Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2008-07-18 06:09:58

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] sed_comment_pack

Latest version: 0.7 is up on the pack’s homepage.

This fixes maverick’s bug and adds the bombsite’s per-section comment controls (for Txp 4.0.7.)

Steve

#50 2009-02-07 18:38:11

benjibot
Website

Per-section comment controls are something I’ve wanted for a while now. As it stands, I’m leaving comments open all the time because I want them open all the time for one section, much like the situation referenced by bombsite. I’m testing this out on a localhost before deploying it on my live site and I have to say, I’m not having much luck.

Is there some trick to getting the per-section comment expiration to work? I’m running v4.0.8 locally right now, and I’ve altered the plugin code to match my particular sections.

Does it require “Automatically append” set to yes? I have it set to no right now so I don’t have the “comments disabled show up on a section that never should have had them. Might it require the use of the default forms as well?

#51 2009-02-08 11:23:07

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Benjamin – No need to set “Automatically append…” to yes though I don’t think it matters for this particular function. It may do for other functions if you use them.

I do know however that this function stopped working for some reason prior to the official 4.0.7 release and is still not working for me. I currently have the whole site set to “Never” which isn’t what I really want.

I don’t know if Steve has had time to look into this yet.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#52 2009-02-08 16:46:45

benjibot
Website

Oh, I see. Thanks for replying. It sounds like I might have been able to find this answer if I’d dug around a bit, but aside from a brief mention I hadn’t seen anything about the feature.

It’s still a right useful plugin for me just the same. I was using all the plugins it replaces. Since I only tend to post on here when I’ve a problem I feel I should say my thanks for the hard work that went into it.

#53 2009-05-30 17:06:21

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

thebombsite wrote:

I do know however that this function stopped working for some reason prior to the official 4.0.7 release and is still not working for me. I currently have the whole site set to “Never” which isn’t what I really want.

I don’t know if Steve has had time to look into this yet.

He just did.

Could you edit your plugin code and change this line…

register_callback( '_sed_cp_override_comment_settings' , 'pretext_set' );

…to this…

register_callback( '_sed_cp_override_comment_settings' , 'pretext_end' );

…and let me know if it works now?

Steve

#54 2009-05-30 17:13:39

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Looks like r3004 was when it happened.

Steve

#55 2009-05-30 22:58:16

benjibot
Website

net-carver wrote:

Could you edit your plugin code and change this line…

…and let me know if it works now?

By jove! That’s seems to have been just the trick! Thankfully I had left the conditional in my comment forms.

Presumably setting expiration date to 0 means they won’t expire? Because that seems to be what is happening.

Thanks!

Board footer