Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2006-05-05 18:18:29

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

Nathan, it’s great to see these updates — thanks!

I am seeing something strange happening, however. You can see it here: there is a bunch of unformatted code at the top of the page, concluding with this error: “Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 55”.

That error pops up when I put an image into a single particular entry — it appears immediately after the image code. Subsequent to the error, the rest of the page gets formatted correctly, with the exception of the one entry that contains the image and throws the error. Scroll down the page and you’ll see the rest of the entry (the clipped entry starts with “things I’m enjoying.” This happens regardless of where I place the image in that entry, and it continues to occur if I change the image. If I place a second image, the error still occurs, but the second image is displayed correctly.

If I switch the entry to draft status so that it’s not displayed, the page shows up correctly. There doesn’t seem to be any effect if I change the tags — I tried removing all but the “mac” tag, for instance.

The error seems to occur when there are like-tagged articles newer than the one in question: The article is displayed correctly at its permalink, and it’s displayed correctly on tag pages such /tag/imac, /tag/bibdesk, and /tag/quicksilver; but the error shows up again for page /tag/apple, where there are newer entries.

Other entries displayed by tag that also include images don’t seem to have problems, eg, /tag/flagstaff. So it seems that there’s something specific to this entry — but I have no idea what. Edit: I found another tag page that exhibits the same problem: /tag/sociology.

Any idea at all what’s happening?

Last edited by schussat (2006-05-05 18:23:21)

-Alan

#86 2006-05-07 11:39:45

nicklas
Website

truist wrote:

nicklas – can you post or email the code changes you made?

Sur, but since I’m not really good att php I’m not sure if it’s usable by everyone.

Line 172 to 175 in v1.5:
<code> if (tru_tags_use_clean_urls()) { $urlprefix = ‘http://’ . $siteurl . ‘/’ . $tagsection . ‘/’; $urlsuffix = $usereltag ? ‘/” rel=“tag’: ‘/’; } else {</code>

Last edited by nicklas (2006-05-07 11:42:43)

#87 2006-05-07 20:27:49

truist
Plugin Author
Website

schussat – It looks like you need to close your tru_tags_from_article call (put a ‘/’ at the end). Also, the textpattern code that is spitting out that error will not do so if you set your site to “live” mode. Does that help?

#88 2006-05-08 01:06:51

schussat
Plugin Author
Website

Oh, I feel like such a newbie. Thanks, trust, that [closing the tag — I had forgotten in one form, and should have realized it when this behavior popped up after you added support for override forms] did the trick perfectly.

Thanks again for a splendid plugin.

-Alan

#89 2006-05-20 13:25:22

spiffin
Plugin Author
Website

This is a wonderful plug-in .. thank you so much truist .. it really opens up all sorts of possibilities.

Just one small query: is it possible to order the tags in a tag list or tag cloud? By default they seem to be arranged alphabetically .. would it be possible, for example, to order them by most popular?

Thank you,

Simon

Last edited by spiffin (2006-05-31 12:52:46)

#90 2006-05-30 03:59:34

truist
Plugin Author
Website

I just posted v1.7 which supports sorting the tag cloud by tag frequency. Just add <code>sort=“count”</code> to your <code>tru_tags_cloud</code> or <code>tru_tags_list</code> call. See the usage instructions for more details.

Last edited by truist (2008-07-03 12:03:38)

#91 2006-05-30 07:55:48

lee

Thanks Nathan.

#92 2006-05-30 15:05:12

merz1
Website

Well, I don’t know if this is the right place to ask for the following feature. But maybe … Nathan could you add the following feature to your plugin? Maybe you can have a look at the original code in TXP which generates the meta keywords with txp:meta_keywords?

I am looking for a plug-in which only generates a meta-description tag. Somehow a meta-description generator with the following features is not available.

Features:
<ol>
<li>Some pre-defined leading text</li>
<li>if article – The standard TXP keywords for that article (optional: custom field)</li>
<li>if article list – some pre-defined keywords</li>
<li>if search result – some pre-defined keywords</li>
<li>Some pre-defined trailing text</li>
<li>An option to cut the meta-description tag to a maximum length</li>
</ol>
I am sure a solution would be very welcome! Not only by me!

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#93 2006-05-30 16:00:08

truist
Plugin Author
Website

I haven’t ever used the <code>meta_keywords</code> tag, but it seems to me that if you can get meta_keywords to work, you really just need something that will add pre-defined leading/trailing text to the meta tag (#1, #2, and #5) and something that limits the tag to a max length (#6). #3 and #4 should be doable now, with pre-defined leading/trailing text, just by using the existing textpattern tags.

Either way, though, it seems like a new plugin, not like an extension to tru_tags. You might want to try posting a new topic in this forum, to see if anyone is interested in writing it.

#94 2006-05-31 19:28:23

odilon

I’m trying to get this fantastic plugin to work but have stumbled at the first hurdle.

I’ve followed the installation instructions and when

<code>
<txp:tru_tags_if_has_tags> tags: <txp:tru_tags_from_article />
</txp:tru_tags_if_has_tags>
</code>

is added to an article form the following error occurs when the keyword field has content…

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_strtolower() in /textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 71

I’m running TP 4.0.3.

Is there an obvious reason why this error is occurring? Any advice or ideas on things to try would be appreciate.

#95 2006-05-31 22:12:04

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_strtolower() in /textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 71

Interesting – that call just went in with v1.6, and I’m guessing that your problem is that you’re using a version of PHP from before 4.3. I don’t think old versions (< 4.3) of PHP are still supported – is that the problem, and do you need to use such an old version? If so, the problem is fixable.

For now, you can go back to v1.5 and that should fix it.

Last edited by truist (2008-07-03 12:03:25)

#96 2006-06-01 11:05:29

odilon

Thanks truist. v1.5 worked first time.

Board footer