1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Calendar?

#73 2004-07-17 00:56:16

Kaiser
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: Calendar?

So when I changed the < and the > to <code>&laquo and &raquo</code> and then saved the changes, that is what screwed up the validation?

(Edit: I answered my own question and see why you would want to copy the whole plug in and paste it. Pretty painful if you don’t.)

Last edited by Kaiser (2004-07-17 05:09:44)

#74 2004-07-18 03:07:28

stickwithjosh
Website

Somedays, I feel pretty base.

So I have a site, in progress of couse, and it has a few sections, news, about, calendar being the main three. about and calendar are told not to display on the front page, and i’m trying to use the upcoming even plugin, have tried a few different strings, but nothing pulls events (from news, about, or anything else) the articles in question where given a date to post that was in the future, adn also told not to timestamp the date.

Is my problem obvious? Again, upcomingevent plugin is outputting no text, and i have the mdb_lib or whatever that greenrift wrote installed.

#75 2004-07-19 12:53:59

battletux

Greenrift,
I have tried your new calendar plugin and i have installed v0.1 of mdp_lib.php. my problem is when i enable the calendar i am getting the following error:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ‘\’ (ASCII=92) state=1 in yada yada yada/www.opensauce.co.uk/web/textpattern/lib/mdp_lib.php on line 2

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in yada yada yada/www.opensauce.co.uk/web/textpattern/lib/mdp_lib.php on line 2

Running on a zeus v 4 webserver, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

#76 2004-07-28 21:55:47

tmacwrig
Archived Plugin Author
Website

this works really well, it might just be the deciding factor in making my next project a TXP site. but one problem – i’m trying to have the calendar view and the view of the (clicked) event on a page. unfortunately, this shows articles before they’re clicked. is there any way of not displaying articles if they aren’t requested?

#77 2004-08-04 15:40:30

andrea
Website

hi, i just installed this plug-in but i’m having some problems.. since i just installed txp too i’m not sure where to tinker, with my txp setup or just the plugin. (all of which can be seen at mellowtrouble.net/index.php) ~

the calender shows up fine but with no link to posts (see aug 2 for example)

also, when i go to the plugin section of admin on my txp, and click on mdp_calendar i can see the code and below a bunch of instuctions but no example images or anything. kinda weird. should i just install again?

thanks for any and all help ~
this plugin is exactly what i’m looking for so i really want to get it to work..

edit: got clean urls to work (yay!) so now the only thing is (and this is the most crucial part): no link to posts! i have a fine looking calendar but no links. :Z

second edit: all’s well and it validates ~ thanks for this great plugin!

Last edited by andrea (2004-10-03 21:16:35)

#78 2004-08-24 16:29:07

Martagnan
Website

Hi greenrift,
2 questions…

1. whats the syntax to add cellspacing=“1” and cellpadding=“0” to the html table the plugin code?

2. The calander defaults back to August when I click on a link in June – is there a way to get it to stay on whatever month is currently being viewed?

Thanks

#79 2004-08-26 02:30:16

MaLer
Website

Seems that i have serious problems with implementing of this plugin :( first i tried version 0.2.3, which somehow worked, but i need to change Monday to fist day of week and i preffer to have local names of months, of course…

But i have now function problems – calendar is producing link to particular days, but i’m still geting articles from the newest, regardless which day i clik.

And for second, arrow for previous month makes even stranger thing – link such as “http://maler.cz/Main?s=Main&date=2004-08-11&txp_email=maler@maler.cx&txp_last=12:59%2009/07/2004&txp_name=Martin%20Lér&month=7&year=2004”

Maybe someone knows what i did wrong? i modified publish.php and i have mdp_lib.php

Calendar is currently away from my pages, because of those errors…

thanks

#80 2004-09-09 01:44:09

Inquisitor

Hi I am new to textpattern and like it a lot. This plugin is just what I am looking for but I am trying to figure out how to get the calendar to look right. I installed v.3 and I have it setup for the small font format. However, I don’t like how the name of the article on the particular date shows up and distorts the alignment of the rows and columns of the calendar. Is there a way to fix that or can I just set it up where the date is a link to all articles posted on that day? Thanks

#81 2004-09-16 20:23:27

fri
Website

Hi, and thanks again, greenrift, for the newest version!

I’ve been batteling with a few problems, though, that I reckognized in some of the posts above.
I use messy urls on a local version and that means I am not sure about the allround working quality of my following fixes. They are probably hackmessy, but they ended up doing the trick for me:

MaLer: I had the same problem with the url going berzerk.
Inside the plugins 3rd. last function, (function mdp_calendar_navlink) – go to the line saying:
(……)<code> $str = buildGetURL($messy, $s); </code>(……)
and change it to:
(……) <code>$str = buildGetURL($messy, $section); </code>(……)

Martagnan: When you click a days link in smallformat, the calandar forgets its month and jumps back to the current one.
Inside the plugins function (function formatEventHref) last line:
(…..)<code> : ‘<a href=”’.$pfr.‘index.php?s=’.$Section.’&date=’.$Date.’”’.$class.’ title=”’.$Date.’”>’.$Linktext.’</a>’; </code>(…..)
I added 2 variables thus changing it to:
(…..) <code>: ‘<a href=”’.$pfr.‘index.php?s=’.$Section.’&date=’.$Date.’&month=’.$_GET[“month”].’&year=’.$_GET[“year”].’”’.$class.’ title=”’.$Date.’”>’.$Linktext.’</a>’; </code>(…..)
That prevented the calendar from “jumping”.

> Kaiser wrote:
> It seems the class in small format has changed from mdp_calendar to mdp_smallcalendar, so if like me you upgrade to .3 and notice all your styles have vanished, make sure to check this. Or of course you could change the class to whatever you like.

Besides this, greenrift’s old “calendar_today” class has changed to “today” – which you cannot see in the help, because there is a blank space there. That means I could style my actual today again with it.

Hope it doesn’t break anything!

Last edited by fri (2004-09-16 20:26:45)

#82 2004-09-18 14:56:13

fri
Website

New small problem:

Clicking on a Calendar date-link and displaying a list of articles takes away any page-navigation.

So if the displayed list contains more articles, Icantget to them!

I checked the $thispage, and it is set to false, when the calendar handles the articles.

Any Idea on how to fix that?

#83 2004-09-21 06:30:53

Kossatsch
Website

Will it be necessary to do the following stuff
change line #435 of publish.php, where it says '{$month}%' to be '$month%'

again with TXP RC1?

Maybe the smallformat calendar works without it. Or am I wrong?

txp at irox.de since spring 2004 (g1.17) & at roxomatic since 2006.

#84 2004-09-21 16:02:14

andrea
Website

i totally forgot about that changein publish.php! but it seems like the calendar doesn’t need it with txp 1.0rc1 ~ it’s working fine on my site. all i needed to do to get calendar to work was to remember to add mdp_lib.php.

Last edited by andrea (2004-09-21 16:03:34)

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Calendar?

Board footer