Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#625 2009-09-16 20:07:57

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

mlarino wrote:

I installed the plugin, in the write tab everything seems to be working but When I try to access the tru_tags tab in the Extensions tab I get this fatal error message

It’s being fixed

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#626 2009-09-17 15:50:48

karl.dvx
Website

truist wrote:

karl.dvx – no worries about bumping the thread, that’s what it is for!

The latest version of tru_tags is compatible with txp 4.0.8, so it must be some other problem. It is very likely with the placement of your tru_tags_handler call. Do you have a section named “tag” and if you go to the base of that section (domain.com/tag/) do you see a tag cloud? If not, there’s something wrong with the section you created, or with your placement of the tru_tags_handler call. If you can give more details about what you have done, I’ll bet we can sort it out.

Few weeks later, gave it a try again, but it still didn’t work..
I tested it localy with localhost on a fresh textpattern install, same configuration as on my live site. And there it works without any problem.
Could it be a bad configuration of my server? First I tought maybe it would interfere with another plugin. So I disactivated all of them but that didn’t do anything.
Starting to get desperate, I really love this plugin.

#627 2009-09-17 16:28:22

alanfluff
Website

@karl.dvx I have limited experience with the brilliant tru_tags, but just in cASE you didn’t know, there is a special build (I think it is still the preferred usage) of TXP 4.0.8 that you get from the plugin author.

Guessing you may know all this, but just mentioned in case. Luck, it’s worth the effort. Cheers, -Alan

At LAST I’ve cheerfully donated to the core devs at #TXP. I only wish I were able to give more. Thanks to the devs and ALL fellow TXPers. -A

#628 2009-09-24 19:44:56

Vienuolis
Website GitHub GitLab Twitter

Hi there. How to re-index — refresh index of keywords? To avoid 404 error after every removed keyword, Not every removed keyword is suitable for redirection to another one. Why the removed keywords remain o the index permanently?

#629 2009-09-24 20:10:51

merz1
Website

Hi Vladas, can you explain your problem & workflow in detail please?
AFAIK the index is always updated (Nathan?).

Where do you click the deleted keyword to get the 404?
Are you using some kind of cache for the HTML output?

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#630 2009-09-25 06:35:44

Vienuolis
Website GitHub GitLab Twitter

Nothing special there. Texpattern 4.2.0, two plugins only (tru_tags and cfm_videoplayer), Apache, FreeBSD, no cache. Sorry for the trouble, perhaps the keywords (deleted by tru_tags panel) remain on this panel only (on the left side, ‘Current tags’). I still can not repeat false 404 situation.

#631 2009-10-24 01:22:48

shilmy

hello, do this tag scale well?

I’ve been using this tag plugin on my sites with excellent results. But most are small site with at most contain hundreds articles.

When I install this plugin in site with about 5 thousands articles, I got a Fatal ERROR:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/shilmy/public_html/calendars/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 283

this is happen when I click tags in the tags cloud.

#632 2009-10-24 04:41:48

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

shilmy wrote:

You can increase the speed by using article_custom and it’s keyword attribute. It does the same as the listing. If you use the tag redirection features, please don’t.

You can also speed it up by not using those article tag functions, but instead keywords and so on. For example I severly speeded up my article listings by using:

<txp:php>
	global $thisarticle;
	if(isset($thisarticle['keywords']) && $thisarticle['keywords']) {
		$out = array();
		$tags = explode(',',$thisarticle['keywords']);
		foreach($tags as $tag) 
			$out[] = '<a rel="nofollow" href="'.hu.'tag/'.$tag.'">'.$tag.'</a>';
		echo implode(', ',$out);
	}
</txp:php>

…instead <txp:tru_tags_if_has_tags> and <txp:tru_tags_from_article /> tags.

#633 2009-10-24 12:10:45

merz1
Website

@shilmy The scaling issue seems to be the total number of keywords and not the number of articles.

Using the standard tru_tags template tags it helps to minimize presentation attributes to default output. The caclulation of tru_tags clouds with many additional HTML rendering seems to be the issue.

More here and somewhere before in the thread.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#634 2009-10-24 12:28:38

merz1
Website

@Gocom

For example I severly speeded up my article listings

How much was the speed gain for article lists?
Is that code also much faster in single article context?

Is '.hu.' a fix variable for home URL wherever you use it in TXP-PHP context?

Btw: Why don’t you use the more specific microformat rel=“tag” or rel=“tag nofollow”?

#635 2009-10-24 12:43:17

truist
Plugin Author
Website

shilmy wrote:

Hm, I can’t think of a reason why the article listing would perform badly, as compared to Gocom’s solution. (And tru_tags will handle things like spaces and hyphens better.) But it could be slow because it is looking up (and rendering) the tags for each article in the results (assuming that you show tags with each article), and it would be extra slow if you were using settings like useroverallcounts.

Can you try setting your article limit on a normal section page to a really high number? I’m curious to see if that also times out.

#636 2009-10-24 13:48:46

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

merz1 wrote:

How much was the speed gain for article lists?

Depends how much shit you have there. One saved query and couple function calls and extract() do the differences.

merz1 wrote:

Btw: Why don’t you use the more specific microformat rel=“tag” or rel=“tag nofollow”?

It’s an example.

merz1 wrote:

Is ‘.hu.’ a fix variable for home URL wherever you use it in TXP-PHP context?

hu is defined string for site path.

truist wrote:

Hm, I can’t think of a reason why the article listing would perform badly, as compared to Gocom’s solution. (And tru_tags will handle things like spaces and hyphens better.)

Maybe those thousands of individual queries. The example I provided is just an example code. It’s not faster because hyphens and markup, but because your code causes some queries which will slow the page down.

Example, the tru_tags_from_article() function calls tru_tags_get_tags_for_article() function. It has a query in it:

$rs = safe_row($tags_field, "textpattern", "ID='$articleID' AND $tags_field <> ''");

And well it isn’t needed cause every article field is stored inside globals. That is why my example is faster.

Last edited by Gocom (2009-10-24 13:52:05)

Board footer