Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#589 2009-06-02 12:00:42

merz1
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

LetterHoofd Can you please check 1st what creates the <p class="bottom"> (article body) parts.

The HTML code looks strange:

<p class="bottom">…<strong></strong>H<strong></strong>e<strong></strong>t<strong></strong> <strong></strong>n<strong></strong>i<strong></strong>e<strong></strong>u<strong></strong>w<strong></strong>e<strong></strong> <strong></strong>s<strong></strong>e<strong></strong>i<strong></strong>z<strong></strong>o<strong></strong>e<strong>...

Btw: The question is off topic as the problem seems to be the creation of your content and is not tru_tags related. Deleted because of Nathans good memory :)

Last edited by merz1 (2009-06-02 16:09:58)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#590 2009-06-02 12:25:51

LetterHoofd
Website

I’m quite sure it’s tru_tags related.

The paragraph with the redundant tags is caused by the hilight-attribute in txp:search_result_excerpt. Default is strong and now I changed it to em. The problem remains.

<p class="bottom">…<em></em>H<em></em>e<em></em>t<em></em> <em></em>n<em></em>i<em></em>e<em></em>u<em></em>w<em></em>e<em></em> <em></em>s<em></em>e<em></em>i<em></em>

In normal search results the matched words have the right formatting, but in related articles through tru_tags it tries to stylize the search term, fails to it and therefore splits every word into letters and puts all the redundant tags.
link

#591 2009-06-02 13:14:51

truist
Plugin Author
Website

LetterHoofd: I knew this sounded familiar, and sure enough, it has been discussed before. (Read the following 3-4 posts.) The resolution is basically “don’t use search_result_excerpt with tru_tags”. I suppose I should plan to make a tru_tags_search_result_excerpt tag, sometime.

#592 2009-06-02 13:36:28

LetterHoofd
Website

Fair enough. I didn’t go through the whole forum topic (59 pages was a bit overwhelming…) and searching in the forum didn’t direct me to that discussion, so I thought I had a unique problem.
Thanks for the quick answer/solution.

#593 2009-06-02 16:36:06

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Yes, it took me a few tries to find it also, but I had the advantage of being sure it was there :) It was finally google that did the trick.

#594 2009-06-14 15:43:10

jstubbs
Website

Probably a basic question that has an easy answer that I have missed – how can one output the tag associated with an article on a list page?

For example, I want the user to visit the tag page and see something like: “Here are a list of articles posted with the Politics tag” – where politics is the name of the tag.

This is what I have in my page now:

<txp:if_individual_article>
<txp:article limit="1" form="article_single" />
<txp:else />
<h2 class="category_list">Entries filed under this tag:</h2>
<txp:tru_tags_handler />
</txp:if_individual_article>

#595 2009-06-14 20:33:48

els

Hi Jonathan, that would be <txp:tru_tags_tag_parameter />, wrapped in <txp:tru_tags_if_tag_search> tags.

#596 2009-06-15 18:29:45

jstubbs
Website

Thanks Els! That worked nicely…I also found out there is a new version – 3.5 – which I downloaded and installed. Thanks to Nathan for such a fine plugin!

#597 2009-06-15 18:33:42

jstubbs
Website

BTW – seems the <txp:tru_tags_if_tag_search> is not required in order to display the name of the tag, <txp:tru_tags_tag_parameter /> will do just fine.

#598 2009-06-17 10:43:06

merz1
Website

Nathan I have another issue which breaks my RSS & ATOM feeds and results in a server error 500 (script doesn’t work or uses too much CPU time).

At the end of my tru_tags_feed_tags form I had the following code (manually wrapped & edited):

<txp:if_keywords>
  <txp:tru_tags_from_article 
  linkpath="http://www.amazon.de/gp/search?(affiliate link details...)&amp;keywords=" 
  texttransform="capitalize" usenofollow="1" />
</txp:if_keywords>

A <txp:if_keywords> test </txp:if_keywords> works fine.

I am really wondering about this problem with the RSS feed as I have the same block of code three times below each single article in my footer (Research help with linkpath= to: Google, Technorati, Amazon) and with single articles I don’t run into the server error 500.

Edit: As this might be (looks like) a TXP core problem … I am using TXP 4.0.8. If you need more details let me know.

Last edited by merz1 (2009-06-17 10:46:45)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#599 2009-06-18 13:36:22

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Markus,

I’m not sure how to go about helping with this; except for the ‘linkpath’ my feed code is the same, and the ‘linkpath’ bit just substitutes a string, so it shoudn’t be causing performance problems. Let me know if you see a way I can help, and I happily will.

#600 2009-06-19 13:47:12

merz1
Website

Nathan thanks for your response. Right now I have deleted the mentioned code and the feeds work as expected. But before removing the code I tried every combination of txp:tru_tags_from_article arguments and linkpath was the one which caused the server error 500. Strange.

I can only guess that the TXP rss or and atom core handling is somehow different than the article handling.

Another vague hint goes in the direction of wrapping txp:tru_tags_from_article into a txp:if_keywords pair. In my category article lists a wrapped txp:tru_tags_from_article did not show the linked keywords (No problem with individual articles). Removing the txp:if_keywords pair solved the problem.

BTW: txp:tru_tags_from_article in an HTML comment in an article list also resulted in a server error.

Board footer