Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-03-22 00:35:01

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Re: Per-section article/comment syntax parsers

Each article saves the parser setting individually. If you turn off Textile globally (in the admin prefs) you’ll need to turn it off in your article too (look on the left-hand side of the write tab).

#14 2006-03-22 00:53:19

jtlapp
Website

Oh my! It is there! Under the “Advanced options” tab.

Maybe it would have been helpful to put a minus or arrow icon next to “Advanced options” to let me know it was an expandable field. I must have thought it was a link to another page.

I really have no clue how I missed it over and over again.

Thank you for figuring out what I was missing! Sorry to bother!

But I still have a wish-list for the next release (modified from my original proposal):

(1) Per-section default article parsers, so that if different sections consistently use different parsers, it isn’t up to the user to keep remember to change the parser each time the user enters a new article.

(2) A means for assigning a site-wide comment parser.

My (3) is already in the crockery: pluggable parsers.

Thanks for sticking with me!
~joe

#15 2006-03-22 01:02:03

zem
Developer Emeritus

(1) Per-section default article parsers, so that if different sections consistently use different parsers, it isn’t up to the user to keep remember to change the parser each time the user enters a new article.

What’s the use case? I can’t think of a situation where this would be anything other than confusing.

Alex

#16 2006-03-22 02:38:15

jtlapp
Website

Personal journal —> Textile
Public posts —> Textile Lite (or other safe parser)
Source repository —> NL2BR
Base64 repository —> no parser
Poetry —> My poetry parser

Well, I’ve written a specialized poetry parser, anyway. It allows me to indent and pretty-print without a PRE, and to have things rendered prettily without having to remember to embed all the formatting. If I were to also have a journal section, I’d have to remember to set the parser every time.

I can’t say I know how others would use the feature. The above is a wild attempt at that.

~joe

Board footer