Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#613 2009-08-26 16:44:25

karl.dvx
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

Hey Nathan, thanks for your quick answer.

Yes, I created a “tag” section with the <txp:tru_tags_handler /> in it in the page corresponding with it, and when I manualy go to domain.com/tag I can see my tags without any problem. It’s only when I click a tag I get a 404. I also see the tags in my articles. I did everything as said in the usage instructions. Tried a couple more times, I really don’t see what could be the cause of this problem.
Could it be because of my modified .htaccess file(i read some other had problems because of their .htaccess file)?

This is my .htaccess file:

#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

#Options +FollowSymLinks
#Options -Indexes

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On #RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} !^$ RewriteRule .* – [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
</IfModule>

#php_value register_globals 0

Last edited by karl.dvx (2009-08-26 16:45:37)

#614 2009-09-12 16:30:18

debegray

I upgraded to 4.2.0 and it seems to have broken tru_tags, unless I forgot to turn a companion plugin back on. Does it make sense that it would stop working, or did I do something wrong?

#615 2009-09-12 16:35:37

debegray

Figured it out. I had to re-activate rss_admin_show_adv_opts, which I thought was optional.

#616 2009-09-12 16:45:13

els

debegray wrote:

I had to re-activate rss_admin_show_adv_opts, which I thought was optional.

That doesn’t make sense to me. On my site tru_tags is working fine with 4.2.0, without rss_admin_show_adv_opts…

#617 2009-09-12 17:06:54

debegray

Didn’t make sense to me either, believe me.

#618 2009-09-12 17:17:06

merz1
Website

rss_admin_show_adv_opts is deprecated because 4.2.0 will remember the toggle state of admin options.
I deleted rss_admin_show_adv_opts.

And on my site tru_tags is working fine with 4.2.0. There is no companion plug-in.
Check your ‘test’ and ‘debug’ messages.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#619 2009-09-12 22:51:21

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Nathan,

Seems that, as adressed here, the tru_tags uses the old split() which is deprecated in PHP 5.3.0 and removed as of 6.0.0. To fix the issue, simple search-and-replace explode() does it.

#620 2009-09-15 17:03:03

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Ah, that makes sense. I will eventually upgrade my own site, at which time I’ll double-check all the compatibility issues, and release a new version. Some of those new plugin-author-friendly features seem like they might be worth investigating, also.

#621 2009-09-15 17:59:13

maniqui
Website

hi Nathan,

any idea why, on “Extension” -> “tru_tags” under “Current tags”, it only displays tags from just one section? I mean, I’ve added keywords to different articles on different sections, but under “Current tags” it only lists tags from articles belonging to “Blog” section.

I’m still on an TXP 4.2.0 RC, slightly modified (hopefully, the modifications have nothing to do with this issue).
If you think any other information could help, please let me know.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#622 2009-09-15 18:08:27

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Do those tags show up in the public-side cloud (assuming you have one)? A possible culprit is that you have those other sections configured to not be searchable, in which case tru_tags will ignore tags that only live in those sections.

#623 2009-09-16 00:15:50

maniqui
Website

hi Nathan,

thanks for your reply, which help me to investigate the issue a little more.
Yes, the first reason was that some of the sections that were “failing”, were set to “searchable -> no”.
But even after that, I was still having some issues, as tags from a particular section (“Events”) that weren’t appearing on the Current tags list.
Finally, I found the “problem”: tru_tags ignores tags from future articles, which makes sense in most situations, but not in mine ;) as I’m using future articles as events.

So, now, I’ve two questions:

1) I wonder what’s the reason to ignore tags on not searchable sections? Could this be configured?
2) Any chance to add the option to include future articles?

Thanks.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#624 2009-09-16 07:48:16

mlarino

I installed the plugin, in the write tab everything seems to be working but When I try to access the tru_tags tab in the Extensions tab I get this fatal error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare pref_func() (previously declared in /home/sites/xxx.com/public_html/santy/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) :
eval()'d code:901) in /home/sites/xxx.com/public_html/santy/textpattern/include/txp_prefs.php on line 239

I am using txp v4.2

———————————————————————————
UPDATE:
I made a little test deactivating plugins and I found out mem_postmaster is causing the problem.
When its active, tru_tags tab in Extentions doest work.
Any way around this?

Thanks!

Last edited by mlarino (2009-09-16 08:23:20)

Board footer