilingual notes in the wiki, yeah (don’t know if they are help or not).

God speed on this very worthy plugin! This will raise the bar for Txp against other CMS, for sure.

#69 2006-06-25 02:38:15

marios
Archived Plugin Author

There is yet one, that is on my TODO list now for months, but it isn’t on Marys list yet. I need a syntax coloring/formatting plugin.
I have been investigating all the possible solutions already in the past, and found that none of them would suit my needs, and tried to find out more how other CMS’s do it.
So I found this very neat solution for Syntax highlighting over at Wordpress, that could be forked maybe.
The problem with most solutions available that I found is, that they rely on a special Library from the Server Side, which is something I do not want.

which I’d be unable to do it myself anyway.

It’s the nicest I could find.
Here is the original resource. Before starting the pledge, is there anybody else who might need this ?

Visual.Syntax Tags: php, html, css, output, highlight, code, syntax, formatting, source Contributors: Visual.Sytax is a plugin for WordPress that preserves source code formatting and provides full syntax highlighting. Unlike other code plugins Visual.Syntax offers highlighting of both HTML and CSS in addition to PHP. Visual.Syntax will also force any CSS into a readable pre-defined format. For full information see the website: http://matthew.delmarters.com/weblog/visual_syntax

@netcarver, it’s on the german section somewhere, but I can’t remember where it is, a search will do

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2006-06-25 03:08:18)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#70 2006-06-25 04:15:21

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

What special serverside library? There’s no Txp plugin I know of that does that for syntax highlighting.

#71 2006-06-25 04:41:59

marios
Archived Plugin Author

@Mary, one of those uses a Geshi file,
Then, there is also another not quite bad one which uses perl, but I don’t know where I have stored the bookmark, on this MAC on the PC, SAfari?, so I couldn’t tell, but the other one above is neat, since it gives you nice reformatting without having to install extra things on the Server, how easy or difficult would it be to fork that for Textpattern ?

EDIT.: Most of us like to post some code snippets from time to time, the problem with this is with pre code, especially in flexible layouts.
If I switch textile off (Which I would like to, since it borks my validation with aribtiary br tag insertion, where it is not suppose to)
all my code disappears from the page. (Haven’t investigated though, what exactly it is)

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2006-06-25 04:55:49)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#72 2006-06-25 06:37:25

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

marios,

marios wrote:

@Mary, one of those uses a Geshi file,

Just for information; as far as I know, there are now two Geshi based plugins for TxP. A new one appeared a few days ago in the plugin forum.

I also took a look at Kelvin Luck’s plugin as I was writing my display code plugin but in the end decided not to integrate syntax highlighting into it. Marios, if you are interested in something that preserves source code format then you could try sed_display_code. What it can do is line number highlighting but that doesn’t sound like it will fit what you are looking for.

Last edited by net-carver (2006-06-25 06:45:26)

Steve

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plugin Requests

Board footer