Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#601 2009-06-19 14:03:16

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

Markus, in your original report, you mentioned “(affiliate link details…)”, and I also noticed that you have “&” in the URL – is there any chance that there’s something strange in the URL that’s causing the problem? What if you try a simpler URL, but the same TXP tags, does that fix the problem? (Maybe try a simple fake URL like “http://www.example.com/”)

#602 2009-06-19 15:20:12

merz1
Website

Nathan I tried a simple Google search URL instead of the Amazon linkpath in the feed and it did not work. In single articles the same URL works like a charm. Somehow the feed issue, which is also a article list, makes me believe that there might be some issue with lists maybe combined with the txp:if_keywords tag. The problem with feeds and esp. with server errors is that I can’t get debug info.

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#603 2009-06-19 15:40:18

truist
Plugin Author
Website

How about tru_tags_if_has_tags – does it have the same problem?

#604 2009-06-19 16:14:53

maverick
Website

Any chance this has something to do with merz1’s issue with txp:if_keywords?

#605 2009-06-19 16:39:05

merz1
Website

Well, I substituted tru_tags_if_has_tags with if_keywords for better TXP core tag compatibilty :).

OK, debug output on top of category article list page after wrapping tru_tags_from_article with if_keywords:

<txp:tru_tags_from_article /> -> Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array on line 98

textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()’d code:98 extract()
textpattern/publish.php:1090 tru_tags_from_article()
textpattern/publish.php:1012 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:499 parse()
index.php:36 textpattern()

<txp:tru_tags_from_article /> -> Notice: Undefined variable: thisid on line 100

textpattern/publish.php:1090 tru_tags_from_article()
textpattern/publish.php:1012 processTags()
textpattern/publish.php:499 parse()
index.php:36 textpattern()

Debug ouput is simple and doesn’t show any execution of tru_tags_from_article

<txp:if_keywords>
	[<txp:if_keywords>: true]
</txp:if_keywords>

Let’s check an individual article:

• No debug putput on top of page
  • Oops Same debug output as above. No sign of any execution of tru_tags_from_article
  • Linked keyword links are shown in the article.

And to finally answer your question :)

<txp:tru_tags_if_has_tags><txp:tru_tags_from_article /></txp:tru_tags_if_has_tags>

Works fine and shows the linked keywords in my category article list.

For completeness the debug output from a single article:

<txp:tru_tags_if_has_tags>
			[SQL (0,0053141117095947): select Keywords from tpstgi2textpattern as textpattern where ID='831' AND Keywords <> '']
			[<txp:tru_tags_if_has_tags>: true]
			<txp:tru_tags_from_article />
				[SQL (0,0054550170898438): select Keywords from tpstgi2textpattern as textpattern where ID='831' AND Keywords <> '']
				[SQL (0,0025260448455811): select name from tpstgi2txp_section as txp_section where searchable != '1']
				[SQL (0,081601858139038): select Keywords from tpstgi2textpattern as textpattern where Keywords <> ''and Section != ''and Section != 'kontakt' and Section != 'tag' and Section != 'kalender' and Section != 'suchergebnis' and Status >= '4' and Posted <= now() and (now() <= Expires or Expires = '0000-00-00 00:00:00')]
		</txp:tru_tags_if_has_tags>

So, what’s the conclusion? Do we have a TXP core issue with if_keywords or does tru_tags_from_article have a problem with compatibility?

Edit: Oops :) Thanks Maverick for the hint! Gocom found an if_keywords error. Wet laconically adds Fixed in r3213.

Last edited by merz1 (2009-06-19 16:44:25)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#606 2009-06-24 00:39:17

Agogo

I dont know if it will help anyone, but I had the same problem as aswihart had in 2008 (page 39/40) – calling the tru_tags_handler twice when the tag is only used once will produce a 404. The plugin will actually redirect to a 404.

The simplest solution I found (since Im calling the tru_tags_handler through pages and not forms) is to remove the redirect from the plugin code. Find these lines and comment two of them out as so:

if (isset($atts['noarticles'])) {
  tru_tags_redirect($atts['noarticles'], true);
//} else {
//  txp_die(gTxt('404_not_found'), '404');
}

#607 2009-07-01 12:19:09

superfly
Plugin Author
Website

Hey Nathan,
You might want to add this patch to your cool tru_tags plugin….

WP-Cumulus Flash plugin

<code>is</poetry>

#608 2009-07-01 18:20:15

truist
Plugin Author
Website

superfly,

I haven’t looked at your source code, but I assume you’re just calling some of my tag functions to generate the appropriate XML for the flash widget? If that’s the case, you could just release a new plugin that does exactly the same thing – calls my plugin’s functions – without having to change tru_tags at all. All the functions should be readily accessible, even from a different plugin.

I’m a little wary of adding this to tru_tags – I don’t really like the XML structure that the flash widget wants, and this doesn’t seem like a feature that many people would use, so I don’t want to have to support the code. So I’m hoping that you’d be willing to implement the separate plugin, as I think that would give everybody what they want.

Does anyone else on this thread have an interest in this feature? If there’s enough support for it, maybe I’ll integrate it anyway.

#609 2009-07-01 18:52:33

merz1
Website

Nathan an extra plug-in is a good proposal. I am not interested in flash tag clouds.

#610 2009-08-25 19:45:04

karl.dvx
Website

Sorry for bumping this thread. I installed this plugin on my website, I can make tags, I can see the list with tags but when I click on one I get a 404 on the http://domain.com/tag/keyword. I did not changed any settings. Uninstalled it, reinstalled it, but nothing… I did everything as said in the instructions.
Could it be because I have the latest version 4.0.8 (r3085) installed and the plugin is not yet compatible?
Too bad because this plugin is really great!
Any help?
Thanks.

#611 2009-08-25 19:52:49

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

merz1 wrote:

Nathan an extra plug-in is a good proposal. I am not interested in flash tag clouds.

I think all superfly really needs is the ability to customize the tag output. This may be possible with more recent versions of tru_tags but I know when he originally asked if the flash cloud was possible it wasn’t apparent to me how to do it with tru_tags but it was doable with smd_tags.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#612 2009-08-26 00:23:45

truist
Plugin Author
Website

karl.dvx – no worries about bumping the thread, that’s what it is for!

The latest version of tru_tags is compatible with txp 4.0.8, so it must be some other problem. It is very likely with the placement of your tru_tags_handler call. Do you have a section named “tag” and if you go to the base of that section (domain.com/tag/) do you see a tag cloud? If not, there’s something wrong with the section you created, or with your placement of the tru_tags_handler call. If you can give more details about what you have done, I’ll bet we can sort it out.

Board footer