You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Calendar?

#133 2005-08-02 17:09:19

june

Re: Calendar?

one more thing….

When I click on a linked calendar the article or articles don’t appear. I had this problem before I tried changing the plugin.

Any ideas?

thanks.

june

#134 2005-08-02 17:25:13

creativesplash
Website

I think you should ask <a href=“http://martagnan.co.uk/”>Maragnan</a>. He’s got it working in his website.

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#135 2005-08-02 19:52:25

june

> june wrote:
>When I click on a linked calendar the article or articles don’t appear. I had this problem before I >tried changing the plugin.

I just read some old posts and I guess this has to do with the clean url issue. I’m using /section/title and I guess I need to be using /year/month/day/title to get it to work. Not sure I want to switch url modes.

In one post that I read someone recommended using the sgb_url_handler plugin:
http://textpattern.org/plugins/209/sgburlhandler

But it says that it does work well with the /year/month/day/title mode…sigh.

-june

#136 2005-08-02 20:50:46

alicson
Website

> june wrote:
> In one post that I read someone recommended using the sgb_url_handler plugin:
http://textpattern.org/plugins/209/sgburlhandler
> But it says that it does [not?] work well with the /year/month/day/title mode…sigh.

i’m not up to date on these matters, but last i heard, i thought sgb_url_handler had been brought up to speed with the date-based URLs…. i do know that sungodbiff (plugin author) had thoroughly intended to make sure it would work…

if there has been delay on this, it would be due to the drastically and rapidly changing Textpattern Revisions… in which case, i’d visit the sgb_url_handler forum and make a plea for re-attention in the near future…

but it may already be working just fine :)

textpattern.org :: find and share Textpattern resources
docs.textpattern.io :: Textpattern user documentation

#137 2005-08-03 16:59:57

june

Well, I got it to work with out the sgb_url_handler somehow even though I’m using /section/title/ for the urls and not /year/month/day/title.

june

EDIT: I guess I kind of take the above statement back. Each day is now linking to the entire list of articles….not just the ones for that day. Any ideas?

In one post relevant to my problem I read “use txp:mdp_calarticle” and then in another I read that that tag was going to be removed.

any suggestions would be great.

thanks.

june

Last edited by june (2005-08-04 12:39:30)

#138 2005-08-05 14:05:16

june

So I was able to turn my days of the week into letters! ( S M T W T F S)

I haven’t thoroughly tested my solution so use it at your own risk. Here are the sections of code I changed in mdp_calendar:

I added the if/else statements here:

<code>
for($j = 0; $j<=6; $j++, $i++) { if($i 7) { $i = 0; } if ($names[$i] “0”)
{$names[$i] = “S”;}
else if ($names[$i] "1") {$names[$i] = "M";} else if ($names[$i] “2”)
{$names[$i] = “T”;}
else if ($names[$i] "3") {$names[$i] = "W";} else if ($names[$i] “4”)
{$names[$i] = “T”;}
else if ($names[$i] "5") {$names[$i] = "F";} else if ($names[$i] “6”)
{$names[$i] = “S”;}
else {$names[$i] = $names[$i];}

$c[] = ‘<th>’.$names[$i].”</th>”; } </code>

I added the ‘LET’ attribute:

<code>
function setDayNameFormat($f) { if($f 'FULL') { $this->dayNameFmt = '%A'; } else if ($f ‘ABBR’ ) { $this->dayNameFmt = ‘%a’; } else if ($f == ‘LET’ ) { $this->dayNameFmt = ‘%w’; } else { $this->dayNameFmt = $f; }
}
</code>

enjoy!

-june

EDIT: for some reason my code is displaying all wrong in the forum. if you want the code please contact me. thanks!

Last edited by june (2005-08-05 14:07:31)

#139 2005-08-11 14:15:22

ajitabhpandey
Website

If you go to

http://www.ajitabhpandey.info/?s=techlog

you will see a calender on the left hand side of the page. Go one month back and you will see that the calender highlights correctly which dates of the month the articles were published on. But when you click on any date it does nothing. I think it should display you all the articles published on that date with their permalink.

What am I doing wrong? Relevent snippet from my page template is as follows:
<code>
<txp:mdn_if_section section=“techlog”> <div id=“calender”> <txp:mdp_calendar_small section=“techlog” /> </div> <txp:mdn_if_section /></code>

#140 2006-03-06 20:00:17

bankholdup

Is there a way to display the calendar days as single lettters (S S M T W T F S) ?

just trying to fit it into a smaller space than the short names will allow.

#141 2006-04-01 07:25:49

Quincas

Hey Marshall, how are you?

Michael Bester set up a website for my band, Quinquilharia Samba Punk, at www.sambapunk.com, and we’re using your callendar plugin. It’s been buggy, I updated it today to 1.0, which you have up on your website, and it didn’t help, The weekdays are shifted from the actual day of the month, the portuguese version doesn’t show the accented letters, and clicking on the lighted dates leads to an empty page, when it should link to the article that made it light up in the first place…
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Q

#142 2006-08-21 02:53:45

skurk

Has anyone been able to put valign=top into the table tds? It seems like it should be put in the last function in the code but nothing happens when I add it to dspDayCell.

Last edited by skurk (2006-08-21 02:54:15)

#143 2006-08-22 00:39:27

jrphelps

I am using mdp_calendar on a site for a client’s band. They are playing at a coffee bar on 9/23 and then the same coffee bar on 9/30. The article on 9/30 shows up on 10/30. Does anyone know what is causing this?

#144 2006-08-22 12:04:57

squaredeye
Website

Hey good people.
Hold on a bit and you’ll see some calendar stuff that will meet many many needs.
There are things in the works. We could use more contributor$ if people are interested.

:) contact me if you’re interested.

Matthew

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Calendar?

Board footer