Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2006-06-15 14:57:50

arky

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

truist wrote:

bq. Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_strtolower() in /textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 71

Interesting – that call just went in with v1.6, and I’m guessing that your problem is that you’re using a version of PHP from before 4.3. I don’t think old versions (< 4.3) of PHP are still supported – is that the problem, and do you need to use such an old version? If so, the problem is fixable.

For now, you can go back to v1.5 and that should fix it.

Hi Truist,

Thanks for the great plugin.

Am using TXP 4.0.3 on PHP version 5.0.4 and both v1.6 and v1.7 of the plugin fail with mb_strtolower() fatal error.

While v1.5 works fine with the following problems (all related to v1.5)

(1)

tag_error <txp:tru_tags_handler/> -> Warning: max() [function.max]: Array must contain atleast one element on line 170

tag_error <txp:tru_tags_handler/> -> Warning: min() [function.min]: Array must contain atleast one element on line 171

tag_error <txp:tru_tags_handler/> -> Notice: Undefined variable: tags_html on line 217

tag_error <txp:tru_tags_handler/> -> Warning: join() [function.join]: Bad arguments. on line 1417

(2)

Prefix “-” before tags in URL’s

(without clean urls)
the URL’s
/?s=tag&t=-css

(with clean url)
/tag/-javascript/

#98 2006-06-16 16:36:48

arky

arky wrote:
(2) Prefix “-” before tags in URL’s

(without clean urls)
the URL’s
/?s=tag&t=-css

(with clean url)
/tag/-javascript/

A possible workaround is the unwanted ‘-’ in your urls is not leave any space after the comma’s between the tags.

<code>
apple,banana,grapes
</code>

And this also fixes the other error(1) too

Last edited by arky (2006-06-16 17:14:45)

#99 2006-06-24 01:50:07

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Arky, are you sure you’re on php5? I can’t think of another reason why you’d get that fatal error.

You can hide problem (1) by switching Textpattern to “Live” mode, which hides warning messages.

As you said, you can fix problem (2) by not using spaces.

I’ve got a series of big changes I’m about to publish as v1.8, and once that’s out I’ll fix this problem and a few other little things in a v1.9. Hang in there :)

#100 2006-06-24 02:46:10

truist
Plugin Author
Website

In a crazy twist of coincidence, in the moment after I made my last post I went back to my website and got the exact same mb_strtolower() error…

It turned out that the guy I share the server with had just upgraded php, and the upgrade caused the problem. He thought it was an issue with php not loading one of its modules correctly. The solution was just to restart apache. Can you try that and see if it fixes your problem?

#101 2006-06-27 00:43:08

tkn
Website

Now that your plugin is working for me I just wanted to say thanks, because it really is a lot better than using categories for articles.

One suggestion: if you look at rss_unlimited_categories, he adds a field to select multiple categories onto the write page. What would be better is to have an admin sided keywords field show up and have a list of tags below like del.icio.us has that can be quickly clicked on to populate the field.

#102 2006-06-28 11:13:44

merz1
Website

It looks like I have found a bug.

I have two keywords combined by a ‘+’.

Real life bug example:

Keyword: Gruner + Jahr
Permalink for article: <a href=“http://sankt-georg.info/artikel/40/World-Press-Photo-Medien-Fotografie-Pulitzer-Prize-Werbung-CSU-MTV-HafenCity” title=“Medien: World Press Photo Award, Pulitzer, CSU-Keule, HafenCityPhoto”>Medien: World Press Photo Award, Pulitzer, CSU-Keule, HafenCityPhoto</a>
The tru_tags links are below the article. Please look for ‘Artikel Navigation’ and below you see ‘Stichworte zu diesem Artikel – Anklicken und alle Artikel finden’.

tru_tags link in article: http://sankt-georg.info/tag/gruner-+-jahr/

Search action: gruner- -jahr
Result: no search result

Modified search link: http://sankt-georg.info/tag/gruner-%20-jahr/
Result: no search result

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#103 2006-07-15 05:11:16

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Per my blog post on the subject, I am pleased to announce v1.8 of tru_tags which contains support for a “related tags” cloud and the ability to render the article-tag-list as a cloud.

This update is completely backwards compatible, although I have some sense that performance might be a tiny bit (1%-ish) worse than it was. Using the new features is likely to make performance much, much worse, however, so read the documentation carefully before doing so :)

The code was also heavily refactored. It is much, much easier to understand and update, but this version may have small bugs as a result of the changes. It’s been live on two different sites for a while now, though, so I have high confidence in its stability.

I know there are a number of other bugs/feature requests outstanding, and I’ll be fixing those in a “v1.9” release soon. If you have a request that you haven’t mentioned yet, now’s the time. Here’s what I’m aware of at the moment:

• Fix the issue with <code>mb_strtolower()</code> on old versions of PHP
  • Fix/support non-alphabetic characters in tags, per merz1’s issue
  • Add attributes to allow you to specify the “title” attribute of tag links

(By the way, merz1 – it’s good to see that tru_tags works with soooo many tags!)

Beyond those, I think the next version will probably have admin-side goodness, and I’ll call it v2.0. Someday ;)

Last edited by truist (2008-07-03 12:03:09)

#104 2006-07-15 13:52:14

merz1
Website

@Nathan, first of all thanks for the fix.

Well, re: ‘sooo many tags’ … I am too lazy to limit them. In other words I am not disciplined enough to use a small self defined tag dictionary. On the other hand, that’s what tags are for, aren’t they? If not I could use categories …

I have no idea how you will do it :) but auto-tagging would be nice and maybe an extension in the admin-content-tab to choose from existing tags. Of course by using the magic new (soon to come ) auto tagging feature :-)

PS: It’s hot here so please excuse my words …

Update: (that textile is cruel sometimes) gruner_minus_plus_minus_jahr</code> at http://sankt-georg.info/tag/gruner-+-jahr/ doesn’t work! Still the same behavior:no result.

Update II: minpercent=“100” maxpercent=120” doesn’t work. I tested different values but the biggest one is always 200%

BTW: It’s mentioned on the web site in a comment but should be in the help: span style=“text-transform:capitalize” makes the difference between all-small and pretty-right keyword presentation.

Last edited by merz1 (2006-07-15 16:44:05)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#105 2006-07-18 00:44:12

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Update II: minpercent=”100” maxpercent=120” doesn’t work. I tested different values but the biggest one is always 200%

merz1 – in your example, you’re missing a quote around “120”. Is there any chance that you copy-and-pasted it, and that it’s wrong in your source?

I tried maxpercent on my site and it works, so I’m hoping it’s just a typo. If not, can you also let me know which cloud is it that’s having the problem – tru_tags_cloud, tru_tags_list, or tru_tags_related_tags_from_search? If it’s one of the three but not the others, the problem is probably in your site because they all share argument and rendering code.

If you’re sure it’s not in your site, I’ll dig around and see if I can find something.

#106 2006-08-21 00:37:12

sthmtc
Website

i wonder if it’s possible to achieve the following:

—> click a tag, see the list of other articles with that tag (ok, nothing special)

—> click on one article in that list and get something like <code>/tag/foobar/article-title</code>

—> then, context sensitive <code>link to next/prev</code> links to limit the article navigation to articles that contain the tag i was looking for

is this understandable? if not i try to elaborate :)

i’m in need of this functionality for my current project, maybe you guys have an idea…

#107 2006-08-22 17:19:02

merz1
Website

@nathan: You have found it. Yes, it was that stupid typo.

#108 2006-08-27 01:30:09

Consuetudinario
Website

Hi, i’m trying to install the v1.8 of this plugin in a 4.03 Textpattern.

I follow the installation guide step by step and when i enter to my site i get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /home/sites/consuetudinario/www/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 50

My server is running PHP 5.

Board footer